Vieques Travel Answers

change location

Help/advice about moving to Vieques

by Mixwizard Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hello,
I am planning to move to Vieques within the next 2 weeks or so. I am looking for advice &/or guidance on getting established. I am moving there alone and live a simple life. I don't mind living like a local in fact it is what I want. I will be needing everything from work to housing. I am 45 years old, newly divorced after 25 years of marriage and am basically starting over. I have been a professional musician/audio engineer for well over 20 years. I can entertain with guitar and voice for 3-4 hours a night, with no problem. I can also stage manage/book bands/run sound and take care of all aspects of live concert performances.
My other abilities are as follows: PADI certified Rescue Diver (have been diving all my life) licensed private pilot, electronics/computer tech., CPR/first aid current, skilled mechanic & carpenter and much more. I am great with people and in great physical shape so a kayak/outdoor guide would also be a possibility. I am also great with kids, have raised 4 of my own into adulthood. Since my ex basically took everything, I am coming without much cushion, so immediate work is a necessity.
I am learning Spanish and can have basic conversations, but not much more yet. I am a fast learner, so that will change.
I appreciate any help offered and hope someone who has been in my position can offer some guidance to get established on Vieques. I plan on making it my home for a very long time.
Thank You in advance,
Steve

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Vieques Travel Answer Locations