Travel Answers
Vermont

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Great day trips for kids (7 , 10, 11 years old)

Cherokee Village Mar 18, 2015 at 12:14 PM

We are wondering what are some good day trips to entertain kids (ages 7, 10,11)? Looking for both "nature" oriented ideas, to landmarks, or other places of interest.

Thank you,
      Tina

more
    • cabins on beach

Holly Beach Mar 14, 2015 at 7:57 PM

I am trying to find the name of a nice, big cabin on the beach...also want to do some crabbing...

more
    • cabin on the beach

Holly Beach Mar 14, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I need the name of a nice cabin on the beach.... I want to do some crabbing and the some of the family will be more interested in the beach...

more
    • boomers night out

Indianapolis Mar 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM

where is a good place for people in Indy fifty plus to enjoy dancing and meeting people in this age range?

more
    • nightclub in cin

Cincinnati Mar 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM

what is a good urban nightclub to go to

more
    • Greenville, NC restaruants

Greenville Mar 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Names of five (5) restaurants in Greenville, NC that can, and will, accommodate parties of 20 or more comfortably in a private area and have a variety of foods to offer at moderate prices.

more
    • Looking for buddies

North Carolina Mar 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Is anyone willing to take a roadtrip across the USA (from North Carolina to Los Angeles) from May til June?

more
    • Bud56's Profile Photo

Street car to the Erato street cruise terminal in New Orleans?

New Orleans Mar 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Can you take the river line street car to the Erato street cruise terminal in New Orleans?

more
    • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Cherry blossoms

Washington D.C. Mar 23, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I will only have a few days in DC. Will I have a chance to see cherry blossoms end Mar/ early Apr? Where can I see them? Thanks

more
    • Interesting quaint inns

Indiana Mar 22, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Looking for a place to take 65 and older ladies for a lunch -- there would be about 15-20 of us -- around Lafayette, Indiana -- any suggestions ????

more
    • where to stay

Virginia Beach Mar 20, 2015 at 10:11 AM

location wise what would be better Beach Quarters on 5th street or Ocean Sands on 22nd street.

more
    • land taxis

Laughlin Mar 18, 2015 at 1:59 AM

how much to ride from harrahs to the Colorado belle?

more
    • easter sunrise service

Dunnellon Mar 12, 2015 at 7:22 PM

As a little kid i have fond memories of attending sunrise service each easter somewhere close to dunnellon where rainbow river and the withlacoochie meet. Anyone know where exactly that might have been OR if they still do it? I recently moved to fla now and would live to go again

more
    • Weather in colorado

Durango Mar 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM

My fiance and I are going to colorado march 16 for our honeymoon. What's the weather like In march In durango and Estes park ?

more
    • I want to dress up and dance!

Olympia Mar 7, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Where is a place that a single mature lady can go to dance, listen to music in evening dress?

more
    • any good meat markets around Mohave, County?

Kingman Mar 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM

looking for a good place to buy meat? Not Smiths or Walmart. I bought a roast a Smiths and it was 90% fat. its like where's the Beef?

more
    • things in lincon

Lincoln Mar 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM

What are fun indoor things to do in Lincoln with kids

more
    • Making the best of 4 days

Fort Lauderdale Mar 1, 2015 at 4:48 AM

We arrive for 4 days on March 18th. We are in our late 30's and would like a nice mixture of nightlife vs chill out. Any suggestions?

more
    • places to stay

New Orleans 6 hours ago

What are the best affordable places to stay for a 3 day getaway in New Orleans for an engaged couple that will be traveling in a car. Is it better to rent or stay in a hotel. Would like to stay close to the action but not too close.

more
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Where to stay in sSouth Florida Easr Coast

Florida Mar 25, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Hello

I am planning our 7e travel in South Florida for November. Our 1st stop is in Fort Lauderdale but we do not want to drive too much. Our idea is to go North from FL to Fort Pierce. What are the best places to stay on this route.

We wish to stay near the beaches but also in the towns in order to do some visits and see some attractions. Have you proposals for this project. We will have a leasing car.

Are there greyhound races in November ? If I remeber well they begin in December.

We do not foresee to go in the Everglades where we have already gone several times but if you know some thing interesting between the A 75 and the Okeechobee Lake, I would thank you to tell me what.

Thank you for you proposals.

RAY

more
    • 6th and Chestnut

Long Beach Mar 24, 2015 at 7:25 AM

What is the area like near 6th street and chestnut? I am a single 24 year old female looking to rent an apartment in that area and I am getting mixed reviews on the neighborhood. help?!

more
    • Electronics

Soldotna Mar 23, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Is there any electronics stores close by?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Cruise terminal

Oahu Mar 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Taking a cruise in May. Is it best to book the ground transportation with Norwegian ($60 pp!) or take a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal? How easy will it be to get a taxi and what is the approximate cost?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Resort

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Really want to stay here post-cruise. Pretty pricey. Do you think you can get a better rate if you just walk in without a reservation or is it usually pretty booked up? I'm assuming I'd need to rent a car? Any suggestions on the best/least expensive place to rent a car? Should I rent one before travelling or get one when we get there after the cruise?

more
    • scootmobile harbours alaska cruise

Seward Mar 22, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Dear people.

I want to make a cruise trip from Vancouver to Seward..

Our problem is , can we use scootmobile in the harbours and the towns  we passing.

Most of the times we are on board.

If possible a as most detailt answer please.

with kindly regards Theo Salden

more
    • Vermont in Winter

Vermont Oct 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

What is there to do in Vermont during the winter other than skiing and snowboarding? Are there holiday train rides for adults? I saw that there is the Polar Express but that is for children. I'm looking for an adult train ride. What about theatre productions?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • store that sells bulk grade C maple syrup

Vermont Jul 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Last time I went to Vermont, we found a little store with country type things, and a big barrel of grade C maple syrup where you bring your own Jug and paid by weight. I want to go back and get some more this year but I don't remember where that was, and we don't have as many days so want to be sure to find it. Can anyone help?

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    • Dog friendly attractions

Vermont Jul 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM

We will be visiting the Lake Champlain are with our 2 year old Snow Lab and were wondering of dog-friendly attractions. Also, is the Northern Lights Daily Cruises allow dogs?

Thank you.

Rhonda

1 Answer Jul 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM
    • next weekend special

Burlington Jun 26, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Any info about an exhibition of crafts and quilts next weekend?

• dnwitte's Profile Photo

Does Woodstock have a pub?

Woodstock Jun 24, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I know where I can get a $16.00 glass of chardonnay, but does the village center have anything resembling a regular old pub?

• elizium's Profile Photo

A 14 day road trip through Texas from El Paso to the Gulf coast

Texas Jan 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Hi there,
      I got the possibility to travel 14 days in Texas. I will arrrive the 24th of February and leave again from Austin the 11th of March. After reading quite a lot, I decided to go to the area around El Paso and start at Guadalupe National Park and Big Bend National Park. My idea is to follow more or less the mexican boarder and end up at the Gulf coast and heading back to Austin. Does anybody have any Texas road trip experience in here and places, they would like to share with me? I am interested in scenic drives, hiking, rafting and maybe end the trip on the Gulf coast beaches.
      Instead of driving from Austin to El Paso I am considering flying to El Paso and start my road trip there to save time.
      Thank you :-)
      Christian

7 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Transportation

Burlington Dec 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Is there any way to get from Burlington to the Plattsburg airport by public transportation?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Aussies wanting to experience changing of the colours in Vermont.

Vermont Oct 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM

The wife and I have on our bucket list the "changing of the colours" in Vermont October 2014.Should we do an organized tour with Insight or Globus or have you some better alternative.Fire away.Looking forward to your suggestions.Please keep in mind we are in our late 60's.We are experienced travellers but the years are catching up with us.Both in good health.Experienced with motorhoming and B & B's.Thanking you.

2 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Best fall foliage drive

Vermont Jun 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We will be touring Vermont, New Hampshire, and Northern New York this fall by car for a few weeks. We will be leaving Wisconsin on Oct. 5th and will drive the northern route into Canada to New Hampshire and will return going thru Penn., Ind., and Ill. What would be the best route to take in the color and the ambiance of rural New England in NH, Vermont, and NY? What would be the MUST see and do while we are in this areas?

8 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Transportation

Vermont Apr 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My daughter is flying into Dublin on May 14, 2013 at 5:30am and has to get to Shannon Airport to meet with a group she will be traveling with. She is flying into Dublin because there are no direct flights from Boston-Shannon. We are looking for ground transportation!

3 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    • long-term parking in burlington

Vermont Dec 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi-we need to leave our car in a secure parking in burlington for two weeks and travel by Amtrak. Can you tell me how to find and reserve a safe parking spot? thanks.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • UVM to Grand Isle Ferry?

Burlington Sep 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I ma taking a bus to UVM that will arrive at 1am. What is the best/cheapest/safest option to get to the Grand Isle ferry?

• How to get from Burlington VT to Niagara Falls NY?

Burlington Dec 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

what options are there to obtain fare from Burlington VT to Niagara Falls NY?
      Air/Rail/Bus are fine... but most direct, shortest time, lowest cost are all desirables. Time of day or day of week is flexible. Many thanks for your help.

3 Answers Dec 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    • Book of Vermont photos and Robert Frost poems

Vermont Oct 12, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Does anyone know the name of a book containing photos of Vermont and poems, or excerpts from poems, by Robert Frost. All I know is that it has a hard cover, the photos are stunning, and it's not absolutely huge. There is a photo on every second page, with a full poem or a short quote from one on the opposite page.

3 Answers Oct 13, 2011 at 3:36 AM
    • Guys weekend in Burlington in July- what to do?

Vermont Mar 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM

About ten of my buddies are getting together in Burlington in late July this year and I'm looking for fun stuff to do for Friday - Sunday. We're all from out of town and haven't been before. Most of us are late-20's. Things we're interested in trying to do are: brewery tour, cheese farm/tasting, sugar house tour (if they are open during that time of the year?), hiking, Ben & Jerry's tour?

Also, any recommendations on a good place for a large group of guys to stay would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    • bjpreston59's Profile Photo

September in new england

Vermont Feb 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip through Vermont and New Hampshire in September. We will be coming from Ticondaroga NY. I would like to know any points of interest between there and maybe Woodstock. Should we allow a day of sightseeing and spend the night or keep driving on to the white mtns?

4 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    • Where to stay and what route to take from boston

Vermont Sep 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Hi there:

I'll be flying into Boston for work next Saturday (Oct 2nd) and I basically have all of Sunday free to do some sightseeing. I wanted to drive to Vermont on Saturday, stay the night and then see Vermont all of Sunday, and then drive back to Cambridge Sunday evening.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what city to stay in in Vermont? I want to catch the best fall foilage, maybe do a little hiking, visit some small towns. Any hikes with waterfalls? Any recommendations on which route to drive for the best fall foilage or any other not to miss attractions welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Shikha

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • New Years Eve B&B with dinner?

Vermont Aug 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Folks,

After spending a wonderful New Years Eve last winter at a B&B in Woodstock, VT (Lincoln Inn at Covered Bridge) which serves an optional great dinner, we are looking to repeat that experience this year.

Any recommendations for a moderately priced B&B or INN with a great dinner available?

Thanks in advance.

Spedprof

• Lilrhody's Profile Photo

Great hikes near Dover?

Vermont Aug 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Heading up in a couple of weeks and open to any suggestions for some great hikes. Thanks!!!

1 Answer Aug 8, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    • jdowski's Profile Photo

Looking for Freeport ME. equivalent in Vermont ?

Vermont Jul 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Hi All,

We live in CT. and are looking for a weekend getaway in VT in the Fall. We traveled to Freeport, ME. a few years ago and it was a perfect mix of country stuff for me & shopping for my wife. I'd like to find a location in VT. with similar amenities ? We've been to VT. before but my wife found parts to be too "in the middle of nowhere" for her taste.

Any suggestions ?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    • Contact Number for Home Farm Cottages

Stowe Jun 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Can anyone assist with providing a contact number for Home Farm Cottages on Pucker Street , Stowe?
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    • barryb2005's Profile Photo

stowe vermont

Vermont May 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

hi all-- i was wondering if anyone knows if the sunset bar is still up and running just outside stowe vt- think was in or close to cottage club road-- thanks:)

2 Answers Jun 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    • Last minute trip--what to see in Vermont in 2 days and nights

Vermont Mar 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

We are making a last-minute, first-time trip to New Hampshire and Vermont next week. After flying into Manchester, we'll drive through New Hampshire and enter Vermont around St. Johnsbury. Here is our beginning plan for where to drive in Vermont:

Hwy. 15 to Stowe, Waterbury and Montpelier.
      Montpelier on I-89 to Burlington
      Burlington down Hwy. 7 to Woodstock, Ludlow, and Weston
      From here, we need to return to Manchester and can take I-91/I-89 or a more scenic route if there are small towns we should see.

We are interested in the scenery and culture, a little artisian, local food shopping. We have two days and nights. Will this route give us a good overview of Vermont, and can you suggest other stops/routes we should add? Also, we are looking for small, good Bed and Breakfasts where we can enjoy the local culture.
      Tnank you!

• AndyJA's Profile Photo

UK visitor needs to know if $ travellers cheques are widely accepted in Stowe & Vermont

Stowe Feb 10, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Hi

Visiting Stowe in May & have never been to VT before. We are from UK and have only been to Florida in the states previously. In FL they accept Travellers cheques for goods & Services & return any change in's cash - i.e. the traveller cheques are as good as cash and safer to travel with.
      Can anyone tell me whether the same principle applies in Stowe (our main base) and in the rest of Vermont too.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Andy

6 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    • AndyJA's Profile Photo

Weather in May & help with a couple of questions please.

Stowe Jan 17, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hi

My wife & I are visiting Stowe in Vermont for the first time this year and trying to prepare for the best New England experience.
      Just a few of questions if anyone can help please.

1. We are in Stowe (Green Mountain Inn) 8th-18th May '10 - What's the weather usually like at this time? - mainly need to know for what clothing to bring (is there a big difference between day & night temps?)

2. We would like to undertake a few circular hikes 4-8 miles approx. Any ideas for locations. We have transport, so happy to drive up to an hour from Stowe to start. Really looking for spectacular scenery and local wild life.

3. We would also like to take a canoe out on a lake for a few hours. We are newcomers to this, but want to experience it during our trip. If anyone has any suggestions for a good location & company who hires boats we would appreciate your local knowledge.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Andy Atkinson
      Chesterfield
      England

4 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    • Family first visit to vermont. What to see & do.. HELP !

Vermont Jan 14, 2010 at 8:30 PM

My family is from S. Florida and every year at the time / Late Jan. we hit the road to see what the world has to offer. This year we have choosen Vermont! We love the snow and I want to see some of those pretty little towns I hear so much about. Heres the problem I know nothing about Vermont other then what I have read about so some great inside help would be great! If someone would be so kind as to direct us into a nice scenic route, I would like to see Cabot house, Ben & Jerry's, a maple farm,Stowe Alpine Slide & would like a nice place to take the kids tubing. I am open to all. I havent but my finger on lodging yet but it will be a private cabin in the mountains (help with this too would be nice ) We are planning on 5 days in the area, 3 teenage boys, SUV & ready and waiting for any and all help. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • New Years near Woodstock??

Vermont Dec 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM

We two middle-aged couples are staying in Woodstock (Lincoln Inn) for a few days around New Years Eve. We are not skiers. Any recommendations for daily activities in the area?? We'll eat dinner at the Inn once or twice but recs. for nearby restaurants for lunch and other dinner are also appreciated.

Thanks

• New Year's destination for 2

Vermont Nov 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hi everyone, I am trying to find a location for our New Year's holiday in Vermont. Ideally i would like to book a room in an inn/ cabin/ cottage where other people will celebrate as well. My husband and I are looking for a romantic weekend but share the New Year's Eve dinner with others... I have been looking online but everything seems to be addressing more groups than couples.

Any ideas? We would like to spend Dec 30th to Jan 2nd.

Thanks,
      Alina

3 Answers Nov 30, 2009 at 9:49 PM
    • inns in state of Vermont (northeast)

Vermont Sep 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Hi All! My husband and I are travelling to Quebec and want to jog down into Vermont for a couple of nights. Any suggestions for an inn/b & b? Something quiet, clean, friendly, perhaps close to an interesting town.

Many thanks,
      Rhonda

2 Answers Sep 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    • runbirduk's Profile Photo

December destination help

Vermont Aug 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Hi.

My girlfriend has mentioned staying somewhere in Vermont after Christmas and over New Year.

Any help in recommendations (websites) as to where to stay. Coming from New York it would help if the hiring of a vehicle was kept to a minimum although I appreciate this might not be possible given the weather.

Something quiet but not too remote, cabin-like but within a couple of miles of a grocery store or basic shops/diner.

I am not familiar with the area at all but any pointers appreciated.

Chris

7 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 2:05 AM