Veraval Travel Answers

change location

searching a temple into the sea

by ambithambi Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM

where is the temple where paandavas worshipped Lord Shiva, which is surrounded by sea?
It is said,At time of pooja, the sea water paves way for the pilgrims.
After the pooja is over again the water surrounds temple.
Is it true ?
Some told that temple is near veraval.
if you know about the temple pl answer me.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: searching a temple into the sea

by mehulraj Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM

At Koliyak, a village at the Bhavnagar district in the Gujarat state of India, people reach out to the Shiva temple about 1.5 kilometers into the sea. In this historic place, Pandavas, the heroic brothers worshipped the lingas that are symbolic of Lord Shiva after the fierce battle in which they killed their evil cousins as narrated in the epic Mahabharat.
    Think of a temple in the weirdest of places. Under the sea. But then, the Hindus have built their temples over the hills and mountains, inside the caves, at the sea shore, near the water falls…where ever nature reveals itself in all its grandeur and pristine beauty. The temple I am talking about is Nishkalank Mahadev’s temple (Nishkalank – blemish-less or sinless; Mahadev – Lord Shiva), and it is under water during high tides in the sea and emerges during low tides to reveal itself majestically, promising its devotees to wash away all sins. As it did for the Pandavas in the epic Mahabharata, when they wanted to atone for the sin of killing their brethren, even though they were all evil incarnated.

Read more: trifter.com/asia-pacific/ind...

I HOPE THIS GIVES ANSWER TO UR QUESTION.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines