Vieques Travel Answers

change location

late night transportation from vieques to mainland

by msmichelle Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 2:49 PM

Is it possible? I would really love to see the biobay @ night and return to the mainland about 1030 pm. I am staying in San Juan for only 3 days, 3 nights and have already booked my hotel there. I have heard about the biobay before but did not realize it was in Puerto Rico. Has been something I have always wanted to experience. Any info you can give about returning to the mainland late evening so I can experience the biobay in its full glory would be greatly appreciated! thanks, michelle

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AcEPhReAk's Profile Photo

Re: late night transportation from vieques to mainland

by AcEPhReAk Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 11:11 PM

You can check out elenas-vieques.com/ferry.htm... . That website has all the info you need to know about the ferry transportation here in PR. There are no late night ferries, but you can try a plane. Plane tickets are about20.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CLillard's Profile Photo

There are 3 biobays in Puerto Rico

by CLillard Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 10:59 AM

I didn't know how to get all the way to Vieques in a short amt of time without staying the weekend there. So instead last weekend I did the biobay tour near Fajardo (Las Croabas Lagoon). My hotel arranged the tour bus to pick me up at the hotel in San Juan and drive me to Fajardo. From there we met the rest of the group and went kayaking into the bay where the bioluminescence is. There are 3 Bioluminescent Bays of Puerto Rico. Brilliance is measured by plankton population: • Mosquito Bay in Vieques has 750,000 plankton per gallon • Las Croabas Lagoon in Fajardo has 500,000 plankton per gallon • La Parguera near Guanica has less than 300,000 per gallon I thought it was wonderful and was very bright. It was amazing. We used Castillo Tours through the Ritz Carlton hotel. 787-728-2297 reservations@castillotours.com70 including transportation from my hotel to Fajardo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Vieques Travel Answer Locations