Vieques

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 months in Vieques

Vieques Apr 16, 2014 at 7:53 PM

We are hoping to spend January-March in Vieques. How do we find a three month rental?

more
    • MStars's Profile Photo

Mosquito Bay - worth visiting in June?

Vieques Apr 5, 2014 at 6:47 PM

We are planning to visit PR for a week, and want to visit either Vieques or Culebra for a couple of days. I heard on other sites that perhaps the bay is not glowing and no one knows why.

That said, if the main attraction in Vieques may not be visible in June, is Vieques still worth visiting or should we go to quieter Culebra instead?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

more

Popular Vieques Travel Answer Locations

• 3 months in Vieques

Vieques Apr 16, 2014 at 7:53 PM

We are hoping to spend January-March in Vieques. How do we find a three month rental?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • MStars's Profile Photo

Mosquito Bay - worth visiting in June?

Vieques Apr 5, 2014 at 6:47 PM

We are planning to visit PR for a week, and want to visit either Vieques or Culebra for a couple of days. I heard on other sites that perhaps the bay is not glowing and no one knows why.

That said, if the main attraction in Vieques may not be visible in June, is Vieques still worth visiting or should we go to quieter Culebra instead?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 6:16 AM
    • Safe and Sound?

Isla de Vieques Feb 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

My girlfriend and I booked passage to Vieques after visiting Culebra and wanting to go see for ourselves the bio bay and wild life preserve. We are now finding out there is a growing crime element on the island and becoming worried about how safe our stay will be. We are staying for at least a week and we are curious, how can we best avoid getting into trouble and simply enjoy each others company while experiencing as much solidarity as we possible?

• Skinny dipping

Isla de Vieques Jun 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

What is the safest and best beaches for skinny dipping? Thank you, jon

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • Best beaches to skinnydip?

Isla de Vieques Jun 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

leaving for Vieques Tuesday. With all the beaches, which is the safest for skinny dipping?

• Help/advice about moving to Vieques

Vieques Mar 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hello,
      I am planning to move to Vieques within the next 2 weeks or so. I am looking for advice &/or guidance on getting established. I am moving there alone and live a simple life. I don't mind living like a local in fact it is what I want. I will be needing everything from work to housing. I am 45 years old, newly divorced after 25 years of marriage and am basically starting over. I have been a professional musician/audio engineer for well over 20 years. I can entertain with guitar and voice for 3-4 hours a night, with no problem. I can also stage manage/book bands/run sound and take care of all aspects of live concert performances.
      My other abilities are as follows: PADI certified Rescue Diver (have been diving all my life) licensed private pilot, electronics/computer tech., CPR/first aid current, skilled mechanic & carpenter and much more. I am great with people and in great physical shape so a kayak/outdoor guide would also be a possibility. I am also great with kids, have raised 4 of my own into adulthood. Since my ex basically took everything, I am coming without much cushion, so immediate work is a necessity.
      I am learning Spanish and can have basic conversations, but not much more yet. I am a fast learner, so that will change.
      I appreciate any help offered and hope someone who has been in my position can offer some guidance to get established on Vieques. I plan on making it my home for a very long time.
      Thank You in advance,
      Steve

• Vieques in May and June without Air Conditioning???

Vieques Apr 29, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Hi Im wondering how humid it gets in Vieques in May and June

Can you fall asleep with a few fans on? does the temperatures cool down at night?

Do you think jumping in the pool before going to bed will be enough to cool me down?

the owner of the place we are renting says it gets hot but they get trade winds because its on a hill..

Also, What are some ways to stay cool without air conditioning

1 Answer May 10, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    • isla vieques

Isla de Vieques Apr 13, 2010 at 6:19 AM

has anyone a recommendation for an inexpensive place to stay on the beach? we plan on visiting in june. thanks, DC

• ldbsr7's Profile Photo

organic/natural meats

Vieques Feb 10, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Does anyone know if I can buy organic or natural meat and chicken in Vieques or for that matter the Main Island?

1 Answer May 10, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    • ldbsr7's Profile Photo

Is ther anybody out there?

Vieques Feb 6, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Does anyone really visit this site the most recent questions seems to bo 2 years old?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    • Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo

Have you been to Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico

Isla de Vieques Aug 31, 2008 at 12:44 PM

If you have, how did you like it. Which hotel did you stay at? Did you rent a scooter or car? Can we use a bicycle for most of our travels on the island?

Tell me everything?????

Thanks you,

Glen

2 Answers Sep 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM
    • questions about Puerto Rico bound

Isla de Vieques Jan 24, 2008 at 8:27 AM

I will soon travel to Vajardo and am wondering where is the best place to find local art and crafts to bring home. I know there is a ferry traveling to both Culebra and Viques but am wondering if these are the best islands to travel to buy these crafts. I really would like to experience these local customs while in town. I will be there oonly four days in February.

1 Answer Feb 21, 2008 at 12:30 AM
    • Sunset sails and massage therapists?

Vieques Apr 21, 2007 at 7:18 PM

This is a two part question. Are there any sailboats that do sunset sails on Vieques? Also, can anyone recommend a massage therapist or spa on the island?
      Thank you!

1 Answer Jul 6, 2007 at 7:40 AM
    • May weather?

Vieques Apr 21, 2007 at 10:29 AM

I have read that May is one of the rainiest months on Vieques but does that mean there is no sunshine or that the sun shines between showers. We usually travel to the caribbean in May but obviously we want to have decent weather when we visit Vieques. Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 6, 2007 at 7:43 AM
    • traveling with 9...how best to get to vieques

Vieques Apr 16, 2007 at 2:31 PM

All 9 of us will be arriving in San Juan after a long day of traveling. Are there any recommendations (relatively inexpensive) for traveling from San Juan to Vieques? Some airlines can't take all of us, and I've heard so many different stories about the fares and travel time to get from San Juan to Fajardo that I'm not sure what to expect on that route.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Answer Apr 18, 2007 at 7:06 PM
    • mj9462's Profile Photo

Place to stay in Esperanza

Vieques Feb 2, 2006 at 5:16 PM

I am looking to rent an apartment/studio in Esperanza for mid-March. I looked into a rental called Abella CasaMia that has a studio apartment upstairs and a 3-bedroom house downstairs. Has anyone ever stayed here or know anything about it?

OR if anyone has any suggestions on a place that fits the description of what I am looking for:
      A place w/ a kitchen to sleep two people for 4 nights
      Preferably in Esperanza
      No more than95/per night

Thanks for you help!!!
      mj

• Bobist's Profile Photo

Camping on Vieques?

Vieques Nov 6, 2005 at 11:45 AM

In 1987 we spent a week at a fairly primitive state park campground on Vieques. It was about a half a mile south of Esperanza. I think it was on Sun Bay.
      Does anyone know if it is still there?
      Thanks in advance.
      Bobist

• cars to vieques

Isla de Vieques Jul 27, 2005 at 9:27 AM

I'm traveling to San Juan in Sept of 05,a cruise and then a week on Vieques.
      I'll need a car while in San Juan and one on Vieques so my question is should I rent on at both places or simply drive to Fajardo and ferry one to Vieques and back? Looking for advice and remember "I ain't no rocket scientist" LOL...
      Thanks for any help,
      Robert

1 Answer Sep 3, 2005 at 6:24 PM
    • advgal's Profile Photo

Is it advisable to buy air to Vieques prior to arriving in San Juan?

Vieques Jun 7, 2005 at 11:39 AM

Vieques Air Link does not seem to be contactable via phone or online reservation, can anyone tell me if its ok to get into San Juan and buy the ticket then or are reservations ahead better?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2006 at 11:50 AM
    • rainwolfegirl's Profile Photo

Vieques Honeymoon in Mid November???

Isla de Vieques Jan 17, 2005 at 6:57 PM

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married Nov. 12th and are hoping to go to Vieques for our honeymoon! We were bummed out to learn that November is hurricane season. Is the weather there really bad mid november, and would we get any time in the sun? Thanks a bunch! ~Jill

4 Answers Jul 29, 2006 at 11:58 AM
    • San Juan to Vieques

Vieques Dec 20, 2004 at 12:23 PM

Hi...my husband will be staying in San Juan mid-January. We want to visit the Bio Bay in Vieques, but don't want to stay the night in Vieques. From what I can tell, the last ferry/flight out of Vieques back to Fajardo or San Juan is around 5pm, which means we wouldn't get to see the bay at night time. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting from Vieques back to San Juan later at night? After dark? Thanks!! We desparately want to see the bio bay!!

5 Answers Dec 24, 2004 at 7:33 AM
    • LAND AND FERRY FROM SAN JUAN TO VIEQUES PR

Isla de Vieques Oct 24, 2004 at 9:52 AM

I RETURNED FROM VIEQUES ON OCT 12TH. IT WAS MY FIRST TRIP TO THE ISLAND AND I PLAN TO RETURN IN DEC. I USED VAL AIR FOR MY RT TRANSPORTATION. THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE TAXI OR VAN FROM SJU TO FAHARDO AND THE FERRY TO VIEQUES. HAS ANYONE USED THAT TRANSPORTATION, AND DO YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT IT. SUCH AS TOTAL TIME INVOLVED-COST -COMFORT ETC. THANKS JACK

4 Answers Jun 12, 2005 at 6:42 PM
    • No Car In Vieques

Vieques Oct 7, 2004 at 8:42 PM

I don't seem to be able to rent a car while I am in Vieques. Should I not go?

3 Answers Jun 12, 2005 at 6:35 PM
    • late night transportation from vieques to mainland

Vieques Jul 15, 2003 at 2:49 PM

Is it possible? I would really love to see the biobay @ night and return to the mainland about 1030 pm. I am staying in San Juan for only 3 days, 3 nights and have already booked my hotel there. I have heard about the biobay before but did not realize it was in Puerto Rico. Has been something I have always wanted to experience. Any info you can give about returning to the mainland late evening so I can experience the biobay in its full glory would be greatly appreciated! thanks, michelle

2 Answers Jul 22, 2003 at 10:59 AM