Vigan Travel Answers

change location
Lourdesgm's Profile Photo

laoag-vigan-pagudpud tour

by Lourdesgm Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Please suggest what are the places we must see first, we will be arriving in laoag airport at 3pm april 30 and we will be leaving May 2, at 1pm. We want to see vigan and pagudpud and have short tour in laoag. We are only 3 . Please help us to have our itenerary. Thank you

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: laoag-vigan-pagudpud tour

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM

When it comes to Ilocos, there are so many beautiful/interesting places to see, but always so little time. There are many options to maximize your time. I suggest that upon arrival at the airport, proceed to Vigan. Hire a vehicle for speedy travel. Do a late afternoon walking tour of the beautiful centuries-old church and plazas. Mingle with the locals and eat as much Vigan empanadas as you can at the plaza. If you have time, explore the market and buy some bagnet. Choose a hotel in Calle Crisologo and sample Ilocano cuisine in any of the restaurants. Start early the following day to see Bantay church and belfry, then proceed to Baluarte. Depending on your interest in Vigan's home industry, you can have a quick look at the "burnayan" or weaving site. Have an early lunch (or brunch if you didn't have time for breakfast), then proceed to Pagudpud. You can stop by Bangui Windmills and Cape Bojeador on the way to Pagudpud. This is easy to do if you hire a vehicle, but could be challenging if you commute. You can skip these places if you want to have more time in Pagudpud. I suggest you stay at Saud Beach area. If weather and time permits, you still have time for swimming. Wake up early to witness an awesome sunset view at the horizon, then have an early morning dip. Or, after a quick breakfast, then hire a tricycle to see the Blue Lagoon. Leave Pagudpud early enough to have a quick look at the sinking Bellfry of St. William's Cathedral and scoot to the airport to catch your return flight.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • heydelin's Profile Photo

by heydelin Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Me and my friend did a one-day tour around Laoag and Pagudpud last year. Since it's a one day tour, we headed straight to Pagudpud and then went to Kapurpurawan and Windmills the day after. We didn't have enough time to visit other places like Vigan, Baluarte, Paoay. But I am sure given your time you can have a visit to this awesome places. I have written my itinerary and breakdown of my expenses on my blog: heydelin.wordpress.com/2012/...

Hope it helps!

Haydee

Be the first to rate this answer!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Good advice by Cyndmyc but i would add Crisologo Museum and possibly the Hidden Garden. It is wonderful to spend a few hours hanging around the main square and the old Spanish area, ride a calesa.
    Check my tips out for some more ideas in Vigan.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM

heydelin is right, Kapurpurawan Rock Formation is also a beautiful sight.. What you can do is browse the VY travel pages on Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud, Bangui and Burgos and Ilocos Norte. See which places you'd like to see, which places you can skip, considering your time constraint for this travel.

• Lourdesgm's Profile Photo

by Lourdesgm Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Thank you for the information. This will guide us in our incoming tour in ilocos.

• archivalganessa's Profile Photo

by archivalganessa Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Hi Lourdes,

I've been to the Ilocos region last year and had a 2-day exploration with a friend Pagudpud-Laoag-Vigan.

It would be a long story if I write all the things I have to say. But I listed on my blog all the places I visited there, affordable stays, must-trys and tips on my blog.

Please see below:
    ganaexplore.blogspot.com/201...
    ganaexplore.blogspot.com/201...

Hope it helps!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines