change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tituf's Profile Photo

hiking in national park tosco emiliano

Reggio Emilia 3 hours ago

My friend and I will be in tuscany in september and are thinking about visiting the Parco Nazionale dell'appennino tosco-emiliano for a couple of days. In which of the villages/cities would it be best for us to situate ourselves in order to be able to take some hiking routes in the park?

more
    • Aquapark or Molfetta

Bari Yesterday

I will be with the family in Bari, for 2 days in August. We will explore the small towns south of Bari afterwards. I am expecting my young teenagers to get fed up with looking around towns. Does anyone have an opinion about the Aquapark in Bari? Or the theme park in Molfetta? We just want a break from old buildings!

more
    • Best driving route from Chiusi to Pienza area

Italy Yesterday

Picking up a rental car in Chiusi and was wondering if anyone has driven from there to Pienza area, didn't want to start
      out in the dark for the first time driving. I see two posible ways on the map, but not sure of the terrain. thanks

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Best beach

Rapallo Jul 11, 2014 at 2:58 AM

What would you say is the nicest beach in Rapallo? There is a small beach next to us at the old Castello, very small.
      Thanks...

more
    • buses from lecce

Lecce Jul 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM

is there a bus from lecce to serrano, and if so how often?

more
    • Asti or Alba

Asti Jun 29, 2014 at 7:46 AM

For a day trip from Fossano by car.........Alba or Asti?? Any hints on nice short stops along the way?

more
    • The Search for the Multi-ethnic Section of Bari.

Bari Jun 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Where should I go to observe the most concentrated multi-ethnic section of Bari and where may I find cloth and post cards with a multi-ethnic flair in Bari?

more
    • FunLovinTourist's Profile Photo

Ferry options from Salerno to Positano

Campania Jun 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Hello everyone. I'm going to be arriving in Salerno via cruise ship (Royal Caribbean - Serenade of the Seas) on 4 September. My plan is to take a ferry, first thing in the morning, from Salerno to Positano.  (And then after spending some time in Positano, take the SITA bus to Amalfi, and then finally a ferry from Amalfi back to Salerno.)  I would like to get to Positano as early in the morning as possible to maximize my sightseeing time.  I expect to be able to disembark from the cruise ship at 7 in the morning or shortly thereafter.

From what I've read online, there are a several options for the ferry from Salerno to Positano:

1. Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea (I believe these are the same thing), and this ferry departs regularly from the pier nearest Piazza della Concordia, but the earliest departure is 8:40 in the morning. I've read that a shuttle bus is available from the cruise ship to Piazza della Concordia.  This trip is advertised as 70 minutes.
      2. Alicost, which departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only at 8:40 in the morning (I wonder if this is a commuter ferry?)  I don't know how long this trip takes.
      3. NLG, which also departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only only at 8:20 in the morning, and is apparently a high speed ferry that takes 50 minutes.

Here are my questions that I hope can be answered:

1. Is Molo Manfredi easier to get to than taking a shuttle bus from the ship to Piazza della Concordia?  I don't know exactly where the cruise ship will dock, and from what I've read online, the Salerno port is quite large.
      2. I'd like to be able to enjoy the ferry trip, and hopefully enjoy the view of the coast from the ferry.  It looks like the Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferries allow for enjoying the view with outside seating.  Does the NLG ferry also have outside seating?  Is it an unpleasant journey because it is high-speed?  I'd love to take a few good photos of arriving in Positano.  It looks like a stunning view from the pictures I've seen online.  I can't wait to visit! smiley

Many thanks in advance for any insight and guidance that you can provide!  Ciao!

more
    • Taxi at night, Arena Fiera Rho -> Milan, price

Milan Jun 20, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Hello! I might need to take a taxi from "Arena Fiera Rho" to Milan (the center) around midnight, on a weekday (I will attend a concert at the Arena). Could somebody help with the following questions, please: 1) Approximatelly how much would the taxi ride cost? 2) Do taxis in Milan accept credit cards? 3) I have found several different phone numbers for taxis. Can you recommend the best phone numbers? Thanks in advance!

more
    • Help with Sardegna itinerary!

Sardegna Jun 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Hi everyone! I’m traveling to Sardegna with two girlfriends for about 10 days in early July. Unfourtunately, we wont be renting a car (I know it would be better if we could, but sadly none of us have our licenses!)
      We are taking a ferry from Genova to Porto Torres and heading straight over to Alghero (still haven’t decided whether to stay in a campsite or hostel). We’ll stay in Alghero for three nights, with day trips to La Pelosa, l’Asinara island and le Grotte del Nettuno. Then we’ll head over east, stopping one night in Santa Teresa de Gallura so that we can visit valle della luna (still not exactly sure how to get to the valle though, though I heard that from Capo Testa/Cala Spinosa you can walk). Next stop: Palau or Cannigione and a day boat/kayak trip of the islands Maddalena. On our way to Olbia/San Teodoro (not sure which of the two), maybe swing by Porto Cervo for a couple of hours just to see what it’s like. We then want to head in land for a day, maybe to Orgosolo or Mammaoiada...we were thinking of doing the Gorrupu trek but that might be too much, since we want to spend ½ days exploring the gulf of Orosei (we were thinking of kayaking instead of renting a boat…would it still be possble to see Cala Goloritze, Cala Mariolu, Cala Luna). Is it better to stay in Orosei or Arabtax (advantage there being we can then take the trenino verde/little green train south). FInal stop, Villasimius/Cagliari for 2 nights.

Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

more
    • Cam corder tape

Stresa Jun 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Where can I find tape to my Camcorder.
      Sony DV M60MB, 60 min

pw515600@gmail.com

thanks for help

more
    • Expo 2015 accomodations

Milano 22 hours ago

Need help trying to find hotels near the expo site. Any suggestions?
      Accessibility to expo entrance is the most important factor.

Thanks

more
    • bus from Foggia to San Giovanni

San Giovanni Rotondo Jul 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I can't find the web site for the bus service SITA that is mentioned. I would like to go from Foggia to San Giovanni on Tuesday, August 12, 2014. Where and how do I do this?

Thank you, Helen

more
    • Exploring The Como area by ferry

Lecco Jul 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Is the ferry system a good way to visit neighboring cities? And which ones are best?

more
    • staying in Lecco for the first week in August

Lecco Jul 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM

how is getting around to neighboring cities by the ferry system

more
    • Vespa rental

Verona Jul 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi I'm wanting to rent a vespa for a day when I'm in Verona next week. Does anybody have any advice on where to rent one from please? Many thanks

more
    • Castiglioncello as a day trip?

Castiglioncello Jul 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hello!

Would Castiglioncello be a good day from from Florence? If so, what sorts of activities would you recommend doing during the day?

I am a big fan of the water, would there be enough time to see the village and go snorkelling?

Thanks.

more
    • CPT8000's Profile Photo

very early Venice Hotel to Marco Polo airport transfer

Venice Jun 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Hi there. My daughter and I will be flying out of Venice at 6.35am to Cape Town via Amsterdam. What is the most convenient, affordable and safest mode of transport to get to Marco Polo airport at 5am? Any advice will be most welcome. Thank you!!

more
    • Castelsardom Sardegna (Sardinia)

Sardegna Jun 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Hello,
      I'm on vacation from 4th july to 15th.
      Can someone tell me which beaches are the most beautiful for swimming around Castelsardo, Sassari?
      Thanks ;)

more
    • TerenceG2's Profile Photo

Trapani (Old Town) to Segesta ruins by Public transport

Trapani Jun 26, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I am currently viewing the Tarantola bus schedule (I found online) for the route from Trapani to Segesta, however I am having trouble understanding this.

tarantolabus.com/wordpress/o...

Where in Trapani old town, can I catch the tarantola bus?
      Which stage should I stop for Segesta ruins please?
      And How much does the bus cost (one way or round trip)? because I can't find this data.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Terence

more
    • music ..concerts etc

Ravenna Jun 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Hi
      When travelling in Italy ..Ravenna .....Rome ..is there a web site or newspaper to look at to see what concerts are in town.....
      Thank you
      Loretta Lee

more
    • transporttion

Padova Jun 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM

cost of a private car from Padua to Verona?

more
    • Trapani AIrport SHuttle

Trapani Jun 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Can you please tell me if there is an airport shuttle to take me VIA SALEMI, 88 - 91100 TRAPANI or maybe there is a bus to stop me close to the hotel?

Thanks

Charmaine

more
    • janetlewis5122@sbcglobal.net

Venice Jun 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM

How far from the port of Venice is Hotel Bella Venezia

more
    • TRANSPORT

Trapani Jun 21, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I LKE TO NOW WHAT WAY ITS POSSIBLE TO GO FROM TRAPANI AIRPORT TO TRAPONI CENTER MY FLIGHT ARIVAL IS AT 22 30 WE ARE GOING TO BE 7 PERSONS

more
    • travelling puglia

by rozusa Online Now Jun 29, 2011 at 12:57 PM

thinking of starting at vieste, then heading to castel del morite, alberobello, matera, ostuni, and lecce. How many days would I need and are there private taxis to take you there? Any suggestions. I am a 68 year old female travelling alone and do not speak the language. If I rent a car do the GPS's work well? Thanks for you help.
      Roz

1 Answer Jun 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM