Travel Answers
Victoria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • Transit, airport to downtown Victoria for family including one mobility challenged

by PaulineJim Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM

6 people travelling from airport, one uses electric travel scooter. He can get himself in/out of buses if there are rails to pull himself up. Scooter can be lifted into bus by family members. We are excited to be going to Victoria, but have more enthuiasm than money. There is so much we want to do, but taxi fares are out of the equation.
      We understand the 72x travels this route, takes approx. 1 hour?
      Questions, is there a better bus route we can take? Will we be able to use Victoria Transit with a disabled person? Are transit tickets sold at the airport. Thanks so much. My Email if needed: doingmybest007@gmail.com.

1 Answer Sep 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • s083629's Profile Photo

What is there to do in Victoria, BC for a day?

by s083629 Online Now Jul 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We are taking the ferry to Victoria, BC from Port Angeles, WA. around August 8 or 9. What is worthwhile seeing for the day? May possibly stay for the night too. What is public transportation like? Is there a Get on-Get off bus? We can take cabs. Are they convenient from the ferry terminal? Not particularly concerned about cost. JK

6 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • Can one connect with public buses when using the Brentwood - Mill Bay ferry?

by miharu Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I am going to visit Victoria in the fall and wonder whether there are public buses connecting to the little ferry that goes between Brentwood and Mill Bay so that I could do a trip to Shawnigan Lake, for example.

2 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM
    • drop off points

by Travelingduo Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM

does anyone know if the AKAL Airporter, located at YYJ, will drop riders off at the Victoria Marriott hotel, Inner Harbour?

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Looking for a place to stay

by JennysTravels Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Ciao tutti,

We are off on another adventure and will be calling Victoria home...this Friday! Any suggestions on cheap and clean places to stay that are I the city centre? Any members living there?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jenny

13 Answers May 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    • poppyfav's Profile Photo

Travel without a car

by poppyfav Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 8:51 PM

My husband and I,two seniors, are staying in Victoria for the month of April.
      We would like to take a few days to see more of the island.
      Please can someone suggest a local tour company.
      Thankyou
      Jean.

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    • Sea-Tac airport to Victoria with U.S. transit visa

by WellsBlaine Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I have a U.S. transit visa, as well as a Canadian non-immigrant (tourist) visa. If I were to fly into Seattle, with the intention of sailing across to Victoria on the Clipper, would immigration accept this be a valid form of transit through the U.S. en route to my final destination? There would be no Clipper sailing until the following morning. Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • Sooke to Ferries

by VivienneGibsonGreen Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM

How do I travel from Woodlands Road Sooke to Swartz Bay Ferry by BC transit?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    • Victoria after 7pm

by Bear408 Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I am coming in on a cruise ship at 7pm that leaves at midnight. Can anyone recommend something fun and uniquely Canadian to do in that range of 4-5 hours?

12 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    • 18 and Bored...

by lovechild18 Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Where is there a bar or club or lounge etc. in Victoria that has a minimum age of 18? I have no intent of underage drinking, and just want to have a fun night out. Is there anywhere at all that will let me in for just a night of dancing?

3 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Fancy a VT meeting?

by pieter_jan_v Online Now May 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Anybody fancy a VT meeting in the upcoming weekend (May 6 or 7) or even before that a joint dinner somewhere and a first Inner Harbour exploration for myself.?

Still jetlagging now, but hopefully that's gone later this week.

PJ

7 Answers May 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    • travelling with an rv on the coho ferry

by kingfisherpa Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM

is it hard to load a 25 foot long travel trailer towed by a 1 ton dually truck?
      thanks lary

2 Answers Oct 24, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Victoria Clipper arrival in Victoria, how long to go through customs, etc?

by swdke Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Have booked a trip from Seattle to Victoria on the Victoria Clipper, with US Passports, how long does it take for custom's proccessing? Looking forward to getting of the boat and exploring Victoria, plus making timed reservations. Would like to know how soon can I be off the boat and into Victoria, thanks!

5 Answers Oct 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    • guod7's Profile Photo

recommended whale watching company

by guod7 Online Now May 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hi
      Another question I have deals with which whale watching company a local might prefer. I have done the internet thing and read all the reviews I could but what one do you guys like and why?
      Thanks
      Doug

2 Answers May 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    • guod7's Profile Photo

Eagles in Goldstream Provincial Park in june

by guod7 Online Now May 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Hi
      I could use a local's opinion..what is the likelihood of seeing/photographing eagles in Goldstream Park during my visit June 25th?
      Any other locations nearby where eagles might be viewed that time of year?
      Thanks in advance.
      Doug

3 Answers May 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    • UVIC & Hotels

by memberley Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 7:25 AM

I will be visiting Victoria for 5 days and will be travelling to UVIC each day. Which hotels are close by? I will be travelling by taxi each day.
      Thanks

7 Answers Apr 29, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    • Suggested sights for one day

by sandik Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Looking for suggestions to get the most out of our day in Victoria.

We're coming in on a cruise on May 13th, arriving at 8 AM, staying until midnight, so we'll have an entire day to see the sights. I've booked an excursion through the cruiseline to Butchart & Butterfly Gardens, but am having second thoughts. Wondering if it would be worthwhile at that time. The excursion leaves at 8:30 and gets back to the ship at 12:30. Also considering the double decker bus tour. It's description says it is an hour trip, so it doesn't seem to be the Hop On / Hop Off that I've read about on this site.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Answers Apr 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    • Need help about hotels

by wauk78 Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Hello,
      I need some help to choose an hotel in Victoria, so many hotels with reviews on tripadvisor. I have a hard time to decide where to stay, is it in downtown or inner harbour the best place to be around the tourist places ?
      Thanks for your help.

6 Answers Feb 28, 2011 at 5:58 PM
    • Visa requirement for travel to Victoria

by vishal_bits Online Now Jan 26, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Hii, all, Myself Vishal from India. I have a query regarding the visa requirement for travel to Victoria. I have planned for a travel to Victoria next month.I have visa for Victoria. I have got my air-tickets booked and my flight will land in victoria international airport which is situated in Sidney. Do I need any kind of visa for Sidney also ?

4 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    • Open on Christmas & Boxing Day??

by Vaspt Online Now Dec 19, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I just. Learned that the Royal Museum is closed from the25th through the28th. What else will be closed during that time period? Will many groceries be open on Christmas day? Or restaurants?

4 Answers Dec 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    • glabah's Profile Photo

A few Things in December

by glabah Online Now Nov 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I am visiting a friend in Seattle in December, and have decided to add a detour to Victoria for two days, via the Victoria Clipper. I've been bringing my passport to Seattle for over a year now and have not yet done a trip to Canada during one of these Seattle excursions!

I had planned to visit Buchart Gardens just to see their Christmas Lights show. However, to add that tour onto the Victoria Clipper trip is some52 US, but the admissions price is only25 Canadian. Therefore, it seems to me it would be cheaper to do my own trip there.

However, Google maps seems to put Buchart Gardens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay north of Victoria. I had always heard that Victoria was not a place you really needed to have an automobile, and so I am wondering if this is the correct place, or if somehow Google maps is grasping the wrong location.

I've attempted to look for Buchart Gardens tips on VT, but havent been that impressed by what I have found so far. For example:
      "Visit Buchart Gardens - among..." - Attractions Tip by Kisa
      is the first tip that comes up in a VT tip search.

I'm sure there are some very good and well written tips about this famous tourist attraction, but I haven't yet found them!

If the Buchart Gardens is well outside the city, as Google Maps seems to show, how does one get from the Clipper to the Gardens by bus? This is particularly a problem since I curently only have Can$2 from a previous trip, so I will have to aquire bus fare someplace. Is there a ticket vending machine or other fare media system somewhere near the Victoria Clipper terminal? None of the transportation tips I have run across seem to cover that particular item.

One other item I am considering for this trip is taking the train from Victoria up to Courteny, just to see more of the area. Google maps seems to show the Victoria train station as being just across the bay railroad bridge and kinda/sorta nearby the Victoria Clipper terminal, but not exceptionally close. Is this the correct location, or is it throwing me a curve ball?

Thanks for any thoughts anyone has on any of this.

5 Answers Nov 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    • When

by lhannah Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 7:56 AM

What would be the best time of year to visit Bouchard Gardens (assume this is the same as Butchart Gardens)? Are hotel rooms more scarce after school is out in June? Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    • car rentals from Pier

by slrosser Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM

How can I rent a car from the Inner Pier where the clipper ship will let us off

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    • Accomodation near UVic

by Devendra169 Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I am coming to Canada during 11th May-22nd July,2010. I want an accomodation near University of Victoria for my stay during this period at reasonable cost. Please suggest me if anyone has information regarding the same.
      What is the best way to travel from Vancouver to Victoria?
      Thanks
      dave

5 Answers May 1, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    • nanadear's Profile Photo

short day visit

by nanadear Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hi guys, we'll be in Victoria only from 7-12 on July 19 from a Carnival cruise. I'd like to know where the ship docks and the best way to get to the Craigdarrach house. The "excursions" are so$$$$ and I'd rather explore myself. Thanks for any help

6 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Help with a transit itinerary/route(s)

by Karlie85 Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Hello again! Thanks for all your answers regarding the afternoon tea! And now I have another question...

There are three things we want to do that aren't in the main downtown area: Butchart Gardens, Craigdarroch Castle, and Ross Bay Cemetery. I'm thinking we'll do these things all on the same day, and start in the morning, so we'd theoretically be done by the afternoon. And I'd like to do them in that order, leaving from the Empress hotel.

I'm not very good at figuring out bus routes and whatnot, even with the website, so I was wondering if any of you could help me figure it out? Thanks :)

3 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Afternoon tea at The Empress - worth it?

by Karlie85 Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Hey everyone. I'll be visiting Victoria from March 10-14 and staying at the Empress (don't worry, I got a REALLY GOOD deal!). I've read a lot about the Empress and the afternoon tea. A lot of people (including my mother in law) think it's great, a very unique experience, etc. But, a lot of people also think it's overpriced, etc.

I'm the type of person that likes to try things that I wouldn't do normally, things that people would say "Oh, you have to go do _____ when you're in ____", and to me this seems kind of like one of those things.

So, is it worth it to go for the experience, even though it's pricey? Or no?

8 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    • Nateisenough's Profile Photo

Anyone living in Victoria

by Nateisenough Online Now Jan 29, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I am going to Victoria for a few days with my fiancee. I have read that whale watching is frowned upon there. Is this true? We would like to see the whales, but as a biologist myself, I don't want to contribute to irresponsible activities.
      Thanks and have a great day.
      Nathan from Tampa

2 Answers Jan 29, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    • INNER HARBOR IN VICTORIA CANADA

by elbabba1 Online Now Sep 16, 2009 at 7:49 AM

IS THE INNER HARBOR LOCATED NEAR THE CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL. IS A TAXI NEEDED TO
      GO FROM THE SHIP TERMINAL TO THE INNER HARBOR

3 Answers Sep 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    • Places to see around Butchart garden by car

by AKMA Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 10:35 AM

What are the other places to see in & around Butchart garden apart from the Butterfly park ?

Moreover places to see on the way to Butchart garden from Swartz bay ferry terminal

1 Answer Aug 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM