Vernazza Travel Answers

change location

Where to Stay with a 16 Month Old Child

by mpoliach Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 2:18 AM

Hi,

I would like to visit Vernazzo in mid-July for a week. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay in Vernazzo or any of the other towns that would be appropriate considering we will have our 16 month old daughter with us. Thank you. Mike

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • chicomom's Profile Photo

Re: Where to Stay with a 16 Month Old Child

by chicomom Online Now May 2, 2007 at 7:38 PM

It will be very crowded in July, but still worth the time. I would sugggest that you stay in Monteroso rather than Vernazza. You can easily hop on the local train and in 2 or 3 minutes be in Vernazza, but Monteroso offers better options for you daughter. There is much beter access to the sea, the only real beach of the 5 villages and even a park and play area for kids. The village is broken into two distinct areas, the new part and the old original section. If you like it more upscale try the new section, I happen to prefer the older section of town. One place to stay that is family friendy is Hotel Amici.The Hotel was full of families with young children when we were there. They have a web site or the phone number 39 0187 817544. Breakfast comes with your room and is of good quality. You have the option to eat dinner there as well. I would not suggest it for every night, but the meal was good the one night we ate there when we were just to tired to move another step.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines