Vigan Travel Answers

change location
GuestLancer's Profile Photo

Inquiries Viga-Laoag-Pagudpud

by GuestLancer Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Hello Guys..

I already read some inputs here in the forum but I have some other inquiries to those people who had been in the said places. My gf and I will be planning to visit first Vigan-go to Laoag then Pagudpud this June. Hope you can share your experience.

Vigan Inquiries

1. Travel time from Manila to Vigan?
2. Where in Vigan will be the drop-off so that Driver/Kunduktor will know? Is it Calle Crisologo?
3. Estimated hours to tour Vigan
4. Estimated hours travel going to laoag?

Laoag Inquiries
1. Where we can ride a transpo going to Laoag?
2. Are these places can accomodate in 3 hours tour? Or do you think these are enought to explore Laoag?
sinking bell tower
saint william cathedral
museo iloko
malacanang of the north
paoay church
marcos museum
marcos photo gallery
Saramsam Restaurant
Sta. Monica Church
3. Since we are targeting minimal time in this places, can we catch a transpo moving to Pagudpud? This will be our last stop.
4. Estimated travel hour from Laoag to Pagudpud

Pagudpud Inquiries
1. As I read some blogs here, which one should explore first, the North Bound or the South Bound where Bangui WindMills is there?
2. Estimated time exploring the North Bound? and South Bound?
3. As I read on other part of this forum, theres a transportation from Pagudpud to Manila. Some says you have to go to Laoag first. Or do we need to go back again to Vigan? Just want to verify
4. Estimated travel hour going back to Manila IF theres a transpo available in Pagudpud

Other Inquiries
1. 4 days and 3 nights is a good one or a short one?
2. 5k budget per head, swak ba? or kapos?

Thanks in advance guys!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Inquiries Viga-Laoag-Pagudpud

by davidjo Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

1, 2, Our bus(Partas lines to Vigan took around 10 hrs with 2 stops, which dropped us off near Burgos Square, i think Bonofacio st.or it might have been Florentino st, 2 min from Illocos Sur info centre. 3. i imagine half a day is the quickest, but better a whole day, depends on how long and how interested you are in seeing the sites such as museums. 4. 2hrs
    Rest of questions i leave to someone else

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eagerexplorer's Profile Photo

by eagerexplorer Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Hi there!

For Vigan:

1. If you depart from Manila at night, it would probably take you 8-9 hours if you take the bus. Travel during the day is much longer.
    2. If you're riding Partas, they have a bus station in Vigan itself, near the market. If I were you, I'd ride the Partas bus to Vigan. Make sure that you're not riding a bus going to Laoag or elsewhere in Ilocos, as there's a very big chance that they won't go through the Vigan city proper.
    3. Spend an entire afternoon at the minimum.
    4. It will take you probably 2.5 hours to Laoag.

For Laoag:
    1. If you're coming from Vigan, you have to ride a tricycle to go out of the city proper and onto the main highway going North.
    2. As far as I know, the Marcos Museum, and where Marcos' body lies are in Batac, not Laoag, so you will have to make a stopover here. The sinking tower is also not in Laoag, but in Bacarra, so another stopover. Paoay church is in the town of Paoay. To be honest, 3 hours is not enough. A more leisurely itinerary would be to spend an entire day travelling from Vigan to Laoag, stopping at certain attractions.
    3. While it's possible to catch a mini-bus to Pagudpud, it's going to be a lot easier if you had your own vehicle to go the places stated above and to Pagudpud.
    4. It's probably an hour from Laoag to Pagudpud.

While all these attractions can be covered in 4 days, I'd recommend that you trim down the list of places to see, so that you'll have a truly enjoyable vacation. :D

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

by asianbelle Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I think most of your queries were answered in the above posts. A slight correction though: The sinking bell tower is in Laoag, near the public market to be exact. The one in Bacarra is called the leaning bell tower (though personally, I suggest you skip this).

There is a direct trip between Manila and Pagudpud by Florida Bus. However, I think there's only 2 trips per day. Your alternative is to take transfer in Laoag (there's also no direct trip between Pagudpud and Vigan).

• GuestLancer's Profile Photo

by GuestLancer Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Thanks a Lot!

• GuestLancer's Profile Photo

by GuestLancer Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Thanks a lot guys for your inputs!