Victoria Travel Answers

change location

trailer home

by kalmourad Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 1:12 PM

we are travelling to BC with our 24" trailer home in tow. Arriving to Vancouvre
around May 23rd. Please we need your advise on whetre to ferry our trailer home to Victoria or just leave it behind in Vancouvre?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • suziezed's Profile Photo

RE: trailer home

by suziezed Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 5:28 PM

I presume you are concerned about the expense. The page to look at is bcferries.com/fares/vanisle-... and depending on the height of your vehicle you want to either look at Passenger Vehicle and Trailer or Oversize Passenger Vehicle and Trailer. Either way it is going to cost you a fair amount of money.

Don't forget you also have to pay for the driver and passenger(s) (price shown does not include them). And gas is now over1.00 a liter (your US gallon is about 3.78 liters) and I'm presuming you're not going to get great gas mileage. Finally - and this may be the deciding factor - May 23rd is Victoria day and a holiday in BC - the ferries will be very busy. Not only will you have to pay a lot but you may be looking at long waits.

How long are you going to be in Victoria - if it's more than a few days then maybe it would be worth it, otherwise I'd leave it in Vancouver.

Susan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines