Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• anadyr's Profile Photo

Transfer from Vienna Meidling to Vienna Hauptbahnhof

by anadyr Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Hi,
      I will be traveling from Villach, Austria to Bratislava, Slovakia on 27 Sept. I must transfer at Meidling to the Haupbahnhof on the S-Bahn (S-60). I just want to confirm that the S-Bahn leaves from the same general area or will I be climbing up/down stairs to another level. Thanks for your help.
      Jeff

more
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Transportation to Hotel from Wein Meidling

by magicpam Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I am looking for the best way from Wein Meidling Station to my hotel, the Senator Hotel on
      Hernalser Hauptstraße 105 | A-1170 Vienna. I will be arriving at approximately 2:00 in the afternoon, 14:00 hours. Thank you.

more
    • transportations options

by Vienna_time Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hello everyone !
      I'm staying at a hotel in Mariahilfer street ...
      My question is what is the best way to get to grinzing from there???

more
    • tutndeb's Profile Photo

19 nights on the Danube

by tutndeb Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 5:56 PM

My wife and I will be vacationing for 19 nights on the Danube river, end of September to early October, arriving and leaving from Vienna. We will start with 4 nights in Vienna and finish with 2 nights in Vienna. We are planning on 3 or 4 nights in Budapest, 3 nights in Salzburg. Was thinking of 3 nights in Passau, as a base to do day trips to Linz, Regensburg. I am looking for more suggestions or better planning tips. Any feedback will be helpful.

P.S.
      We always try to find museums, classical music, club music, good food.

Thanks,
      Mark

more
    • pritj's Profile Photo

Vienna or Cesky Krumlov?

by pritj Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I ll stay 4 days and 5 nights in Vienna and 1 night in Cesky Krumlov.
      Would be worthwhile to reduce 1 night in Vienna and add it on Cesky?

more

Near Vienna

• anadyr's Profile Photo

Transfer from Vienna Meidling to Vienna Hauptbahnhof

by anadyr Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Hi,
      I will be traveling from Villach, Austria to Bratislava, Slovakia on 27 Sept. I must transfer at Meidling to the Haupbahnhof on the S-Bahn (S-60). I just want to confirm that the S-Bahn leaves from the same general area or will I be climbing up/down stairs to another level. Thanks for your help.
      Jeff

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Transportation to Hotel from Wein Meidling

by magicpam Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I am looking for the best way from Wein Meidling Station to my hotel, the Senator Hotel on
      Hernalser Hauptstraße 105 | A-1170 Vienna. I will be arriving at approximately 2:00 in the afternoon, 14:00 hours. Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    • tutndeb's Profile Photo

19 nights on the Danube

by tutndeb Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 5:56 PM

My wife and I will be vacationing for 19 nights on the Danube river, end of September to early October, arriving and leaving from Vienna. We will start with 4 nights in Vienna and finish with 2 nights in Vienna. We are planning on 3 or 4 nights in Budapest, 3 nights in Salzburg. Was thinking of 3 nights in Passau, as a base to do day trips to Linz, Regensburg. I am looking for more suggestions or better planning tips. Any feedback will be helpful.

P.S.
      We always try to find museums, classical music, club music, good food.

Thanks,
      Mark

6 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • pritj's Profile Photo

Vienna or Cesky Krumlov?

by pritj Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I ll stay 4 days and 5 nights in Vienna and 1 night in Cesky Krumlov.
      Would be worthwhile to reduce 1 night in Vienna and add it on Cesky?

6 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • transportations options

by Vienna_time Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hello everyone !
      I'm staying at a hotel in Mariahilfer street ...
      My question is what is the best way to get to grinzing from there???

5 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Cycling in Vienna

by myriam_c Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 2:11 AM

We will be in Vienna for four days mid August. On an Austrian website I found some themed cycling routes that sound interesting. Unfortunately none of them state the length of the routes and the degree of difficulty. I have raised the question through the contact form on the website, but no reply so far. Maybe some of the VT'ers know about these themed routes?
      Here's the website.
      wien.gv.at/verkehr/radfahren...

7 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 1:05 AM
    • AlleyB's Profile Photo

Private guide, Vienna to Salzburg and back

by AlleyB Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM

My wife and I are looking for a driver/guide to take us from Vienna to Salzburg. Any recommendations? Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM
    • Student discounts?

by Myrtonia Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM

If I am a student from a foreign country, do I still get student discounts in Vienna, if I show my national student identification card? It isn't international, however it also has English writing on it. Thanks all.

3 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • pritj's Profile Photo

Schonbrunn - Time

by pritj Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I am going to visit Schonbrunn, on september. How long is enough to visit the best places on foot? I ve already been to Versailles and it took a whole day , is it the same? I was reserving 5 hours to spend in Schonbrunn..

8 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • Looking for a place to stay

by Ersinn Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 6:41 AM

hi guys,

I am looking for a flat or hostel which is cheap I will be there between 21 - 27 June 2014
      Can you suggest someplace or idea to stay in Vienna.

Cheers :)

7 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • 1 day visit of Vienna

by MehradM Online Now May 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I am planning on going from Canada to Iran this summer and there is a 12 hours transit delay in Vienna. I do not have a Schengen visa so I was wondering if there is any way to go and visit Vienna for just 12 hours? I also have a friend there who is an Austrian citizen, does that help at all? I have heard that there are some tours at the airport which take you for daily tours in some Europe countries :/
      thanks

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    • Adivice for a good hotel

by EllaG10 Online Now May 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Hello,
      I have just bought 2 cheap tickets for Vienna on Flysky.ro and now i was searching for a good hotel near Karlplatz. Does anyone know? Can you also help me with some tips regarding what should I visit in Vienna?

3 Answers May 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • pattersondiane@yahoo.com

by Pattersondiane Online Now May 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Could a gentleman get away with nice dress slacks and shirt and sweater in place of coat jacket?

3 Answers May 10, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    • location of bus

by princess1931 Online Now May 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Anyone tell me where in V ienna I go to catch the number 365 to Mayerling? I will be staying at the Bellevue Hotel ner Franz Josef Bahnhof, so how do I get to the bus, ? Thank you, Kind regards

8 Answers May 6, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • Vienna Airport

by inristaka Online Now May 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Good evening!
      I will be staying at the airport for about 6 hours and I wanted to know if I could visit any part of the city during those 6 hours. I would like any suggestion but please include the explanation for the transport. I also heard you could stay at the terrace of the airport, does anyone have more information on that?
      Thanks in advance.

4 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    • Vienna concert/opera recommendation for June 6,7,8 2014

by indo_european Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I am planning to visit Vienna this year on June 6, 7 and 8. From browsing the previous posts I see the following are the famous venues:

www.musikverein.at

www.konzerthaus.at

www.volksoper.at

www.staatsoper.at

http://www.theater-wien.at/

However when I go their websites I have no clue which shows to book online. Can you please recommend which is the best concert/opera I can book on any one of these 3 dates (i am willing to spend to get the feel for the culture).

The choice should ideally have English sub titles if applicable - also I will not be carrying my suit, so some show that is great and does not mandate very strict dress code

Looking forward to replies I want to decide and book online as soon as possible so that the tickets are available.

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Halal Food for muslims

by asad6001 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM

are there any restaurants in Vienne providing Halal Food.. specifically for muslims

5 Answers Yesterday
    • Sojna's Profile Photo

Do I need a ticket to get to Schonbrunn gardens?

by Sojna Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Hello! I would like to visit the Schonbrunn gardens (not the palace, just the gardens), do I need a ticket, or is it for free?Can somebody infrorm me? Thank you in advance.

6 Answers May 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • Travel Nice to Vienna

by karlm7 Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 4:45 AM

hello we are going to be in Nice france and we are looking to head to Salzberg, what is the fastest least expensive way to travel, we are happy to train if need be. We are also ok to go to Vienna if that helps things but we really only are interested in getting into Salzberg

4 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • Bike Rental

by Lucinda007 Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Hi,
      We are vacationing in Austria. We are in the burg of Donaufeld and would like to rent a bike. I know there are the "City Bikes" in downtown Vienna, but we would like to find one closer to where we are staying...Donaufeld. Does anyone know of a bike store or place where we could rent one bike for several days? Our preference is a hybrid bike. We would like to ride on the trails along the Danube...beautiful!!

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Showing ID with photo for discount tickets

by Rachel972 Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I bought several tickets online, opera and museums, and got discounts for age. I have to show a photo ID. Do you think it's ok to show a photocopy of our passports? I don't want to carry them with me.

7 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Online tickets to the Belvedere

by Rachel972 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I want to order the tickets for the lower and upper Belvedere. It is for one entrance. Can we go to each palace on a separate day (entering each place only once ) ?

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Meidling train station

by Rachel972 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM

After reading Globetrott's warning about the Südbahnhof, how is the Meidling station? Overcrowded? Clear signs? We have train tickets for Budapest, and plan to take a taxi from the hotel.

5 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Timetable for Vienna museums

by Rachel972 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I get my information from different websites, and I'm going to buy the entrance tickets online. I understand that the upper and lower Belvedere are separate, that I can see the lower on one day, coming early to see the Prunkstall that's open only in the morning. And the upper Belvedere on Thursday to see also at noon the painting restoration. The restoration is open on Tuesday too, but I have a concert in the early evening.

We'll be staying at the Beethoven hotel, I guess we'll use the metro stations at the Karlsplaz. To which stations should we travel for each Belvedere? or use a tram? or walk to the Lower, it looks close on the map.

3 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Vienna

by tusharbhotica Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Which is the central area to stay for tourists

6 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM

What are the smoking regulations in Beisl, cafees, shows ?

by Rachel972 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM

We don't go to any public place where there's the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't like to enter a place, sniffle around and leave.
      Our hotel is near the Naschmarkt, so we'll have quite a choice of eating places. We're coming in April, so that's not a season to sit outside.

5 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Vienna card for zone 111

by Chiranjib Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Is there any vienna card for zones other than zone 100 (e.g. zone 111)?

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

Taxi in Vienna

by qzaman Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Hello fellow VTer's

Any comments, advice or concerns about getting a taxi in Vienna? Should I prebook one or get one from a taxi stand - any particular taxi company that is good or less bad than others? :)

Thanks a lot

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • axmeg's Profile Photo

Cesky krumlov day trip from pargue

by axmeg Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM

i will be Prague 3 nights from 12 till 15 September i think to do these tour i should take it or no thx for
      Cesky krumlov day trip from pargue
      thx for help

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Two days in Vienna

by lettychuffy Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Hello everyone !
      I am starting to plan a tour at the end of July . We hope to stay two days in Vienne before travelling on to Prague .As you can see time is important . So I would appreciate ideas for the best things to see .We will be travelling by car .
      Thank you :)

5 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM