Vernazza Travel Answers

change location

Eating in Vernazza

by agatonsax Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Hallo.
I am going to Monterossa al Mare in August and I been told that its a lot of turist there at that time. I would like to go to vernazza one afternoon and eat there. Is it nessesary to book a table at a resturant? and what is the best plays to eat in Vernazze?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rjsol's Profile Photo

Re: Eating in Vernazza

by rjsol Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Yes. There are three places worth mentioning, they will all be filled up. Choose the Il Pirata on the beginning of the main street, going upstreet from train station. I do not know if their website is working, do a google search to find phone number.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leila12's Profile Photo

Re: Eating in Vernazza

by leila12 Online Now Jun 27, 2008 at 7:46 AM

I would recommend Il Gambero Rosso in Vernazza. A reservation is not necessary, but they do accept reservations and it could be helpful during a very busy night. Also Mikey's in Monterosso is awesome for seafood. The place gets packed so a reservation is suggested.

Also, I had the best foccacia in my life in Vernazza. I don't know the name of the place, but it's the foccacia place on the main street in Vernazza (the town is very small, so you'll find it easily). Wow, their stuff is so amazing that my friend and I ate it 3 times during our 2 day stay in Cinque Terre!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines