Vigan Travel Answers

change location

vigan or laoag for the 1st day?

by carriesantosguinto Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

hi, i need some help. my husband and i are planning an Ilocos trip this feb. would it be best to tour laoag first then go to vigan on our last day? or vigan first then tour laoag and pagudpud? how many days would you guys advice for this trip, 3d/2n or 4d/3n? our budget is 15k, and we're planning to take a bus. hope somebody can help me. thanks :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: vigan or laoag for the 1st day?

by asianbelle Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I would say minimum of 4d/3n, if you want to explore these 3 areas (plus, there are points of interest in between that you may want to visit too). Travel time alone can take much of your time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

Re: vigan or laoag for the 1st day?

by bojomacaraig Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 3:20 AM

if you are coming from Manila by bus, Vigan should be first on you itinerary,
    you can stay overnight before going to Laoag. In vigan, you can go to Crisologo st. (a heritage site by UNESCO) from there you can hire a Calesa to tour you in Vigan's tourist attractions and sightseeing. Then the next day you can go to bus terminal buy ticket at Partas Bus going to Laoag City. In Laoag, you can stay here for 2 nights, hire a jeep or van to tour you in Batac, Paoay, Laoag City and Fort Ilocandia also in Sarrat. Then you can hire tricycle or jeep going to Pagudpud so that you can drop by at BAngui Wind Mills and Bojeador Lighthouse.Overnight in Pagudpud is just enough if you are not a beach lover.
    From Pagudpud you can take a bus going to Laoag City

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines