Verdun-sur-Meuse

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Catholic Cemetery

by texasnana Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

My question is and I so hope you can help me. My brother was born and died Nov 1954 at the army base in Verdun France.We were told that he was buried in a catholic cemetery right outside the gates of the base and I have been trying to no avail to find the name of it. Does anyone know of a catholic cemetery by Maginot army base. I would be so grateful if anyone knows. Thank you so much.

Beverly Hill bjhilltx@yahoo.com

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • How Can I Get to Chatel Chehery?

by dennisfromohio Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I am visiting the Verdun area in Nov 2010. I want to get to a small village called Chatel Chehery, about 30 miles to the northwest of Verdun. Besides renting a car, are there any other options? Is taxi feasible? Any local buses?
      Is hitchhiking from Verdun safe? (I can only drive an automatic transmission, so stick shift is out. I know renting a car would be the best, but I've never driven outside the U.S., so I am not particularly eager to try, except if there is no other good option) Is there anyone who lives in Verdun or Sainte Menehould who would be willing to give me a lift (I'd be happy to pay, of course)? Merci.

Dennis Heritage
      Mentor, Ohio USA

3 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 6:51 AM