change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day trips to Victoria Falls from Livingstone

by schwikse Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

We are a South African family of 3 travelling to Livingstone but would like to visit both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides of Victoria Falls. How do we get to Zimbabwean side and back and what are the costs involved, as I assume the cost to bring our vehicle across will be expensive?

more
    • Day trips to Victoria Falls from Livingstone

by schwikse Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

We are a South African family of 3 travelling to Livingstone but would like to visit both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides of Victoria Falls. How do we get to Zimbabwean side and back and what are the costs involved, as I assume the cost to bring our vehicle across will be expensive?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • babspmalone's Profile Photo

How to travel internally from Harare to Vic Falls?

by babspmalone Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Harare in early September 2014. I'd like to make an extension to Victoria Falls. Is it possible to go via bus or train? Is internal flight the only option? I am a single woman in my 50s traveling alone and have been solo in Africa several times. I'm hearing conflicting things about the economic health of bus and train transport. I would also love to see Great Zimbabwe and the city of Bulawayo, but again internal transport is a question. I am not eager to rent a car in part because where I'm from we drive on the right. Thanks for any help you can give.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM
    • Is it safe?

by voblinka Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Dear All, could somebody tell me is it safe to go to VF in Dec 13 to both sides? And how many tourist could be there?

4 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    • Yellow Fever Shots???

by Pelimom Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 6:55 AM

After visiting Victoria Falls we are returning to Kruger Park in South Africa. Do we need the Yellow Fever certificate for this? Conflicting requirements from my travel agent and Travel Health Clinic.

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • How do I get from Livingstone to Victoria Falls?

by Sanjay1982 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I see that there are buses from Lusaka to Livingstone.
      If I stay in a hotel in Livingstone, how will I get to Vic falls? Is there a bus? Do I need a taxi?
      Or am I best off staying in a hotel just by Victoria Falls?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Vehicle requirements

by vish1957 Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

What do I need to have in my vehicle (car not 4 x 4) example do I need red and white stickers , do i need a ZA sticker , fire extinguisher, reflective vests

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • Contact detail

by Tangeni Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I will be travelling in a few days time to victoria falls. i would like to get in touch with Royal lodge,517 jacaranda cresent, anyone with their phone number?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • MONEY TO SPEND

by olsen1 Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 3:37 AM

HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU NEED TO SPEND AT MOST FOR 3 DAYS AT VICTORIA FALLS

4 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    • Transportation

by Perazo1978 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

We are trying to get to Victoria Falls from Tanzania. Can anyone advice on affordable transportation to VF.

1 Answer May 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    • ChloeBreanne's Profile Photo

Where is the best place to buy a simcard?

by ChloeBreanne Online Now May 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM

I am traveling to Victoria Falls and going through to Kenya so I was wondering what sim card would be best and were would I be able to purchase one? I was hoping to get one in the airport.

1 Answer May 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • Coming into Zimbabwe and leaving from Zambia

by Lrbrown Online Now May 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

What EXACTLY needs to be done to go from one country to the other in order to get back into S. Africa?
      - Where/how hard is it to get visas? Do you need visas for both countries? Can we get these ahead of time or do you get them in the airport?
      - Yellow Fever Shot: Can you get before even coming to Africa (I know it needs to be within 10 days). We will be coming from Munich straight to Victoria Falls and only staying there for 1 day. If we get the shots in Munich and have the certificates, will this be ok?
      - How long does it take to get from one side to the other and what is the best method of transportation and costs?

3 Answers May 30, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    • Q's before my 1st Vic falls experience..

by ienf Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM

So..I'm travelling to Vic falls with my boyfriend in january and I've realized I haven't figured all the details out yet. And I'm hoping you could help me out..

We're flying in and out through Livingstone airport with SAA, but we've booked accommodation on the Zim side of the falls, and we're unfortunately only staying 2nights.. So my biggest question is if that's "doable"? Will we waste too much time going through customs and acquiring our visas etc.. And what would be the best way to travel this leg between Livingstone and Victoria falls town (several taxis? Pick-up service?)? And what would the damage be- time and moneywise?

I've also got my mind set on doing a sunset train or tram ride halfway across the bridge.. The trams run daily, I've figured out as much..But is it possible to prebook tickets? or is it strictly get in line and hope for the best/"first come, first served"? And is there a lot of people turned down due to limited capacity on the tram?..

Any other tips as to how we best spend our one afternoon and one full day in the beautiful region is much appreciated.. =)

5 Answers Dec 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    • Best hotels to stay

by DixDon Online Now Sep 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM

What Are the best hotels inVictoria Falls? Going to be there for three nights like luxury and good food.

2 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    • PatF34's Profile Photo

Zimbabwe to Livingstone

by PatF34 Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hi,
      We are going to be staying at Victoria Falls on the Zimbabwe side but would like to cross over to the Zambian side to visit Livingstone and the Mukuni Big Five Safari Park.

How to we cross over to the Zambian side and, once there, how do we get to Livingstone and the Safari Park?

3 Answers Jan 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • Elena_blue's Profile Photo

Victoria falls and then? Itinerary from scratch

by Elena_blue Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Hello all.
      I am about to design an itinerary (15 days) for an africa trip from scratch.
      must see place victoria falls.
      Questions:
      1. Another highlight for me is Serengeti in Tanzania. What could be a trip to compine both places?
      2. Which are the transportation options between these 2 places?
      3. Which season is best for travelling there?
      4. I find many small group tours on the internet. Should I arrange it this way or should I better make my arrangements step by step once there?
      5. Do you think that I can find an experience equal to Serengeti close to victoria falls? Is it worth trying to compine serengetti and victoria falls?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    • what to see in the falls area

by westybeast Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 1:33 PM

i am not that keen on adventure sports etc so what else is there to see and do .

i will have up to one whole day probably - is that enough.

is it worth going across to zimbabwe on a day pass - will i see much more ?

many thanks in advance

8 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    • Travel from Nairobi

by 1stTrip Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Is there train service available from Nairobi?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    • USD in small denominations?

by quencysmith Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Everything I read says to bring USD in small denominations. I understand the need to have some of the smaller denominations, but is it difficult to pay for services, tours, etc. with hundred dollar bills if the total due is greater than100.

7 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    • Visas for Victoria Falls for Australians

by houseswapper Online Now Feb 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I have totally overlooked my visa situation for visiting Victoria Falls!
      I am an Australian and will be leaving in 2 weeks time and as I am still waiting for my passport to be returned from the Brazilian Consulate which has taken 2 months. I will not have time to apply for visas to Zambia and Zim before I go.
      Is it a reliable situation to get the visa on arrival. I don't want to book any trips till I am sure.
      I would like to see all there is to see at Vic Falls and then over to Chobi and possibly Kasane then back to Livingstone to catch the flight to Jo/burg. Is that a multiple exit type visa?
      I found a very reasonable package with Vic Falls Safari Lodge and Chobe Game Lodge.
      Is it tricky to go to Zimbawe re visa and also is it safe in that area?
      Hope someone has the latest on the visas and safety.

5 Answers Feb 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    • Traveling from Victoria Falls to Jo'burg

by Salmon2108 Online Now Nov 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Hi - can anyone advise if there is a bus or train from Victoria Falls to Jo'burg via Zinmbabwe pls.
      Many thanks

1 Answer Nov 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    • VISAS FROM LIVINGSTONE TO VICTORIA FALLS

by PPEPS Online Now Oct 13, 2010 at 8:39 PM

HELLO.. IM MEXICAN TRYING TO GO TO VIC FALLS ZIMBABWE.. IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE VISA AT MY COUNTRY AND IF I CHECK THE REQUIRMENTS (PROJECTVISA.COM) IT SAYS I NEED TO GET THE VISA PRIOR ARRIVAL... BUT... I HEARD IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET IT AT THE BORDER (EVEN FOR MEXICANS).. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT???.. HEEEEEELP

4 Answers Nov 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Victoria Falls " must see/do "

by elpariente Online Now May 8, 2010 at 4:20 AM

We are spending a couple of days at the end of May in Victoria Falls , have you any recommendation of places to visit , to eat , things to do ... ?
      Is it possible to visit the DevilĀ“s pool
      Is it interesting to pass to Zaire side ?
      Gracias !!!!
      Thank you

9 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    • cheap travel options.

by rider000 Online Now Dec 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM

is there a way to get from Nairobi to victoria falls other than flying? i have 4 days to do it in just trying to find some cheap options.

2 Answers Dec 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    • Harare to Victoria Falls flights

by triphappy Online Now Oct 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Can anyone tell me roughly how much it might cost to fly from Harare to Victoria Falls at the moment? I only have a week in Zimbabwe, I want to fly there and back in 2 days. Are Air Zimbabwe still servicing that route? Any comments??? Any other suggestions???

Many thanks

3 Answers Mar 30, 2010 at 3:05 AM
    • samntim's Profile Photo

Airport transfers - taxi v's hotel

by samntim Online Now Aug 12, 2009 at 8:55 AM

We were offered airport transfers through our hotel at13 US per person, each way - we're staying at The Kingdom ($26 US /32 AUS each way in total).

Just wondering if it's worth it and how much a taxi would be (roughly...)

Thanks in advance folks!

1 Answer Aug 13, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    • down_under88's Profile Photo

Transfer: Vic Falls - Jo'Burg

by down_under88 Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 5:04 AM

Hey guys!

just wondering what's the best way to get from Vic Falls - Jo'Burg?
      I don't really want t take a plane as i'm on budget!

Is there any other good and save opportunity to do so? Like train or buses?
      I now that there is no direct connection by train...

Would b thankfull if anyone could help me out!

Thx and have a good one
      Bianca

2 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 2:28 AM
    • MLW20's Profile Photo

Flight to Nairobi?

by MLW20 Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Does anybody know if there is a way to FLY to Nairobi from Vic Falls? I have been searching a bit online and can not find a way.

All help is greatly appreciated!

MLW20

1 Answer Feb 28, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    • zam resorts

by starsanai Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 4:14 AM

hi, need advise about which hotel to book in Livingstone. A Mid range one and from which one is able to see the falls. I have browsed several sightsa and they all seem to have different rates. Pl advise on a good agent.

4 Answers Apr 12, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    • Victoria Falls Restaurant 47 years ago

by ddclondon Online Now Feb 19, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Back in the 1960's Chippy and Stella Wood used to run the Vistoria Falls Restaurant which was about a mile above the Falls, on the bank of the river, on the Northern Rhodesian (Zambian) side.

I grew up while Mum and Dad ran the Vic Falls Restaurant as well as the Sprayview Restaurant on the other side of the bridge (near the Vic Falls Hotel).

I can't find any references to either of these places now and wondered if there is anyone out there that remembers the restaurants to which I refer.

Please get in touch if you do.

1 Answer Oct 9, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    • Flying Kruger to Victoria Falls (Livingstone)

by Grizzlyscotsman Online Now Jan 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Hi there,

I'm planning on visiting Kruger National Park and then travelling to Victoria Falls (Zambian side).

Can anyone advise the best way to get there? So far all I have come up with is flying from Kruger back to Johannesburg and then flying from Johannesburg to Livingstone. I'd like to avoid the trip back to Johannesburg if possible. Looking at the South African Airways flights schedules it appears I'd have to stay overnight in Johannesburg.

Any advice on flights or alternative transport appreciated.

Regards,

Grizzlyscotsman

2 Answers Feb 1, 2009 at 5:33 AM