Vermont

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a guide

Chicago Jan 25, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I am plannig to go to Illinois but Its going to be my first time in the USA, Iam going to do a Course and I need a person who help me to know the city and (better if speaks spanish because I am latin) explain me the way to go from the hotel to the School. Please could you recomend someone or tell me where I can find this kind of service???

thanks a lot

more
    • eggplantbrain's Profile Photo

late arrival

Omaha 23 hours ago

arriving quite late on an evening (may 2015) at the main airport and we will need lodgings for THAT one night. already have a downtown hotel booked for nights following arrival night. question: could anybody recommend a BUDGET motel nearby the airport or, say, halfway between the airport & downtown, or even on the 'fringes' of downtown- something that would be easily accessible by cab from the airport. i have looked at a number of online maps and am finding it difficult getting oriented. lodgings i have considered all seem to be located in 'far- off' areas. we will not be renting a car. any suggestions would be much appreciated. thank you !

more
    • Best way to get to titusville, florida from west palm

Titusville Yesterday

Is there a bus or train that goes from west palm beach florida to titusville florida?

more
    • Searching for a nice, budget friendly hotel near Easton Town Center

Columbus Jan 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Hi,
      Has anyone stayed at the Hawthorne Suites North Hotel?

more
    • Where to stay in Kihei?

Kihei Jan 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM

we are travelling to Maul from April 17 to 25th. We thought Kihei would be a good location as far as being fairly accessible to other points on Maui. Can anyone give us recommendations on either a hotel or Condo location. It is overwhelming looking at all the choices on VRBO. There are many that look good but you never know. We are in our fifties and it is just the 2 of us. Any advice?

more
    • safe area to rent an apartment?

San Antonio Jan 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM

I will be moving to san antonio within the next weeks and would like to know what side of san antonio is the safest? and what do i have to look for when renting an apartment?thank you and hope for a quick response

more
    • Park Location Question

Old Harbor Jan 16, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Where is Glacier View Park located in Old Harbor?

more
    • playoff This Sunday

Fort Walton Beach Jan 15, 2015 at 4:25 AM

seeking recommendations to watch the game while visiting Fort Walton this coming weekend... Along with some good food

GO SEAHAWKS

more
    • Local Business

West Liberty Jan 13, 2015 at 5:14 PM

What is Mountain Marketing and are they a good company?

more
    • Help got a question

Huntsville Jan 12, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Are there any reasonable townhouses in good area ? Less than $700

more
    • Shore fishing Brenneckes Beach?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Staying in the Brenneckes Beach area in mid march. Wondered if it was worthwhile taking a small travel rod along to maybe cast some small spoons or jigs along the rocky shore areas. Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

more
    • Snorkleing South Shore?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Staying at Brenneckes Beach area in mid March. Grandkids want to snorkle. Is there any good places near that beach to snorkle directly from the beach?
      Thanks for any input.

more
    • 18+ Condos

Fort Myers Jan 5, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Are there any condos in Fort Myers that can be rented by 18 year olds?

more
    • temperatures at the end of February?

South Padre Island Jan 1, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Are we likely to have "beach weather" the last week of February?

more
    • need touristic help

Chicago 9 hours ago

Please I am planing to go to Illinois and It would be mi first time in USA, Im going to attend a Course and I like to know if there is a person or a service that you can recomend me to help me to know a little bit of the city and that explain me the best way to go from the course to my hotel. (I am latin so if speaks spanish it would be great)

Thank you for your response

more
    • Best Taxi Service?

Orlando 12 hours ago

I am looking for good, reliable, and affordable taxi/limo service that will take me from the Amtrak Station in Orlando to the Port Orleans Resort, Riverside. Any suggestions?

more
    • vacation house

Dauphin Island Yesterday

I am looking for a reasonably priced vacation spot for my family. We would prefer a house within walking distance to the gulf/beach. Suggestions?

more
    • Hotel or overnight stay in Florida Keys

Florida Keys Jan 27, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I will be motorcycling to Key west Florida in Late March or April of 2015. I have been checking some hotels and they are awful expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on were to stay for a night or 2 in the Florida Keys?

Thanks

Tom

more
    • glassstar's Profile Photo

Highland Beach area - Public Transit

Florida Jan 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Is Highland Beach served by local public transit (bus service)? Can anyone confirm local service within the HB area?

If not, what would be my nearest point of connection to HB should I have to use an alternative? Amtrak into Delray Beach or a point nearer Miami (Boca Raton) then taxi?

Thanks.

more
    • Yosemite Lakes RV or Yosemite Pines RV?

Yosemite National Park Jan 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hi, has anyone stayed at either of these RV campgrounds outside the park? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Best sport bar to watch NBA All-Star game

Oahu Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be on Oahu on Feb 15th, when NBA All-Start game commences in NY at 3:30pm.
      Could you please advice a sport bar, somewhere in Honolulu or Kailua, where I can watch it live? It will be broadcasted on TNT channel.

From the web-search, RoundTable Pizza and Armbar Sports Bar and Grill seems good. Any better options?
      Your help is much appreciated, I absolutely cannot afford missing this game.

Thanks,
      Oleg

more
    • FatihE's Profile Photo

Rent-a-car

Oahu Jan 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Dear friends, hello :) My first post in VT.

Will be in Oahu, Hawai between 24-31 January 2015. I wonder whether we may easily find a free parking around the Marine Tower Waikiki Hotel. Actually daily rental price and overnight parking fees seem the same, thats insane. Or do i need really a car to enjoy the ilsland at all ?

Any help will be much than appreciated.

more
    • arielmarie17's Profile Photo

An Idaho Vacation

Idaho Jan 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM

My boyfriend has some cabin fever, we started planning our vacation for this summer he would like to get out and about in Idaho. I grew up in the Treasure Valley and we have done most of the cool things around the TV, we are looking for must see cool things in Northern, Centeral, and Eastern Idaho areas. We are going to camp most of the time with three dogs(EP!) but we would love to see the less known things in Idaho. He grew up in California and I am excited to show him the vast differences that Idaho has to offer. Any ideas or recommendations for our trip?

more
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg

Tennessee Jan 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM

I do not like to drive. Which one of these cities has shuttle services between the airport to the resorts? Is there public transportation between the airport and the resorts?

more
    • Float plane

Juneau Jan 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Going to Juneau in June. Debating whether to take a 5 glacier float plane tour or just go to Mendenhall Glacier?? I realize these are two different experiences. We will be on a cruise doing just the inside passage for the week. Guess I am wondering if we will see enough of glaciers on the cruise. Thanks so much. Of course any suggestions are appreciated.

more
    • Vermont in Winter

Vermont Oct 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

What is there to do in Vermont during the winter other than skiing and snowboarding? Are there holiday train rides for adults? I saw that there is the Polar Express but that is for children. I'm looking for an adult train ride. What about theatre productions?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • store that sells bulk grade C maple syrup

Vermont Jul 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Last time I went to Vermont, we found a little store with country type things, and a big barrel of grade C maple syrup where you bring your own Jug and paid by weight. I want to go back and get some more this year but I don't remember where that was, and we don't have as many days so want to be sure to find it. Can anyone help?

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    • Dog friendly attractions

Vermont Jul 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM

We will be visiting the Lake Champlain are with our 2 year old Snow Lab and were wondering of dog-friendly attractions. Also, is the Northern Lights Daily Cruises allow dogs?

Thank you.

Rhonda

1 Answer Jul 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM
    • next weekend special

Burlington Jun 26, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Any info about an exhibition of crafts and quilts next weekend?

• dnwitte's Profile Photo

Does Woodstock have a pub?

Woodstock Jun 24, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I know where I can get a $16.00 glass of chardonnay, but does the village center have anything resembling a regular old pub?

• elizium's Profile Photo

A 14 day road trip through Texas from El Paso to the Gulf coast

Texas Jan 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Hi there,
      I got the possibility to travel 14 days in Texas. I will arrrive the 24th of February and leave again from Austin the 11th of March. After reading quite a lot, I decided to go to the area around El Paso and start at Guadalupe National Park and Big Bend National Park. My idea is to follow more or less the mexican boarder and end up at the Gulf coast and heading back to Austin. Does anybody have any Texas road trip experience in here and places, they would like to share with me? I am interested in scenic drives, hiking, rafting and maybe end the trip on the Gulf coast beaches.
      Instead of driving from Austin to El Paso I am considering flying to El Paso and start my road trip there to save time.
      Thank you :-)
      Christian

7 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Transportation

Burlington Dec 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Is there any way to get from Burlington to the Plattsburg airport by public transportation?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Aussies wanting to experience changing of the colours in Vermont.

Vermont Oct 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM

The wife and I have on our bucket list the "changing of the colours" in Vermont October 2014.Should we do an organized tour with Insight or Globus or have you some better alternative.Fire away.Looking forward to your suggestions.Please keep in mind we are in our late 60's.We are experienced travellers but the years are catching up with us.Both in good health.Experienced with motorhoming and B & B's.Thanking you.

2 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Best fall foliage drive

Vermont Jun 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We will be touring Vermont, New Hampshire, and Northern New York this fall by car for a few weeks. We will be leaving Wisconsin on Oct. 5th and will drive the northern route into Canada to New Hampshire and will return going thru Penn., Ind., and Ill. What would be the best route to take in the color and the ambiance of rural New England in NH, Vermont, and NY? What would be the MUST see and do while we are in this areas?

8 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Transportation

Vermont Apr 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My daughter is flying into Dublin on May 14, 2013 at 5:30am and has to get to Shannon Airport to meet with a group she will be traveling with. She is flying into Dublin because there are no direct flights from Boston-Shannon. We are looking for ground transportation!

3 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    • long-term parking in burlington

Vermont Dec 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi-we need to leave our car in a secure parking in burlington for two weeks and travel by Amtrak. Can you tell me how to find and reserve a safe parking spot? thanks.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • UVM to Grand Isle Ferry?

Burlington Sep 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I ma taking a bus to UVM that will arrive at 1am. What is the best/cheapest/safest option to get to the Grand Isle ferry?

• How to get from Burlington VT to Niagara Falls NY?

Burlington Dec 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

what options are there to obtain fare from Burlington VT to Niagara Falls NY?
      Air/Rail/Bus are fine... but most direct, shortest time, lowest cost are all desirables. Time of day or day of week is flexible. Many thanks for your help.

3 Answers Dec 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    • Book of Vermont photos and Robert Frost poems

Vermont Oct 12, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Does anyone know the name of a book containing photos of Vermont and poems, or excerpts from poems, by Robert Frost. All I know is that it has a hard cover, the photos are stunning, and it's not absolutely huge. There is a photo on every second page, with a full poem or a short quote from one on the opposite page.

3 Answers Oct 13, 2011 at 3:36 AM
    • Guys weekend in Burlington in July- what to do?

Vermont Mar 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM

About ten of my buddies are getting together in Burlington in late July this year and I'm looking for fun stuff to do for Friday - Sunday. We're all from out of town and haven't been before. Most of us are late-20's. Things we're interested in trying to do are: brewery tour, cheese farm/tasting, sugar house tour (if they are open during that time of the year?), hiking, Ben & Jerry's tour?

Also, any recommendations on a good place for a large group of guys to stay would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    • bjpreston59's Profile Photo

September in new england

Vermont Feb 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip through Vermont and New Hampshire in September. We will be coming from Ticondaroga NY. I would like to know any points of interest between there and maybe Woodstock. Should we allow a day of sightseeing and spend the night or keep driving on to the white mtns?

4 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    • Where to stay and what route to take from boston

Vermont Sep 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Hi there:

I'll be flying into Boston for work next Saturday (Oct 2nd) and I basically have all of Sunday free to do some sightseeing. I wanted to drive to Vermont on Saturday, stay the night and then see Vermont all of Sunday, and then drive back to Cambridge Sunday evening.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what city to stay in in Vermont? I want to catch the best fall foilage, maybe do a little hiking, visit some small towns. Any hikes with waterfalls? Any recommendations on which route to drive for the best fall foilage or any other not to miss attractions welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Shikha

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • New Years Eve B&B with dinner?

Vermont Aug 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Folks,

After spending a wonderful New Years Eve last winter at a B&B in Woodstock, VT (Lincoln Inn at Covered Bridge) which serves an optional great dinner, we are looking to repeat that experience this year.

Any recommendations for a moderately priced B&B or INN with a great dinner available?

Thanks in advance.

Spedprof

• Lilrhody's Profile Photo

Great hikes near Dover?

Vermont Aug 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Heading up in a couple of weeks and open to any suggestions for some great hikes. Thanks!!!

1 Answer Aug 8, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    • jdowski's Profile Photo

Looking for Freeport ME. equivalent in Vermont ?

Vermont Jul 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Hi All,

We live in CT. and are looking for a weekend getaway in VT in the Fall. We traveled to Freeport, ME. a few years ago and it was a perfect mix of country stuff for me & shopping for my wife. I'd like to find a location in VT. with similar amenities ? We've been to VT. before but my wife found parts to be too "in the middle of nowhere" for her taste.

Any suggestions ?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    • Contact Number for Home Farm Cottages

Stowe Jun 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Can anyone assist with providing a contact number for Home Farm Cottages on Pucker Street , Stowe?
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    • barryb2005's Profile Photo

stowe vermont

Vermont May 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

hi all-- i was wondering if anyone knows if the sunset bar is still up and running just outside stowe vt- think was in or close to cottage club road-- thanks:)

2 Answers Jun 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    • Last minute trip--what to see in Vermont in 2 days and nights

Vermont Mar 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

We are making a last-minute, first-time trip to New Hampshire and Vermont next week. After flying into Manchester, we'll drive through New Hampshire and enter Vermont around St. Johnsbury. Here is our beginning plan for where to drive in Vermont:

Hwy. 15 to Stowe, Waterbury and Montpelier.
      Montpelier on I-89 to Burlington
      Burlington down Hwy. 7 to Woodstock, Ludlow, and Weston
      From here, we need to return to Manchester and can take I-91/I-89 or a more scenic route if there are small towns we should see.

We are interested in the scenery and culture, a little artisian, local food shopping. We have two days and nights. Will this route give us a good overview of Vermont, and can you suggest other stops/routes we should add? Also, we are looking for small, good Bed and Breakfasts where we can enjoy the local culture.
      Tnank you!

• AndyJA's Profile Photo

UK visitor needs to know if $ travellers cheques are widely accepted in Stowe & Vermont

Stowe Feb 10, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Hi

Visiting Stowe in May & have never been to VT before. We are from UK and have only been to Florida in the states previously. In FL they accept Travellers cheques for goods & Services & return any change in's cash - i.e. the traveller cheques are as good as cash and safer to travel with.
      Can anyone tell me whether the same principle applies in Stowe (our main base) and in the rest of Vermont too.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Andy

6 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    • AndyJA's Profile Photo

Weather in May & help with a couple of questions please.

Stowe Jan 17, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hi

My wife & I are visiting Stowe in Vermont for the first time this year and trying to prepare for the best New England experience.
      Just a few of questions if anyone can help please.

1. We are in Stowe (Green Mountain Inn) 8th-18th May '10 - What's the weather usually like at this time? - mainly need to know for what clothing to bring (is there a big difference between day & night temps?)

2. We would like to undertake a few circular hikes 4-8 miles approx. Any ideas for locations. We have transport, so happy to drive up to an hour from Stowe to start. Really looking for spectacular scenery and local wild life.

3. We would also like to take a canoe out on a lake for a few hours. We are newcomers to this, but want to experience it during our trip. If anyone has any suggestions for a good location & company who hires boats we would appreciate your local knowledge.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Andy Atkinson
      Chesterfield
      England

4 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    • Family first visit to vermont. What to see & do.. HELP !

Vermont Jan 14, 2010 at 8:30 PM

My family is from S. Florida and every year at the time / Late Jan. we hit the road to see what the world has to offer. This year we have choosen Vermont! We love the snow and I want to see some of those pretty little towns I hear so much about. Heres the problem I know nothing about Vermont other then what I have read about so some great inside help would be great! If someone would be so kind as to direct us into a nice scenic route, I would like to see Cabot house, Ben & Jerry's, a maple farm,Stowe Alpine Slide & would like a nice place to take the kids tubing. I am open to all. I havent but my finger on lodging yet but it will be a private cabin in the mountains (help with this too would be nice ) We are planning on 5 days in the area, 3 teenage boys, SUV & ready and waiting for any and all help. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • New Years near Woodstock??

Vermont Dec 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM

We two middle-aged couples are staying in Woodstock (Lincoln Inn) for a few days around New Years Eve. We are not skiers. Any recommendations for daily activities in the area?? We'll eat dinner at the Inn once or twice but recs. for nearby restaurants for lunch and other dinner are also appreciated.

Thanks

• New Year's destination for 2

Vermont Nov 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hi everyone, I am trying to find a location for our New Year's holiday in Vermont. Ideally i would like to book a room in an inn/ cabin/ cottage where other people will celebrate as well. My husband and I are looking for a romantic weekend but share the New Year's Eve dinner with others... I have been looking online but everything seems to be addressing more groups than couples.

Any ideas? We would like to spend Dec 30th to Jan 2nd.

Thanks,
      Alina

3 Answers Nov 30, 2009 at 9:49 PM
    • inns in state of Vermont (northeast)

Vermont Sep 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Hi All! My husband and I are travelling to Quebec and want to jog down into Vermont for a couple of nights. Any suggestions for an inn/b & b? Something quiet, clean, friendly, perhaps close to an interesting town.

Many thanks,
      Rhonda

2 Answers Sep 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    • runbirduk's Profile Photo

December destination help

Vermont Aug 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Hi.

My girlfriend has mentioned staying somewhere in Vermont after Christmas and over New Year.

Any help in recommendations (websites) as to where to stay. Coming from New York it would help if the hiring of a vehicle was kept to a minimum although I appreciate this might not be possible given the weather.

Something quiet but not too remote, cabin-like but within a couple of miles of a grocery store or basic shops/diner.

I am not familiar with the area at all but any pointers appreciated.

Chris

7 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 2:05 AM