Versailles Travel Answers

change location

Confusion on entry prices for Children.

by emmalouise283 Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM

We intend to visit the Chateau at Versailles but it must be on Tuesday 4th August. I am unsure about the pricing for my children who are 14, 12 and 6 years of age as it seems to be a musical fountain day.
It appears that the best value for us adults would be the 25 euro musical fountain pass, and although the children appear free, there is a mention that the musical fountains are not free of charge. Does this mean that we cannot visit the gardens unless we pay for the children and if so I cannot see how much we must pay.
Is it possible to visit just the gardens and not see the fountain display?
It appears to be an expensive family day out and we are on a budget!! please help someone!! Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lizscoular's Profile Photo

Re: Confusion on entry prices for Children.

by lizscoular Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM

My family is also traveling to France in August, and this site has been very helpful!

The Le Passport would be the way to go for you and your husband. It gives you access to pretty much everything at Versailles. But I did not think that the musical fountains would be available on a Tuesday. From everything I've read, they are only avaialable on the weekends. If they are available when you go, I've read that you can pay 8 euros each for the kids to see the gardens; they are free for the rest of Versailles.

If you buy your passport in Paris before you go, at the TIs or the FNAC stores, I've been told you can get your free pass for the kids there, too, so you don't have to queue up in the ticket lines at Versailles.

Hope this helps - maybe we'll cross pass in Paris!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Confusion on entry prices for Children.

by emmalouise283 Online Now Jul 24, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply.
    That was what I thought following guidance on this site, however the Official Chateau de Versailles Guide (can be downloaded at www.en.chateauversailles.fr/) states that between 12th May and 29th September on Tuesdays and Weekends, the Passport costs £25 and includes access to the Grandes Eaux Musicales. It doesn't then say how much it costs for children on these days so I am unsure if it will just be £8 or if it may be more! If I were you I'd go Wed/Thu/Fri, I would if I could but we are only there Saturday til Tuesday and the palace is closed on Mondays.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines