Vigan Travel Answers

change location

2 days and 1 night in vigan. how much will it cost?

by sgvelasco Online Now Feb 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i want spend a week end in vigan, to relax and explore the city as well but i don't know how much it will cost. anyone, please give me an advice in how to get there from manila, places to visit, place where in could stay in cheapest price. I'll be all by my self. need help badly.
thanks a lot!

(P.S. Im a back packer, i used to travel by foot, pls. include place where i could go by foot.)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • solitary_wanderer's Profile Photo

Re: 2 days and 1 night in vigan. how much will it cost?

by solitary_wanderer Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Hi! Im also a backpacker and I travel solo. I went solo backpacking up north last August 2010. When I went to Vigan from Laoag, I just spent almost 2 hours there. I just hire a calesa tour to take me to various places in Vigan. You can first ask the tourism center located at calle crisologo (beside Vigan Church). If I remember it right, I just paid 150 for an hour calesa rent. After which, I rode a tricycle going to Baluarte, which was owned by Chavit Singson. I paid 40 pesos one way to Baluarte and there's no entrance fee in Baluarte.

If you're coming from Manila, the best way is to ride an overnight bus in Sampaloc, Im not quite sure about their sked. When I went there, I flew via Cebu Pacific Mla-Laoag. My plane fare was one thousand pesos only one way and from Laoag, I just made my way through Vigan. If you're planning a weekend trip and you wish to fly there, which I think is more practical if you have a tight sked, you can take a Friday flight out of manila and sleep over in Laoag and then go to Vigan the next morning. You can go have a stopover in Batac and Paoay on the way to Vigan :) I hope that helps :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thereese's Profile Photo

by thereese Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 4:15 AM

to go around in Ilocos I would suggest to rent a car/van, it would be more convenient and would save time. If you're only staying for 2D1N spend the night in Pagudpod.. Search for Cathy's HOmestay, it's the cheapest homestay along Saud Beach.. and for affordable transportation to go around pagudpod and vigan contact Lerry Molina: 0929-813-8352.. I only spent 3,500 when I visited vigan-laoag and pagudpod. These locals made my stay in vigan and pagudpod worthwhile.. =)

• thereese's Profile Photo

by thereese Online Now Mar 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM

For van/tricycle reservation kindly contact kuya lee: 0912-616-4172 or 0929-813-8352..have been receiving a lot of queries on how to go around Vigan, might as well contact Kuya Lee for your itineraries. I would like to clarify my previous reply regarding the Php3,500 (this is the amount I spent during my vacation in Vigan-Laoag and Pagudpod) For the Van/ tricycle rental's quotation kindly contact kuya lee...=)

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM

cheap hotel-vigan hotel (we paid 400 for double last year),bus less than 600. Crisologo st, crisologo museum,(there are a few others too) burgos sq, church, (all in cantre within walking distance of hotel). Eat empanadas from the stalls near the church, veg ones are a few pesos, others with egg 50 pesos.Usual fast food places.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines