Verona Travel Answers

change location

Train ticket price

by hairlovers Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM

What is the price for train ticket from Verona Central to Bologna Fair in both directions?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Train ticket price

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:14 AM

italy-map.net/bahn_italien/i...

This site will help you with train times and prices as you have never mentioned when yu plan to make the trip. Perhaps pries differ from weekdays to weekends and rush hours etc as well as advanced booking so please figure it out yourself.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xaver's Profile Photo

by xaver Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM

trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.j...">trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.j... This is the web site where you find timetables and prices. You arrive in the main station of Bologna(centrale) and from there you can take a bus or a taxi to the fair, it's about 3 kilometers from the station.

2 members found this helpful

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM

hairlovers wrote: What is the price for train ticket from Verona Central to Bologna Fair in both directions?
     This is not as simple a question as it seems, because it requires that you understand something about the Italian rail system.

First, there is no such station as "Verona Central", the main station is "Verona Porta Nuova" (and you have to call it that in the website that ''xaver ''gave you).

Second, there are two major types of trains in Italy: regional trains and "premium" trains. The regional trains are slower and cheaper; the "premium" trains are faster, more expensive, and require reservations (which you can get at the last minute if seats are available, as they usually are). Both types of trains run from Verona to Bologna Centrale.

Furthermore, while the regional trains don't have any discounts available to foreign visitors, the "premium" trains do, but they may or may not be available.

I encourage you to read my essay on an overview on the Italian rail system at "Rail Travel Overview" - Italy Transportation Tip by mccalpin . You might also look at my other Transportation tips there on my Italy page.

Read what I've written, and then look at the website ''xaver ''gave you, and then come back if you have any more questions...

Bill

2 members found this helpful

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM

By far the best, and most reliable, place to look for train times, details and (usually) fares for any European country is that country's official railway website.

The Italian railway website in English will do the job for you perfectly well:

trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h...

As noted above, you will travel from Verona Porta Nuova railway station to Bologna Centrale railway station. From there you will need other public transport, or a taxi, to get to Bologna Feire. Bus lines 35 and 38 serve both the railway station and the Fiera. Timetables here:

http://www.tper.it/orari/linee

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines