Versailles Travel Answers

change location

Buying Versailles tickets in Paris? children free? lines? biking the gardens? - 4 questions

by michelledriscoll Online Now Jul 5, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Greetings! I will be visiting Versailles Palace on Friday, August 13, bringing with me 3 children, ages 11, and 16.

1) I read a recent post about buying tickets in Paris at FNAC. Can anyone please verify this?
2)I see on the Versailles website that under 18s are free. Would we still have to wait in the line to purchase tickets?
3) we'll be visiting on a Friday, will we have to pay extra for the gardens?
4) can we bicycle the gardens? if so, how and where can we rent.

Thank you all!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Buying Versailles tickets in Paris? children free? lines? biking the gardens? - 4 questions

by mtford Online Now Jul 8, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I saw the reply to these questions, which was very helpful. Realize tickets for evening fountain show are separate, but cannot figure out how to buy on-line (Versailles website doesn't seem to offer option). And no one will answer phone line. Can anyone help? I was hoping to buy ahead of time and avoid the lines as much as possible (for July 17).

Also, I am interested in renting a bike but wanted it to get around in Gardens, but sounds like that is not allowed (although I thought I remembered seeing bikes in the Gardens in the past). I do remember how huge the area is and we did not see everything because it was too far apart.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines