Verona Travel Answers

change location
DaveSamaroo's Profile Photo

Verona Opera - Aida

by DaveSamaroo Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Dear Forum: some questions on the Verona Opera (Aida I am planning to attend on June 20th.)

(1) If I leave it to buy a ticket on the night of the opera (as unsure of whether I can make it) - are there generally some kind of seats available on the day or are they usually ALL sold out before?
(2) Where is generally the best place to sit - for tickets costing 100 euros or less. From the map of the opera house ticket.arena.it/XA-TCK-PF/en... Seats avalilable are described as poltrone num di grat lat, grandinata settore D & F, C, E

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • alucas's Profile Photo

Re: Verona Opera - Aida

by alucas Online Now Jun 5, 2008 at 5:27 AM

You have picked one of the more popular performances, and there will be very few tickets available if at all. I would book in advance if at all possible. You might be lucky with reserved seats if you buy a day or two before, and there might be a few unreserved places on the day.

The view is very good wherever you sit. But the choice of which zone depends whether you want a seat or are prepared to sit on the stone steps.

We sat in the Gradinata non numerata right at the top of sector E when we went in 2005. It was pretty full for Aida - and they were guiding people to every available spare place on the steps. Have a look at the tips and travelogues (particularly the first one) on my Verona page, and you will see what the view is like (not that easy to take photos with only a small digital camera in low light !)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines