Verona Travel Answers

change location
Ldeck3's Profile Photo

opinion on B&B and transportation

by Ldeck3 Online Now Dec 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM

I am considering accomodations Domus Nova by Piazza Erbe? Is this close to the train station and would it be recommended? It is fairly expensive. Also is there anywhere to swim in Verona? Making a compromise...my husband does not want to drive this trip and City accomodations do not have pools for the most part. Would like to stay outside of the city but missed the opera last time and do not know how to hire a car for this. Any recommendations for villas, hotels out of city with pools and car hire or near public transport? I want something that does not seem a generic hotel. I enjoy train and bus or car with driver? Last question...typical american...I would like to go to a cooking class at someone's house...It looks like so much fun.
Thank you and kindest regards...

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • effeti's Profile Photo

Re: opinion on B&B and transportation

by effeti Online Now Dec 13, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Piazza Erbe is the heart of the ancient Roman town... in fact the forum was there (read my tip if you like) and, to visit the town, that is one of the most desirable positions.
    No, the station is not close (i would not advice to walk there with baggages) but it's a mere 5 minutes by taxi.
    I guess the public swimming pool (a couple of KMS from there) it's not what your husband is looking for.

If not for the pool (strange, but they seem not to have it.... but eventually ask) the ideal place you describe may be Villa Giona in Valpolicella (villagiona.it/index.cfm/hurl... ).... if price doesn't matter.
    It is a fantastic place, and has cooking classes.

Or, if a pool is a must, take a look here: http://www.hotelvilladelquar.it/

Both are out of town, but i'm sure they can arrange a private car for the opera night.
    Both are luxury hotels.. Of course there are cheaper places...
    Let me know
    Ciao
    Francesco

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines