change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Overnight Parking in Vigo

by kklabau Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Hi,
      I'm taking the ferry but to Islas Cies from Vigo and camping there for a few days. Do you know where is the best place to park my car overnight near the port where the ferry leaves from?

more
    • Overnight Parking in Vigo

by kklabau Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Hi,
      I'm taking the ferry but to Islas Cies from Vigo and camping there for a few days. Do you know where is the best place to park my car overnight near the port where the ferry leaves from?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • Geographic question

by debbie57 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 4:48 PM

is the town a walkable distance from the cruise port or is it advisable that I take one of those expensive excursions from the ship? Also what is a "don't miss"experience in vigo?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Elgreco77's Profile Photo

Porto to Vigo

by Elgreco77 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM

We arrive in Porto in early June and stay 2 nights there before taking the train to Vigo and then Santiago. We understand that we can't prebook the train. We would like to be absolutely certain of catching it as it's essential to our plans. We will have a spare day before we catch it and can go and book then. Does the train tend to get full? We are both senior citizens and want to purchase tarjetas doradas on arrival. Can we purchase them in Porto or just in Spain?
      Finally, we have 3 nights in Santiago and 3 in La Coruna, we plan to hire a car there and visit some of the more remote places. We then have 3 more nights before returning to Porto. I'm torn between Pontevedra or Vigo, or both. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

12 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • Good gyms in Vigo?

by WeWillMineralYou Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I'm wondering if there are any good gyms in Vigo with squat racks and barbells. A quick google search showed a bunch of "gyms" with nothing but machines. I train in weight lifting and I would hate to have to stop during my semester abroad.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    • Quick visits.

by loisjacko34 Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I only have a day in each place, is there a small train or a tourist bus around the city sights?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • Accommodation

by ColinRandall Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I want to spend 2 or 3 nights at Vigo while my son starts a year at the University. I am just looking for a cheap bed and breakfast. Any suggestions welcome.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    • Train from Santiago to Vigo

by caminohiker Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Is there an early morning train from Santiago de Compostela to Vigo, which connects with the Vigo to Porto train? Thanks

4 Answers Jun 3, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    • Advice needed re train to Vigo

by AnnieSue59 Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 5:15 PM

The Man In Seat 61 website says ".... take [an] express train called the 'Camino de Santiago' right across Spain, departing Irun at 08:45 and arriving Ourense 18:30, Santiago de Compostela at 20:02 and A Coruña at 20:35. A portion of this train attached at Miranda de Ebro is detached again at Ourense and goes to Vigo, arriving at 20:06. "

My husband and I have tickets from Irun to Vigo on the above train, for next Friday (22 July 11). Can someone please tell me how we can get into the right part of the train before it reaches Ourense? Will we we able to simply walk through the train (after Miranda de Ebro, of course)?

Hope someone can advise. Thanks.
      Annie Sue

4 Answers Jul 16, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    • What is there to do in Vigo and the surrounding area?

by JessMG Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 7:41 AM

I am going to stay with a Spanish family near Vigo. I am staying for 6 weeks. The address is Sayanes and I can't find much information on places in this area other than the beaches. Information on Vigo city would also be great!

I do not drive and would love some information on public transport. I would also like to know where would be good to meet people in their early 20's.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to be a loner for 6 weeks!

4 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • travel from Vigo to Sarria

by SFava Online Now Apr 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM

How can I get from Vigo in Galicia to Sarria?
      Cost of bus?
      Is it possible to hire a car and driver.
      Time would be end of may

4 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • Vigo Spain...day spa

by Lolsun Online Now Oct 22, 2010 at 4:47 PM

We are arriving in Vigo via cruise ship and looking for a spa services in Vigo that don't require being a guest at the spa/hotel...any ideas?

2 Answers Oct 23, 2010 at 1:51 AM
    • Bars

by dlenski Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 7:04 PM

My boyfriend and I are meeting in Vigo, Spain October 9th thru the 23rd. I live in the states and he works overseas. Since this vacation is hard to plan with me full time in school and in at work and him overseas...I could use as much help as possible. As lame as this is, I wanna surprise him. But it is the MLB playoffs, does anyone know a bar around Vigo that is will allow us to watch the playoffs and enjoy a few drinks? Also if there are any other suggestions for entertainment and things to do, it would be greatly appreciated. We only have a short time together and not a lot of time to plan it either. Thank you so much to anyone who can help!

Ms. Lenski

• cruise ship

by chuckproc Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM

we are arriving by cruise ship on sept 7th wondering how far is tourist attractions from the cruise port and what is the best way to get around vigo?
      thanks for the help chuck

2 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    • beaches in vigo

by janniebabes Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Hi we are a family of four visiting vigo for one day can you recommend any nice beaches nearby that two teenage boys will enjoy. we don't want to travel too far away. also any good places to go to. many thanks.

1 Answer Jul 28, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    • Spending 1 month in Vigo (Galicia)

by pamomisechampi Online Now May 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Hello Everybody !

I would like you to give me many information about Vigo because I have to perform a work placement for 1 month, and I would like to rent a flat overthere.
      Otherwise, I don't know the nices and lively neighbourhoods. I would like to be closed to bars,restaurants,shopping malls and many other things like that. I would like to be able to meet some people.
      Could you tell me where do I have to go?

Thanks !

Morgane

• Taking a dog on the beach

by Chantal1957 Online Now Apr 29, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Hello,

we are planning to travel to Vigo in juli. We would like to bring our little dog along. Is he allowed on the beaches between Vigo and Baiona? Is he allowed on Spanish trains and public busses?

Thanks for your replies and travelgreetings from Belgium.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    • traveling to lisbon

by ht-book Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Is there a bus line that runs to and from Lisbon from Vigo? There are five of us traveling in September and we don't want to fly or drive.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    • santiago de compostela to vigo

by tennisforfun Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM

We are arriving at airport in santiago de compostela and are travelling to vigo for a 2 week holiday. Is there a train or a bus to Vigo. Any suggestions for our stay to be wonderful. We are from Australia

14 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • hostels in vigo, galicia, spain?

by greenpossum Online Now Jul 18, 2009 at 7:26 AM

I'll be up this way towards the end of September, coming from Portugal and returning that way. There doesn't seem to be much backpacker accommodation in Vigo, a HI hostel and a University affiliated hostel. Are there not many travellers coming here?

I was thinking of staying here and taking a day trip to Santiago de Compostela. Or should I just go straight to Santiago?

What would you recommend for 3 days in Galicia? I will be using buses and trains.

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jul 18, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    • igcoldicott's Profile Photo

Travelling from Vigo to Porto

by igcoldicott Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I'm going to have to travel from Vigo to Porto in three weeks' time. I've looked at the options and would appreciate some advice. It seems one option is the take an Autna bus from Estacion Autobuses, and there are several departurues each day - presumably no need to book ahead. The other option is to take the international train, which runs twice a day. There are details and prices the Portuguese railways web site on cp.pt but I can't find a way to book it, and I'm not even sure it's possible to take this as a Vigo-Porto single journey, as it's advertised as a day trip to Vigo. I can't find any reference on the Spanish railways site renfe.es to these trains atall. Can anyone help?
      And having said that, would I be better spending more time in Porto and not bothering to spend half a day in Vigo? I will have four days in Porto.

10 Answers Apr 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM
    • Which Bus from Port to Main Shopping Street

by graefin Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 1:08 PM

We will arrive on a cruise ship and would like to take public transportation (bus) from the Cruise Ship Docks to the main shopping street in Vigo.
      1. Where would we catch the bus? (Directions from... to...
      2. Where do we find the bus schedule
      3. How do we buy tickets for the bus and how much are they.
      4. How far is it to the main shopping Street?

Thanks in advance for your help

• what to do in Vigo

by rlincoln1 Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM

We will be in Vigo for 12 hours on our cruise and plan to explore on our own. Can anyone give us some suggestions of things to do and see while we are there? Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 5, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    • Transportation from cruise dock to city center

by Blondie44blue Online Now Feb 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM

How close is the Vigo city center to the dock where the cruise ships dock?

4 Answers Feb 10, 2008 at 10:19 AM
    • gran via de vigo shopping centre

by shebie226 Online Now Dec 31, 2007 at 12:49 AM

hi can anyone tell me how far this is from the cruise terminal

if i need to get a taxi how much would this cost

1 Answer Jan 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM
    • crmartins's Profile Photo

Vigo - any camping?

by crmartins Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 4:43 PM

Hi! I'm planning on visiting Vigo for one day. (tomorrow ;) ) Will anyone tell me if there's any camping? and how to access it?

A Hug!

Have a nice summer!

catarina

• Santiago de Compostella via ship tour or local tour?

by Seattlemary Online Now May 28, 2006 at 11:08 AM

We are visiting Vigo via cruise ship in September. We usually like local tours better then the ship's. Does anyone have any suggestions for local tours, or would we be safer to take a ship tour. How long a bus ride is it to Compostella, please. Thank you for any suggestions.
      Mary

1 Answer May 28, 2006 at 2:21 PM
    • Vigo to Santiago de Compostela

by zelniker Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 3:19 PM

We want to travel from Vigo to Santiago de Compostela round trip by bus. How do I get information on scheduling, costs, and where the bus station is located? Thank you. Ed

1 Answer Apr 8, 2006 at 3:31 PM
    • xinoxano's Profile Photo

from Vigo to Porto

by xinoxano Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 5:10 AM

Is it possible to go from Vigo to Porto by train? According to the Renfe webside there is no direct connection. If this is like this, is it possible to go from Vigo or Pontevedra to Valença (the first town in Portugal from the North) and then change trains?

2 Answers Mar 29, 2006 at 4:49 AM
    • tickets for Celta

by noelol Online Now Mar 3, 2006 at 8:33 AM

Can anyone tell me if i will have problems to get tickets for the last game of the season for Celta Vigo in May, i never been before and am travelling with my teenage son,and anyone recomment a clean convienent reasonable hotel

• on a cruise

by JaneMiles Online Now Apr 12, 2004 at 9:13 AM

I will be spending one day in each of the following places in May:- Vigo, Malaga, Calvi, Livorno and Cannes. I also walk most of the places I visit. But would like to know in advance of where the most interesting places to visit are and what to see.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2004 at 10:43 AM