Vietnam Travel Answers

change location
charodei's Profile Photo

Da Nang to HCMC in 8 days, is it possible?

by charodei Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Greetings, fellow travelers… :)
My friend and I are going to Vietnam for about 8-9 days.
We will start from Da Nang and will end the trip in HCMC (to be returned to Jakarta).
We plan to stop at the below places along the way from Da Nang to HCMC?
We don't plant to spend much time in HCMC as we've been there twice before.
We may plan to go up to Quang Binh province (Ke Bang nat. park) to see Phong Nha cave, is it worth going? As we will be arrived in Da Nang in the afternoon around 4PM, is it possible to catch up the bus to Quang Binh /Phong Nha?

Basically, here’s our itineraries:

Day 1: Da Nang – Quang Binh or Hue
Day 2: explore Quang Binh/Hue
Day 3: from Quang Binh/Hue to Hoi An/Na Trang
Day 4: Explore Hoi An/Na Trang
Day 5: Explore Da Lat
Day 6: Da Lat – Mui Ne
Day 7: explore Mui Ne
Day 8: Mui Ne – to HCMC
Day 9: HCMC - home

Any thought, please?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Da Nang to HCMC in 8 days, is it possible?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I guess it is possible but i cannot comment on Quang Binh as i have never been there. I suggest you get out of Danang straight away as there are more worthwhile places to visit IMO. If you got to see Hue and you are on a whirlwind tour it will only be necessary to stay one night. Hoi_-An is a must and you leave Hue early morning you can check the town out and spend the next day at the beach or MARBLE Mountain. Nha Trang is also a great place to spend two days, some great island hopping , usually with a delicious seafood buffet at a very cheap rate. Again one night in Dalat, don't forget to eat the delicious veggie food at the market. And that gives you time to reach Mui Ne and it will take you 5 hrs to return to HCMC to catch your flight home.
    By my reckoning that is the 8 days taken care of, hope it is helpful to you!

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • martensd's Profile Photo

by martensd Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Seems to busy to me.

I assume you are traveling by bus/train. Not sure how you are planning on being in both Hoi An and Nha Trang at the same time since they are pretty far apart. (days 3/4)

Also seems like you plan to spend more time in Mui Ne than in Nha Trang which in personally you will find Nha Trang had much more to seen and do than Mui Ne.

You will also miss the delta which is a great side trip.

I really do not advocate trying to see to much in too little time. You end up spending all your vacation getting from one place to another and never experience the places you went to see. Especially when traveling in VN by train or bus....very slow.

I suggest reviewing the many excellent tips, travel pages and forums on Vietnam and decide what you really.....really want to see and do.

Photos of Nha Trang

Cheers

David M

1 member found this helpful

• charodei's Profile Photo

by charodei Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Thank you all for the replies... Really appreciate it! :)

Much thanks for the alternative itinerary, Smiley2701.
    It’s very helpful, thank you. :)
    I will talk to my friend about the re-arrange our schedule.
    Anyway, we have crossed Phong Nha from our list this time. But we save it for the next trip to Vietnam! :)

Thanks again, everyone! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Re: Da Nang to HCMC in 8 days, is it possible?

by larsay Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Forget it : Going to Dalat just to "explore the town" is not worth the trip considering all the beautiful things to see around( without counting all there is to see in the town itself).

Explore Hoi An/Nha Trang in one day ? And going to Phong Nga ??? Did you look at a map ??? And Hue in one day ? You need one day just to see the mausoleums ! You have to know that, here, the average speed is 35 km/h, trains included, so just look at a map, and make your calculations !

So, the solution is simple : you forget the towns or you forget the beaches. Between you and me, flying 12 000 km to stay on beaches .... If you insist, there are 2 beautiful beaches in Hoi An

• Re: Da Nang to HCMC in 8 days, is it possible?

by thuhangquangbinh Online Now Apr 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Welcome you to Quang Binh Province. I think you should take 01 day to visit Phong Nha cave and Paradise cave in Quang Binh province. Please see the detailed trip as below:

PHONG NHA CAVE- PARADISE CAVE - NUOC MOOC ECO TRAIL

(01 DAY) Detailed Itinerary : 08:00 am: Guide and driver pick you up at hotel, 08h30: start going to Phong Nha cave to discover the magical and spectacular Phong Nha which many scientists around the world are interested in the research. Get into the boat, go up Son river to visit the Phong Nha (Inside cave, Outside cave, Repulse cave, Imperial Cave, Bi Ki Cave.) 11:30 : Have a lunch at Phong Nha Restautant 13:30: Continue the journey to visit The Paradise cave - Ecological tourist area, getting golf cart deep into the forest under the cool shade of a tree-lined because you are in the Phong Nha Ke Bang World Natural Heritage. Then continue the journey with 500 steps to enter into the cave. You begin the journey to explore magic Paradise Cave with the diversified imagination rock systems like the maquette, the Buddhas

16h00: Go to the park core zone to see jungle, visit Nuoc Mooc eco-trail

17h00: Back to Dong Hoi. End of the tour. See you again

Hope to see you in Quang Binh. Email: quangbinh@dulichxanh.com.vn; thuhangdppr@gmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Vietnam Travel Answer Locations