Vernazza Travel Answers

change location
jpiombino's Profile Photo

Vernazza beach/water condition

by jpiombino Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 4:48 AM

My family will be traveling to Vernazza again this summer and we have 3 nights set aside for CT. The last two years my wife and I stayed in Vernazza and it was the highlight of our vacation to Italy. I am hoping to stay again this summer but I really enjoy the water and the beaches. From some pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like there has been much progress in respect to the beach? We are looking to book our accommodations but responses from the Renters are unsure about if the water quality will be acceptable to bathe in by June/July. Anyone have any insight on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • markschaaf's Profile Photo

Re: Vernazza beach/water condition

by markschaaf Online Now May 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I think because of the massive flooding that happened in that area last fall and the fact that everyone is stil scrambling to get things cleaned up so people can visit that it is going to be very difficult them to give you an answer because things there are happening day by day. You may just have to keep checking or go a little farther up or down the coast.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Re: Vernazza beach/water condition

by globetrott Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I was there in May 2013 and saw hundreds of People Swimming, sunbathing etc. there on the tiny beach of Vernazza, so everything is obviously fine again !

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines