change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4.5 hours in transit

by edsydney Online Now May 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Hi Vienna,

We'll (wife and myself) have 4.5 hours in transit (arrive 7am) is it possible and/or worth leaving the airport for a quick city overview ??

Ed

more
    • transportation from and to Vienna train station

by cruisedancer Online Now May 24, 2015 at 7:42 AM

We will be arriving at the Vienna train station on Sept. 7 and leaving from there on Sept. 11.
      We are staying at the Austria Classic hotel. What is the easiest way to do this? We don't want to take the subway if it is difficult or we need to change subways. Are taxis okay?

Jean

more
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

by lanef Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 5:18 AM

How much roughly would a taxi cost from Vienna international airport to Royal Hotel Singerstrasse 3

Vienna. Thanks

more
    • KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Transportation from Salzburg to Vienna Int'l airport

by KaterinaJordan Online Now May 11, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Hi all,

We intend to travel by train from Salzburg to Vienna int'l airport on 11th Oct.2015 to catch our flight on 11:30AM. I believe trains departing aroung 6AM are ok. I checked the official site of Austrian trains but I see many connections (1-3)which are confusing me. An alternative is to travel either by plane (75 Euro) or to depart from Munich airport (and not from Vienna).

more

Near Vienna

• transportation from and to Vienna train station

by cruisedancer Online Now May 24, 2015 at 7:42 AM

We will be arriving at the Vienna train station on Sept. 7 and leaving from there on Sept. 11.
      We are staying at the Austria Classic hotel. What is the easiest way to do this? We don't want to take the subway if it is difficult or we need to change subways. Are taxis okay?

Jean

2 Answers Yesterday
    • 4.5 hours in transit

by edsydney Online Now May 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Hi Vienna,

We'll (wife and myself) have 4.5 hours in transit (arrive 7am) is it possible and/or worth leaving the airport for a quick city overview ??

Ed

1 Answer May 17, 2015 at 12:59 AM
    • KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Transportation from Salzburg to Vienna Int'l airport

by KaterinaJordan Online Now May 11, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Hi all,

We intend to travel by train from Salzburg to Vienna int'l airport on 11th Oct.2015 to catch our flight on 11:30AM. I believe trains departing aroung 6AM are ok. I checked the official site of Austrian trains but I see many connections (1-3)which are confusing me. An alternative is to travel either by plane (75 Euro) or to depart from Munich airport (and not from Vienna).

4 Answers May 12, 2015 at 2:39 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

by lanef Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 5:18 AM

How much roughly would a taxi cost from Vienna international airport to Royal Hotel Singerstrasse 3

Vienna. Thanks

3 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 3:53 AM
    • Vienna Woods

by wanderlustig Online Now Apr 22, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Is there an easy way to get to the Vienna a Woods from central Vienna in May? We won't have a car and want to do a self-guided tour. Thank you for any recommendations you can provide.

3 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 8:25 PM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Directions from Westbahnoff

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Apr 8, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Can I take public transport from the Westbahnoff Station to the Vienna street Hergergasse which is right off of the Fergasse. If so what transit lines do I take. This is to a private business on 19 Hergergasse and I would prefer not taking a cab. Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 12:54 AM
    • Places to go in Vienna

by Tonianne Online Now Mar 18, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Hi,
      My partner and I are going to Vienna for a long weekend and wondering what not to miss? We love sight seeing, good food and drink, activities and landscapes.
      We're only going for 3 nights so want to choose our trips/activities carefully.
      Any suggestions from those of you who have been?
      Thanks

6 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    • charlenepaige's Profile Photo

Trolley Tips from Vienna's Old Town to Vienna Woods

by charlenepaige Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Hi, my husband and I would like to take the Trolley from our hotel, grab something to eat at an open air market, head to the Vienna Woods area to walk, then back to the hotel later that afternoon. I would love some tips from someone who has done this excursion. We want to go on our own and not with a tour. Thanks for any tips and advice.

7 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    • trains from budapest to/from vienna

by woodridge Online Now Feb 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM

I'll be traveling from budapest to vienna and then return during the first week of March 2015. Are these trains now stopping at Hauptbanhoff or at Westbanhoff, or both?

5 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM
    • Boys' Choir

by CathyB48 Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 4:32 PM

My friend and I from the US will be in Vienna for just a few days in early May. We would like to hear the Boys' Choir and notice they will be singing Mass on the Sunday we are there. We see two different sites with information about tickets. One says we cannot buy ahead with a credit card, the other offers tickets but at one price only and pick up must be on week days when we arrive Saturday or deliver to hotel and we are not staying at a hotel. We also understand you can go the morning of for standing room. Should we just do that, and is it easy to get a space? Or have others had experience purchasing tickets online with success, and if so, what site? Any advice will be appreciated. CathyB48

3 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 2:31 AM
    • Vienna in august

by haridy Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Hello there, Iam travelling to vienna at the last week of august and i am concerned about the crowds, would it be so crowdy at this time?

6 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 5:52 AM
    • Is this a good area to stay for 7 nights?

by lisselleC Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 2:55 PM

We are looking to rent an apartment located at Schönbrunnerstraße 28 Top 7, 1050 - is this a good/safe area?

3 Answers Feb 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Finding authentic Austrian folk music and dancing--or even Zither music?

by lvoss Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 5:39 PM

How do I find restaurants or Heurige that feature authentic Austrian folk music and dancing--or even Zither music? If possible, I am particularly interested in places that aren't too "touristy"--possibly on the outskirts of the city in Heurige?

2 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Dancing lessons in Vienna?

by lvoss Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Are there places in Vienna that teach the waltz and the polka in just one or two lessons?

2 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

BEST AREA OF VIENNA ?

by Homanded Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Best area of Vienna to spend 3 nights in.
      Am looking for a central area of Vienna with ease of public transportation and within walking distance to restaurants, history and sights.
      Coming beginning of July for 3 nights.

Thanks in advance,
      Homer (and Ed)

4 Answers Dec 29, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    • March 2015

by GabrielC5 Online Now Dec 26, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I am booking a stay in Vienna in the first week of March 2015, and notice most of the hotels are fully booked or have higher prices during 4 to 7 March. What will be happening in Vienna during this period (4-7 March 2015) ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 26, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • bivizzz's Profile Photo

Music Instruments Stores

by bivizzz Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Hello,

I'm visiting Vienna for Dec 26-30 and will need to buy a violin case there. Could you please suggest any music instruments store with the variety of choice which will work for those days?

Thanks

1 Answer Dec 24, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    • Day trips from Vienna (not too far) where we can see snow?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Dec 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM

In case Salzburg option doesn't work out can you give me some ideas for day trips close to Vienna where there is snow and we can have nice views or try skiing probably? My son doesn't talk about anything else: snow and skiing!

Thanks very much

6 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • what to do in 3hrs

by Drghazi Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 10:26 PM

hi will reach airport at 1015 ,wait student bus to prague at 13:00pm,
      1-what can we do or c in 3hrs to go downtown by train
      2-where can we leave our luggage
      plz advis
      or something near airport to c

4 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Road travel

by o_henna Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi , we are a young couple taking a car journey from Vienna to Munich. The trip is for about 10 days. Please help me plan an itenery starting from Vienna, which too is new for me. Thank you. We like nature, quaint places, parties and glamour. Please give me suggestions as where all to visit and where to take halts. Thank you

4 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 1:48 AM
    • Vienna to Salzburg Trains

by Sunray-310 Online Now Dec 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, we are looking for a day trip from Vienna to Salzburg and was wondering which train to take. I have checked on the internet and found that OBB (http://www.oebb.at/) for a one way ticket to Salzburg is around 118 euro. Also there is one more train service called westbahn (https://westbahn.at/) but the fair is almost half the price.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the two train services ?

10 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • Will Vienna be 'deserted' on Christmas day and boxing day?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 3:41 AM

We will arrive on the evening of the 22nd of Dec and made an itinerary of visiting xmas markets and sightseeing. We know that this is a family holiday, will there be any restaurants and cafes open on xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day? Will there be anything to do during those days? We leave early on the 27th.

Thanks

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • what to see in and near Vienna in 3 days?

by drkedarp Online Now Dec 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Me and my wife are travelling to Vienna and have 3 days spare can anyone help me with the itinerary and suggest places to see and things to do in and around Vienna?

We are thinking about going to Prague and/or Budapest how feasible is it and also is it worth going?

12 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 4:22 AM
    • New Year's Eve in Vienna

by yenrabbit Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM

We are a group of three students / recent graduates in our early twenties, traveling through Europe over the coming months. We will be in Vienna for three nights over the New Year period (30th dec - 2nd jan), more by chance than design - although it does look like a fun place for it! We're all on a bit of a budget, so the many galas/concerts aren't really on the cards. The New Year's Eve Trail looks good, and it seems like the streets will be flooded with people and there will be fireworks etc.

My question is: where are the good places to drink and bring in the new year in the evening for a young group such as ours? And particularly after midnight - will we be fine just going to different bars/clubs or do we need to be looking into buying tickets for specific nye events?

Thank you for your replies.

2 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    • banuaka's Profile Photo

5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg

by banuaka Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Hi everybody!...
      For my Vienna&Salzburg trip (5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg) I would like to have some suggestions:
      1) For the accommodation, which part would be better?
      2) For the transportation which would be the most economical&beneficial way between daily/hourly cards, e.t.c.?
      From airport to the Centrum which way I should choose?..bus or metro?...
      3) For the museums; top 3 or 4?
      4) For the palaces I have a concern: Spring or summer time would be nice...but in winter time!? Does it still worth to visit!?..Unless you could not be able to sit at the gardens... only the interior side!?...
      5) Nontouristic, nice and good (and with reasonable prices) restaurant suggestions, with delicious food advises?
      6) Enjoyable, nice streets, and other worth to see places?
      and any other "must to do" or "do it you'd love it" suggestions would be appreciated.:)

Thank you very much...best wishes!...
      Banu

13 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

danube by boat

by agathi Online Now Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Do you know any way that old scenery with castles on rocks or old churches by the coast can be seen on a river ride in dunabe? I wouldn't like to see boring scenery. Any ideas?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

st Marx cemetary

by agathi Online Now Nov 20, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Dear friends can you pls tell me why the wiener linien system gives as a tram stop for the St Marx cemetary the "Wien Molitorgasse" stop which is a 10 min walk from the cemetary and not the "Litfassstrasse" which is the next stop and looks much closer?

3 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Assisi Church

by agathi Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Hallo my friends. Does anybody know the opening hours of the Assisi Church? Thank you very much.

29 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

S-bahn ticket

by agathi Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Dear friends I have read that a single ticket of 2.20 euros is valid for one journey within one zone. You can change as often as is necessary, but you may not travel on a circular route, go back to your starting point or cross a zone boundary (unless you pay for an additional zone).
      Also that an S-Bahn which costs €4,will get you from the airport to any metro, tram or bus station in Vienna, allowing you to change as often as you have to.
      Now, can you tell me pls:
      1. Do all the above mean that with the S-bahn ticket I can take the metro to our hotel as soon as we arrive to Wien Mitte station without having to buy a new ticket?
      2. If the answer to the above question is yes, pls do tell me if it is possible to use this ticket after we settle to our hotel in order to get to the city centre or not. I really can't understand when a journey is supposed to be single by allowing changes of lines and when it starts becoming invalid.
      Thanks for your help.

14 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

New target: Vienna

by agathi Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Hallo my friends. For those of you who have been helping me since now, I appologize for dragging you from one city to another, but actually we have decided a 4 day trip to Vienna for the late November. I have managed, by a quick first glimpse, to point out the top museums together with Mozart's house and of course the opera which, unfortunatelly, will be closed for touring the days of our visit. Regarding the fact that we are actually interested in the art of painting, sculpture, architecture and churches we would appreciate any suggestions. Of course in the city of music I have found two events in Mozart's house and it's always the opera but this is a bit more expensive if you want a good seat. What a pity because it plays Le Nozze di Figaro....Thanks to all of you.

24 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 1:27 AM