Vietnam Travel Answers

change location
1jabbar's Profile Photo

Visa on Arrival

by 1jabbar Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I am (Canadian) visiting Vietnam for 3 days this July. From what I have gathered online..I am able to get a visa at Vietnam customs (on entry) if I have a "pre-approved letter", obtained prior to arriving at Vietnam. This letter cost about $17.00 US. Does anyone know if there are other charges at the entry point (Saigoin airport)?Thanks.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • explore_discover's Profile Photo

Re: Visa on Arrival

by explore_discover Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

beside the Letter of Approval Fee you will have to pay the Visa Fee at the immigration counter when the stamp your passport it was USD25 but I thing now its increased to USD50 or so

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Visa on Arrival

by Mog11y Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Hi, the stamping fee charge now is $45 usd (from 01.01.2013) and exact amount is needed as no change is given. VOA only available at Hanoi & HCMC and possibly Danang. I have only used the first 2. You must also fill in another form visavietnam.gov.vn/form-on-a... and supply a current passport sized photo. Look for the small office and go there before getting luggage & passing immigration. If you use a local vietnamese travel agent you may be able to get the pre approval letter for a lower cost. I always use Hai Yen from Hai Yen Travel in Hanoi or HY Travel (via email haiyentravel@hn.vnn.vn) - even cheaper if you book tours with her - google it if you are interested. Have already organised all of this for May this year.

2 members found this helpful

by Mog11y Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

PS Why only 3 days?... a lot of effort and cost and 3 days is not nearly enough time to see anything - Vietnam has so much to offer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM

http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/

Yes , visa costs increased on the first of January. Check the site out for all the information

1 member found this helpful

• 1jabbar's Profile Photo

by 1jabbar Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Me going to Saigon for three days...I'm actually not flying from canada for three days (moglly)I'll be flying from Kuala Lumpur, My.
    I will probably wait till I get to Asia before getting the visa. Thanks for all the answers..lots of good tips.

• 1jabbar's Profile Photo

by 1jabbar Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Thanks everyone.

• NitNoy's Profile Photo

by NitNoy Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

"Look for the small office and go there before getting luggage & passing immigration."

You have no choice but to stop at the office to obtain your Visa. Otherwise you won't be allowed to pass immigration to even pick up your luggage.

• FrancescoTager's Profile Photo

by FrancescoTager Online Now May 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM

It should be asked for a travel agency to make your letter of Invitation for visa on arrival.It is cheaper than other, I have booked through them at USD 8/letter and they just require you some necessary information as :
    - Full name as passport:
    - Date of birth:
    - Sex:
    - Nationality:
    - Pass port No.
    - Valid of passport
    - Date and Time arrival Vietnam
    - Flight information
    The stamped fee is USD 45/person for Single visa.
    Feel free to contact to me if you need more information. Cheer!

by Krewski75 Online Now May 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

you should order vietnam visa approval letter online with travel agent in Vietnam or contact to Vietnam embassy at your location. This process is USD 15 - 20 per person. when you arrive in Vietnam, you will shod this approval letter and hand in USD 45 per person for vietnam visa stamp.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Vietnam Travel Answer Locations