Veurne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning Bicycle Trips Around Brugge

Brugge Apr 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Would like to plan 3 days of "bicycle loop" trips from Brugge to the countryside and return.. with each trip being around 40 to 60 KM. I found a great route planning tool on the web but its all in flemish. Happy to pay somone to help me "map out the routes" but would prefer not to be in an organized tour per se. Suggestions welcome!!!

more
    • Bus or Coach Tour from Amsterdam to Brugge

Brugge Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM

We are going to be in Amsterdam in May and would like to take a day trip to Brugge. Could someone recommend a coach tour

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains from Brugge to Lille

Brugge Apr 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bruges end Sept and will head on to Lille after that. Just wondering, are there frequent trains to Lille from Bruges? And should i pre-book tickets online?

Thanks!

more
    • Fruit flies?

by clarems75 Online Now Jul 13, 2006 at 5:50 AM

My boyfriend and I visited Veurne on Tuesday, 11th July 2006, on our way back to England from Brugge. It seemed like a very lovely picturesque town and we went into the Church which was beautiful, stained glass was lovely. We wandered around the town sqaure that was preparing for a music festival that evening I believe and sat in a cafe and ordered a lasagne and a cool drink.. suddenly we were covered by tiny little flying bugs.. we knocked them away but more came, and more and more.. if you didn't clear your arm for 5 mins and then looked down there would be about 20 on your arms, neck etc

So, we moved inside and thought we were safe.. suddenly we realised that the door frames, radiators, bar, tables were covered in these little flies (it was like a horror film!) We really wanted to spend a relaxing afternoon in Veurne wandering the shops, the bakery museam etc but we just had to escape.. what was it? was it a one off? a weird fly day? The dead flies in the bar/cafe looked like they'd been there for awhile so maybe not but can anyone explain what these flies are and why the locals didn't seem to be bothered by them but our skin was crawling and they were everywhere...

1 Answer Jul 24, 2006 at 10:52 PM