more
    • Hotel Excelsior Lido

Lido May 8, 2015 at 3:12 AM

How to get to the hotel from S. Elena, Venice

more
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Venice water travel

Venice May 23, 2015 at 4:36 PM

What is the black gondola, which takes you from Giudecca to the main islands, called? It only leaves from two or three points. I'm not referring to either the vaporetti or the "romantic" gondola ride. Mille grazie.

more
    • Calmasino to Malcesine by car

Malcesine May 22, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Hi! We are staying in a vineyard B&B in Calmasino, am wandering how long it would take to drive to Malcesine from there? We have only one and a half days and we wish to have a short boat trip maybe to Limone and a trip up Monte Baldo. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

more
    • Altekaka's Profile Photo

San Silvestro vaporetto station

Venice Apr 28, 2015 at 4:58 AM

I am staying near the San Silvestro vaporetto stop in a few weeks. The station was temporarily closed for some work in November "for 5 months" but I have not seen any additional information. Does anyone know if the station has re-opened, or a firm date for the reopening?

more
    • Bus from Mestre to Venice

Mestre May 7, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Hello, a group of us will be in Mestre soon and I would like to know which bus to take to get to Venice from Mestre. Also I would like to know how much does it cost.

Thank you in advance

more
    • gayle129's Profile Photo

How much is the train fare from Treviso to Venice

Venice May 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM

How much is the train fare from Treviso to Venice

more
    • Aqualandia Jessolo

Venice May 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Is there a Vaporetto from venice to Lido di Jessolo ? If so , where & at what time in morning can we embark upon it & how much time shall it take to raech Jessolo ? How can we get a connection to Aqualandia Jessolo Water Park ? Thanks
      Puneet

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Venice and Florence

Venice May 6, 2015 at 2:38 PM

While in Venice, we are staying in the Ghetto region. Looking for suggestions for lunch and dinner in that area or close by as we aren't all that mobile; we want to walk no more than a km for a meal. Looking for mid-range rather casual restaurants. Also in Florence for a week. There we are located near the Bargello National Museum. Suggestions welcome.

more
    • Palace Stiggi??

Venice May 18, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Somewhere recently I read about a palace approx. 45 minutes from Marco Polo Airport and the same distance from Padua. It was the Italian version of Versailles - I think it was called Stiggi or something very similar - and had 109 rooms - try as I might I can't find anything about this beautiful palace. All suggestions much appreciated. Thanx

more
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

car rental from Venice to Budapest

Venice Apr 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Can anyone suggest a cheap car rental for the above route ?

more
    • Itinerary suggestions

Venice May 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM

I've received great advice on visiting Murano, Burano & Torcello recently & hope to extend my search for itinerary suggestions (3 Aussie adults /54 +) during a brief 3 night / 2.5 day stay in Venice. Arriving 1.30pm, staying in San Polo, keen food, coffee & wine consumers, love a little history & art but also keen to see the real (& less touristy) Venice. No time to waste in long queue's, any pre-booked must see's, restaurant, cafe, tour suggestions welcomed. I've contacted heaps of private tour companies and am kind of shocked at the excessively high costs!
      We will be leaving via train to Milan on route to Bellagio - wondering if Verona is worth a stop on the way?
      Many thanks in advance.

more
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Location, Location!!??

Venice May 5, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hi, Everyone! I'll be in Venice in late November and need advice as to which sestiere I should stay in. I'll be renting an apartment or home so I am not interested in hotels. I'm currently favoring Dosoduro but I would really appreciate more info on the others! Thank you!

more
    • Is it safe for 19 yr old female to travel (coming from US) from Venice to Vicenza alone?

Vicenza Apr 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM

My daughter (19) is supposed to attend a program a program in Italy for four weeks. She's never been there before. She has to fly into Venice, then catch a bus (20-25 minute ride) to the train station for a 1-1.5 hour ride to Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza and walk to Hotel del Ponte. She will be there for weeks one and four. For weeks two and three, they will be moving to College Valmarana Morosini (in Altavilla Vicentina, Vicenza). I'm not too concerned ince she meets up with the group in Bassano. It's just getting from the airport to Bassano alone. At some point they will be traveling to Milan (Ca’ Del Bosco, Franciacorta) and the director suggested my daughter could fly into Milan but then it would be a 3.5 hr train ride to Bassano. I wanted to fly over with her, but I can't fford to do so. Thank you!

more
    • Murano & Burano

Venice Apr 30, 2015 at 6:13 AM

We hope to spend a morning (or longer?) visiting Murano & Burano & we'd appreciate any inside information for first time, Aussie visitors to Venice. Having researched a number of sites, it appears doable without a tour (our preference). Are vaporetto tickets easily purchased & would we be best to travel in the early morning to try & beat the crowds? Any tourist traps to avoid on Morano & is it possible to view a glass blowing demonstration without the hard sell afterwards?
      Many thanks for any helpful suggestions 

more
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Weather In November

Venice May 6, 2015 at 11:44 AM

HI, Everyone! What can I expect weather-wise in late November? Thank you!

more