Vernazza

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vernazza train station

by sochinghan Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

We are going to Vernazza but with two baggages, is there any lockers or paid storage service at Vernazza station so we dont need to carry the heavy lugguages to the hotel with any steps on the way?

3 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    • Paul_Traveler's Profile Photo

Two Nights

by Paul_Traveler Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 6:41 AM

We are planning a two night stay in Vernazza in April but not sure that one night is enough. We will be leaving there and going to to Rome and wonder if one in Vernazza and one extra in Rome might not be a better idea?

11 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    • roads leading to parking

by acbinder Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 5:18 AM

I understand that Vernazza and the surrounding roads were devastated by the hurricane. What is the condition of the roads to Vernazza to the parking area. Alan Binder

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    • parking in Vernazza

by acbinder Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Could you tell me where I can park while visiting Vernazza from Sept 18-20? we will be driving up from Pisa Airport. Alan Binder

2 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    • Parking In October

by teresalynneberry Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM

We are spending 3 days in Vernazza in October. What are the parking conditions and prices at this time?

7 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • Roads to Vrenazza

by clutch66 Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Will be traveling to Vernazza from Genova from the north. When I get off the A12 take the small road to Vrenazza I was informed that this road had major damage in 20011 and it is not passable and is blocked in some parts and it would be several more years to fix this road is this true.? The best way is to go to La Spezia from the south!

3 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    • jpiombino's Profile Photo

Vernazza beach/water condition

by jpiombino Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 4:48 AM

My family will be traveling to Vernazza again this summer and we have 3 nights set aside for CT. The last two years my wife and I stayed in Vernazza and it was the highlight of our vacation to Italy. I am hoping to stay again this summer but I really enjoy the water and the beaches. From some pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like there has been much progress in respect to the beach? We are looking to book our accommodations but responses from the Renters are unsure about if the water quality will be acceptable to bathe in by June/July. Anyone have any insight on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

2 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Could you recommend a budget accomodation in Vernazza? Thanks in advance for your replies.

11 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Vernazza--morning or afternoon visit?

by SandiM Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

So mom and I will venture to Vernazza and put a little money back into the economy to help with the repairs of the town. With camera in hand, should we get better shots of the place (as it is) for an early morning visit or wait until the afternoon? (shooting from either of the paths as far as we are allowed to venture which won't be far, I'm sure). We also want to eat, and have a good view (if possible). Which of those ristorantes that are now open (listed on www.savevernazza.com, some are still closed due to flood damage) would have the best view and decent chow?

• SandiM's Profile Photo

Vernazza path (#2) to Manarola

by SandiM Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM

So I see from www.savevernazza.com that path #2 heading to Manarola is still closed for repairs, but I was wondering if anyone has been there recently and can tell me if you can at least walk a bit of it towards Manarola at least to that spot where you can look down into the harbour to take photographs from the northern side? Or is there a big gate right at the very start of it preventing you from going further? I don't want to walk the whole path, just up a few hundred yards to take a photograph or two from that scenic spot. Wondered if anyone has tried it recently?

8 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Vernazza - Photography questions

by SandiM Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I do understand that Vernazza is currently under a 'healing process' due to the flood of Oct 2011, but I'm still contemplating taking my mother there in April on a daytrip from Florence (it's so nice a place and we want to help support its healing process!). Years ago, I walked from Corngilia to Vernazza and took a great photo from above the town with the watchtower extending out into the ocean. This time, I'm thinking of standing somewhere on the other side of the town to take my shots. I've seen some of them on the web--how do I get to that vantage point after we get off of the train? I'm talking about the side of town closer to Monterosso. Is there a path and how hard is it to get to given the current situation?

6 Answers Mar 2, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    • Transportation & Trekking

by LJCarter413 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Hi!
      My boyfriend and I are staying in Vernazza September 17-20th. A couple questions, we plan to hike (obviously) between the five towns - and definitely have at least one day at the beach in Monterosso where we understand we can rent chairs, towels, and an umbrella. What else do we need to carry with us (other than bathing suits and money?) The towns look close enough that we can stop and purchase water, food, wine etc. but we will definitely bring a hiking bag if there are other items we will appreciate having.
      Second question - we will be flying out of Milan or Pisa to Paris on Tuesday. I see that we can take the train from Vernazza to La Spezia and transfer to Milan or Pisa. Does anyone recommend a car service that will drive us to either airport? Is that going to make our lives much easier, or not worth the money? How about a car to drive us to La Spezia?
      THANK YOU in advance!
      Lindsay

3 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 2:59 AM
    • jserel's Profile Photo

Parking in Vernazza? July 2011

by jserel Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Allo!

My parents are stuck traveling to Vernazza by car. Can anyone recommend a parking solution - parking in La Spezia is not an option for them, but we've heard that it may be possible to park in Monterosso al Mare. If so, how much would this cost to park per day? Is this a reasonable option? Does anyone have a link to follow up with?

Much appreciated!

Thank you!

3 Answers Jun 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    • Suggestions and advice?

by Emmnemms Online Now May 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Hey :) So i am planning a backpacking trip in October that starts in Santorini and ends in Madrid.
      I am hoping to stay a few days in the CT and would like some advice.

1) Does the regional train ( from La Spezia to Vernazza) run in October? The trenitalia website is coming up blank.

2) I was thinking that i would stay 2 maybe 3 days in Vernazza and one day walk north, and the next, walk south. Spacing the hike between two days so i could not be overly exhausted and take time to see whatever i want without having to worry about anything. This sound like a good plan? Or would staying in Corniglia be better?

3) Anyone know of any decent low cost hostels in the CT? I don't minds sharing a room, just needs to be clean and have a place for me to safely store my bag. I'm hoping to pay about35 or less a night.

6 Answers May 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    • How much is the train from La Spezia to Vernazza

by Emmnemms Online Now May 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Hey :)
      I am mapping out a backpacking trip through Greece, Italy, and Spain.

At the moment i am looking at flying from Athens to Rome, spend a few days in Rome, take the train to Florence, bum around a bit in Florence, and am looking into the cost of traveling to Vernazza for 3-4 days, a break from the cities.

I know how to get from Florence --> La Spezia, but i am having problems finding the price for the train from la Spezia - Vernazza.

A link would be great :D
      Thanks
      Emm

3 Answers May 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    • travelling by train from Florence to Cinque Terre and then onto Rome

by AnnPeter Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Hi again
      We will be travelling from Florence to the one of the villages of the Cinque Terre to stay for 4 nights in October 2011.

Is it easy to do this in one day or do you need to stop in La Spezia for a night? Are we able to buy the ticket on the day we wish to travel or does it have to be booked in advance (from Australia or at Florence - we will be there for 4 days)?

Also, we will be travelling to Rome afterwards; will this need to be booked from Australia or would it be ok to do it at La Spezia? I believe that we can get a train direct from La Spezia to Rome is this correct?
      Many thanks.

3 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    • From Vernazza to Rome Airport

by billcates Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 8:34 AM

What are my options to get from Vernazza to Rome airport? I have a 12:00p flight on Sunday. Can I catch an early train or hire a car service that will get me to the airport by 10:00am? Or need I travel the night before and book a hotel near the airport?

5 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    • Where to sleep in Vernazza??

by diegob Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Does anyone knows where to sleep in Vernazza
      without spending more than 70 euros??
      Thank you!

2 Answers Feb 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    • Train to hotels in Vernazzo

by robertvolp Online Now Jan 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM

My wife has great difficulty climbing many stirs . Is there a n elevator har train station to get near hotels?

5 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    • TRAVELLING WITH A 15TH MONTHS BABY

by MERCEGALICIA Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Hi everyone! We would like to go to Cinque Terre in August. We're staying in Rapallo, so we're thinking in taking the train and hop off Monterroso, Vernazza and Riomaggiore. We have a 15th months baby who doesn't walk yet, so which places are more easier to access and walk most of the time with a stroller? Is it the train the best option? Thank you

6 Answers Aug 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM
    • Craft shop?

by AdrienneA Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I am trying to find out about some pottery that I saw in a craft shop in Vernazza last week. I never got back in to buy the bowl I was looking at. It was locally made, looked kind of like a rock on the outside, grey shades with a blue glaze in the middle. If anyone knows the name of the artist or the shop I really would like to hear about it. Thank you

• traa's Profile Photo

Advice

by traa Online Now May 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Hi everyone,

i need some advice about my plan:

saturday 22nd May
      arriving in Bologna around noon. Stary overnight in Bologna (never been there and we want to avoid the weekend crowds in CT).

Sunday 23rd may
      departing from Bologna to Vernazza or Monterosso by train
      Stay overnight in one of these villages (suggetions?)

Monday 24th may
      depart from Ver or Mont by train to visit the other villages
      Stay overnight in one of these villages or La Spezia(suggetions?)

Tuesday
      Arrive in La Spezia or depart from there (depending on where we sleep the night before) by rented car.

Tuesday and Wednesday
      we have these two days to visit Sienna, Pisa, lucca and Florence... I know all of them but Siena. we still have to work out this itinerary...maybe drive straight from la spezia to siena, passing by pisa and lucca. Stay overnight in Siena on Tuesday and on wednesday we could go to florence and stay there overnight.

On Thursday we have a flight back to lisbon around noon. Is it advisable to drive from Florence early in the morning and drop off the car at the airport and check in around 10? I mean, leaving Florence around 7:30 to be at the airport at 9 - drop off the car and go to the chek in.

Well, maybe this is a bit confusing... all advices are welcome.
      PS: I wouldn´t mind to stay a night in Lucca. I love it but on the other hand a night in Florence is always tempting and Siena none of us knows it yet...

Thank you!
      Tânia

4 Answers May 19, 2010 at 4:54 AM
    • ericaandscott's Profile Photo

Driving from Nice to Vernazza to Piza, what to do with car in Vernazza

by ericaandscott Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Hello,

One leg of our journey includes driving from Nice to Vernazza and staying there for 3 nights. Then we are driving to Livorno in the evening to catch a ferry, will probably stop off in Pisa on the way there for the afternoon.

Does anybody have any suggestions what would be most suitable and economical place to park our car whilst we are in Vernazza and the transport we would use to get to and from our car on arrival and departure from Vernazza?

Thank you

3 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 12:51 AM
    • Problem -- Where to park when staying in Vernazza

by Gaily123 Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I have heard several options for parking a car while in Cinque Terre (Vernazza), but am confused as to the best choice these days. We will be coming to CT from Lucca and staying June 8, 9, and 10. Where is the safest place to leave our car for three days and most convenient to get to and from Vernazza with suitcases? The problem I see is that we will have pick the car up early in the morning on the 10th because we have to get back to Rome to catch a plane that evening. We are worried about timing and best place to leave car that is easy to get to and from Vernazza.

3 Answers Apr 22, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    • Camere Giuliano

by 356Porsche Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Ok, I give up. How do you contact this place for a price quote and to determine if they have a room? It sounds really nice but I need help making a reservation.
      Thanks for any help.

1 Answer Apr 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    • MNgal's Profile Photo

Cinque Terre Train Schedule - How early do they start?

by MNgal Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM

We will be traveling from the Cinque Terre (Vernazza) to La Spezia to ultimately Naples, but our train leaves from La Spezia at 5:30am. Will the small train between the towns be running that early, or what is the best way to get to La Spezia at that hour?

3 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    • angela6571's Profile Photo

Is one day enough?

by angela6571 Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM

My family and I will be traveling in Italy in May. We are going to be visiting Vernazza from Turin. My father wants to stay in Turin for two nights and Vernazza for one. This would mean that we would arrive in Vernazza around noon and leave the next day. Is one day enough time to really hike the trail and explore? I'm convinced it would be better to stay in Turin one night and Vernazza two. Any advice? Thanks.

5 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    • lengleng's Profile Photo

which city in cinque terre to stay

by lengleng Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Hi all,
      I'm still undecided as to which city in CT to stay in.I need a nice hotel on the beach with views and easy access to a nice beach for my 3 year old son.Please help anyway you can :-)
      lengleng

6 Answers Sep 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Doable from Florence?

by nomad7890 Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Possibly someone can talk me out of this visit, but I just had to post just in case it was doable. Is it possible to take a peek at Vernazza in a day (maybe stay overnight). Is it ok to start a short walk around 2:30 PM, and take a good look around?

I have a limited amount of time in Italy this October, but I will be in Florence for a day (mostly to go to the old pharmacy and get my Italian soaps as I've already been to Florence).

It now occurred to me I can to take a peek at Vernazza. I have done some research on Cinque Terre and know about the five villages that you hike across. At this time I don't want to do all the hiking, I just want to go to Vernazza, take a peek at the ocean, maybe stay there for one night.

Before Florence, I will start in Rome and be in Perugia. I could skip Florence and do my shopping in Rome (there's a branch of the old pharmacy in Rome, but never like the one in Florence).

It looks like a six hour+ ride to Vernazza from Perugia, and ironically does stop at Firenze-SMN on the way. If I take the early train from Perugia it arrives in Vernazza around 1:30 PM. There's about an hour an a half layover in Florence (just about enough to do my shopping if the store was open that early, which it's not).

This does sound like a bit too much rushing ... but I'd really love to take that peek. Any comments?

12 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    • arriving June 2 (National holiday) with a car...NEED HELP

by mproksel Online Now May 18, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Coming from Tuscany and will still have the car as the La Spezia office is closed. Should we drive into Vernazza or park somewhere in La Spezia or Levanto? We don't need to have a car while we are in Cinque Terre for 3 days.

We are staying at Gianni Franzi....is there some overnight parking available? Another thought is to leave the car in Pisa airport (is open) and train into Vernazza and be done with the car. Got any suggestions?

Grazie.
      Mari

4 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM