Vigo Travel Answers

change location

What is there to do in Vigo and the surrounding area?

by JessMG Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 7:41 AM

I am going to stay with a Spanish family near Vigo. I am staying for 6 weeks. The address is Sayanes and I can't find much information on places in this area other than the beaches. Information on Vigo city would also be great!

I do not drive and would love some information on public transport. I would also like to know where would be good to meet people in their early 20's.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to be a loner for 6 weeks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: What is there to do in Vigo and the surrounding area?

by ranger49 Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Hello and welcome to VT.

You could make a start by looking at what VT members have written about Vigo -

Vigo Travel Guide

If that long link does not work type Vigo into the Destination search box at top right of the page and from the list that appears select Vigo in Galicia.

I am afraid there is not a Travel Page for Sayanes ( you could become the first Member to write one afer your stay there!) but it is possible someone writing on the Vigo guide will have referred to it.

By the way if you want to look at other nearby places just follow the search route as above.
    Good Luck and enjoy your stay in Galicia.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Vigo was one of the ports on a cruise that my wife and I enjoyed back in 1992,due to the fact we get a rush of excitement with old towns that have hilly, winding cobbled-stone narrow streets (alleys). Vigo is one of them. By the port area and up the hills of the old town area are great tapas bars and seafood restaurants. Had one of the best Paellas ever at the port area. Rúa dos Cesteiros is one of the amazing streets in the old section that is as it states in Galician, the street of basket weavers. It was this way hundreds of years ago and still is filled with all kinds of baskets on the ground, up on rope, inside the stores. Worth the time to see and admire the artistist touches of the weavers. Great photo ops in Vigo's old town. A good source of info is found on the Galica Guide. See website: galiciaguide.com/Vigo-old-to...

• Ribeirasacra's Profile Photo

by Ribeirasacra Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I would suggest you have a look at the official tourism website for the city. It is very informative.
    http://www.turismodevigo.es/
    I would also suggest that the family will be a good source of information on what to do and see. They will know when there are local fiestas etc.
    Sayanes is to the south of Vigo so you may find yourself rather isolated without a car. This is a small village

• Ribeirasacra's Profile Photo

by Ribeirasacra Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM

A question raised in 2011!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines