change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ljds's Profile Photo

Music Stores in Milan

Milan Jul 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Can anyone give me info on the best violin stores in Milan please, thanks in advance.

more
    • JanetB28's Profile Photo

equipment rental

Madonna di Campiglio Jul 27, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend equipment rental for climbing in the mountains? I need harnesses and helmets.

thanks,
      Janet

more
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Genoa

Genoa Jul 27, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Hello,

Can i ask about the best night club in Genoa, i mean for dancing ?

Thank you :)

more
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Napoli

Naples Jul 27, 2015 at 12:46 AM

Hello,

Can i ask about the best night club in Napoli i mean for dancing ?

more
    • Family bike rides

Sirmione Jul 26, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Hello, we are traveling to lake Garda in August and would like to hire bikes. Does anyone know of any easy bike rides from Riva del Garda or Sirmione that would be suitable for young children (8 and 10)?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for outdoorsy activities suitable for children at or near either of these locations?

We'll be staying in Sirmione for the second part of the holiday and we're hoping to use this as a base to explore places such as Venice and Verona- are the roads around Sirmione likely to be very congested?
      Many thanks!

more
    • Milenija's Profile Photo

Thinking of studying in Politecnico di Bari

Bari Jul 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I am from Serbia, I have one more year of high school and i plan on continuing my education in Italy. The options are still open but i plan on studying in Politecnico di Bari as the south of the country is closer to me and probably less expensive that the north. Now i am only Google searching Bari, but i would like someone that had experience with studying in Bari(Italians or foreigners opinion welcome) to tell me how is it. I am also curious about the sea, since it is a port city i believe the water is not the cleanest to bath in? Also just open for experiences and recommendations of Bari citizens and students. Grazie!

more
    • gaymartin3's Profile Photo

Bus from Caserta to Salerno to Vietri?

Caserta Jul 22, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Any one know the travel time and cost for a bus from Caserta Train Station to Salerno to Vietri?

more
    • Any bus metro map in Florence?

Florence Jul 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Would like to have bus metro map in Florence

more
    • public transportation in italy

Portofino Jul 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

how can i use public transportation to tour from portofino to cinque terre to lucca?

more
    • Restaurants

Italy Jul 16, 2015 at 2:26 AM

Any good village/hilltop restaurants around the town of Bucine,Italy

more
    • Textile factory inZoagli

Zoagli Jul 14, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Several years ago we visited a Textile factory in Zoqgli, What is the name , address and email?

more
    • beefsteak florentine

Lido Jul 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM

I am handicapped and have to stay on Lido...Is there a good restaurant on Lido where I can get a delicious bistecca fiorentina (florentine beefsteak)?

more
    • Forio or Lacco Ameno

Ischia Jul 11, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Hello,
      I plan to spend 7 days on lovely Ischia in September. Traveling there with my mum of 60 years. There is a choice of booking similar hotels in either Forio or Lacco Ameno. We will not be driving, only taxi and public transport. Which location would be better please?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • from Poggibonsi to Firenca

Poggibonsi Jul 31, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Dear,

can you tell me best way to visit Florence and Siena from Poggibonsi.
      1. is there trains station or bus station wich goes to florence/siena
      2. is better to travel with train or bus
      3. how often are bus/train departures
      4. how much is cost of ticket ?

thank you for your time

more
    • Safety in Cannalonga

Italy Jul 30, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Is it safe to drive and visit in Cannalonga, Campania, Italy?

more
    • TAXI SERVICE

Sestri Levante Jul 29, 2015 at 2:16 PM

WE ARRIVE IN SESTRI LEVANTE NY TRAIN AND ARE STAYING IN THE VIS A VIS HOTEL. IS TAXI THE BEST WAY TO GET THERE AND WHAT WOULD THE FARE BE?

more
    • Car Parking

Montecatini Terme Jul 29, 2015 at 8:47 AM

We are staying in Montecatini Terme and are planning to hire a car to visit Florence, Pisa and other areas of Tuscany. Unfortunately our hotel does not have a car park. Will we be able to park easily for our week stay or will it be very expensive and annoying to have to pay meters all day and night? Thank you in advance for your advices. Alan.

more
    • moscit's Profile Photo

Planning Visit Early August

Gran Sasso d'Italia Jul 29, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Can anyone provide insight on what to expect in tems of temperature and weather in Campo Imperatore during the first weeks of August?

We'll be going up just for the day by car and mosly using it to get around but just want to get a better idea on what to wear (i.e. long pants vs shorts, t-shirt and jacket vs sweater and jacket)?

Thanks
      Mark

more
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Florence

Florence Jul 27, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hello,

Can i ask about the best night club in Florence , i mean for dancing ?

more
    • JanetB28's Profile Photo

bus service

Madonna di Campiglio Jul 26, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Hi does the bus run from madonna di campiglio to trento on Saturdays?
      thanks!

more
    • Seeing Salerno in a few hours

Salerno Jul 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM

I will be on a cruise in September visiting Salerno. We have an excursion booked for the morning to Pompeii which leaves us the afternoon to visit Salerno. what is the best way to get to the historical center of Salerno from the cruise terminal. Is Centro Storico part of the historical center?

more
    • Bus No. and Destination!

Genoa Jul 24, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Would any one please help me to understand bus no. with roads and destination of genoa city. Thnx

more
    • Milan metro rail system.

Milan Jul 22, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Hi...
      I have some very basic queries relating to metro rail system.

How to purchase and validate ticket in milan metro/ suburban train system?

Does a 3 day pass ticket provide unlimited travels in urban/metro lines for 48 hours?
      Or is it better to purchase for a carnae as I will be travelling frequently inside the Milan city for a week?

Thanks.........

more
    • Menaggio suggestions

Menaggio Jul 20, 2015 at 6:57 PM

We are staying at the Grand Hotel Menaggio in September. It's our first time there so would appreciate any information, ie how far is is from town, recommended places to eat/drink, must see and do's

more
    • Ventimiglia to Monaco

by Nathanielwade1 Online Now Feb 19, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Hello. I am travelling to Italy next month and after landing in Milan, I am going to Monaco for the first 2 days. I have a train booked from Milano Centrale to Ventimilgia but want to know the best way to get from Ventimiglia to Monaco.
      And how to get from that location to my hotel, in la Condamine. Any help and insider knowledge would be great! Thanks in advance!

12 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 3:59 AM
    • mediaqueen's Profile Photo

Anyone know the names of these 2 places in the old town

by mediaqueen Online Now Jan 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM

There was a small church in old town that I went in to it was along it was near a little store where I had a bowl of wonderful soup

Also near the Cathedral there was this pink building it was partly blocked off

photos attached

thank you  

6 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • mediaqueen's Profile Photo

name of the park in Ventimiglia

by mediaqueen Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 2:46 PM

When I arrived in Ventimiglia I walked through a park before I got to the waterfront would any one know the name of this park it had a war memorial

8 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 1:18 PM
    • Nice to Pisa

by chocolate1982 Online Now Sep 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Hi

I am going to Pisa from Nice on Saturday and I am looking to take public transport as the Eurolines bus is too expensive.

I am thinking about catching bus 100 from Nice to Menton but then how do I get from Menton to Pisa?

Is there a local company that goes from Menton to Ventamiglia and then another local company that goes from Ventamiglia to Pisa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

11 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

To Roman ruins from railway station

by Muscovite Online Now Sep 20, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I am trying to locate the ancient Roman theatre in Ventimiglia - do I get right that it is between Coeso Genova and the railway?
      Is it a walkable distance, or should one take any transportation, and which?
      Thanks!

7 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • CaitlinBrigitte's Profile Photo

Buying tickets on the day.

by CaitlinBrigitte Online Now May 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to purchase connecting tickets at Ventimiglia station to Nice on the day of travel?

Will it cost a fortune? and is all very user friendly?

Many Thanks!

7 Answers May 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • changing train

by europe66 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM

50 minutes is it enough to change from a train to another ?

4 Answers May 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    • Car rental

by RSD... Online Now May 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hi..... Is there a car rental close to the train station in ventimiglia.

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Trains in Oct?

by shamrocksjill Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 5:28 AM

I am trying to plan our trip between Milan and Ventimiglia in Oct. but when I look at the Eurail time tables, I don't see any trains available. Am I missing something about this particular route? Are there really no trains connecting these cities?

8 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    • DebbieH20's Profile Photo

Taxi-Ventimiglia

by DebbieH20 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM

How easy is it to get a reliable taxi in Ventimiglia to hotel La Riserva Di Castel D Appio?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Ventimiglia to Levanto!

by Jennifermorcom Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I am travelling from Avignon to Levanto by train with a 10 minute change at Nice Ville and a 19 minute change at Ventimiglia if I want to catch the Intercity to Levanto. As all the connections depend on the trains being on time I thought maybe I would be better grabbing something to eat at Ventimiglia station and catching the Regional train which departs later and has no changes. Does anyone know what the facilities are like at Ventimiglia station how easy is it to buy rail tickets there and how comfortable is the regional train as it seems to stop every 5 minutes but al least I don't have any changes. How busy is it likely to be beginning of May as I will have already been travelling 6 hours by train and looking to another four and a half on this train. Has anyone been on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • Any all night bars showing football? I want to see Italy v England with Italian fans here.

by Ian4420 Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Any all night bars showing football? I want to see Italy v England with Italian fans here.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • MicheleG8's Profile Photo

Michellegurges@aol.com

by MicheleG8 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Gan we get a bus from Ventimelia train station to Hanbury Gardens?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • MicheleG8's Profile Photo

Michellegurges@aol.com

by MicheleG8 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Gan we get a bus from Ventimelia train station to Hanbury Gardens?

5 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM
    • Car Rental in/near train station?

by AmyWebster Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Hi, I am looking for a car rental agency in Ventimiglia, in or close to the train station. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    • danhec's Profile Photo

Pickpockets in Ventimiglia train station

by danhec Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I wear cargo pants and my wallet is always in a side pocket closed with strong Velcro. I thought that was safe until my trip on Friday August 30, 2013.

That afternoon, in Ventimiglia station, while I was about to board the train, suddenly two men came out of nowhere and quickly helped me with my heavy suitcase and knapsack. I appreciated the gesture although I found it strange that I had not seen them coming and that they did not stay on the train after helping me.

It’s only the next morning that I discovered that my wallet was missing. I know for sure that my wallet was in my pocket when I intended to board the train, and that between Ventimiglia and my destination, I did not take it out of my pocket. The Velcro makes it hard to open the pocket and the scratch noise is loud. However, when pulled quickly with force, it’s not as noticeable especially in a noisy environment and among confusion.

Being careful is not enough if one is not totally aware of one’s environment especially in high theft zones. Coincidentally, after I related my story to my sister who lives in France, she told me that the day before she had just watched a TV programme about thefts on the trains between Nice and Ventimiglia, describing my experience. I wish I had seen that programme before boarding my train!

10 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • Train times on Saturday

by SMellsh Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am struggling to find the times of trains from ventigmilia to nice ville tomorrow - we are travelling from Cuneo and will be taking the 14.43 train that arrives in ventigmilia at 16.30. Please can you tell me what times trains run to Nice?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Taxi from railway staion to St. Michael’s church

by Muscovite Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I am still trying to reach St. Michael’s church (see question below)
      Leics, thanks for the schedule – very helpful. Liceo Rossi – is it the famous cave?
      Rosata, saved the link, but I am afraid I cannot ask them to open the church specially for me free of charge in crisis times, and I cannot afford an individual tour either.
      Anyway, one bus in an hour – that’s way too rare, and as it is just 10 minutes’ drive the taxi won’t be too expensive.
      The point is – is there a taxi in Ventimiglia? I’ve never seen any. And how does one hail it?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    • Travelling to Nice

by Gwendol1ne Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My granddaughter has been travelling around Italy on her way tonight to Nice, but there was a delay and she will have missed the last train to Nice is there a bus she can take ? Thank you

6 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    • HOTEL NEAR TRAIN STATION

by CCMaloney Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

WE WILL HAVE TO OVERNIGHT TO MAKE CONNECTIONS FROM MARSEILLES TO FLORENCE. IS THERE A GOOD HOTEL NEAR THE TRAIN STATION? OUR MORNING TRAIN IS VERY EARLY.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

St Michael's church

by Muscovite Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Anyone can tell me the schedule of St.Michael's church in Ventimiglia ?
      Last year it was open only 10 - 12 on Sundays (I mean to go there in September)
      Second question -
      Bus schedule to Ventimiglia Alta fron the railway station. Last year it was once in an hour - not very convenient when one goes from Nice. And climbing on foot is no great choice.
      One can still pay the bus driver in cash - about 1 euro?
      Other tips on Old entimiglia welcome

4 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • Ventimiglia train station to Nice .

by EagerMike Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

On May 30,2013, we travel ,Venizia-Milan-Ventimiglia-Nice ...Arrive Ventimiglia 3:07pm, leave for Nice 3:17 pm . I know what you're thinking but then ,everything is possible, right ! Does anyone have directions inside the train station ? Stairs ? Platform ? Walking corridors to next connection ending Nice ? Etc Etc . We are grateful ,Thank you...Mike, Canada .

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by Unkown Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Can I purchase a ticket from Nice to Ventimiglia on line from the US? I want to take the RE 86035 leaving Nice at 13:55 on Mar 10 2012.

3 Answers Jan 6, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    • Changing trains in Ventimiglia

by harveyshannon Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM

We awill be arriving in Ventimiglia to change trains to Nice (France. Are there porters in Ventimiglia station to help us with our luggage??

Thanks

3 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM
    • Vintimiglia to Latte by bus

by briremdar Online Now Oct 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Is there any bus from Menton (France)or Vintimiglia (Italie) that stops in Latte? Where these buses can be taken? Thx

1 Answer Oct 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • Train holdover

by tysonsmum Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Hi, We will be travelling from Milan to Nice, I would like to know if, when the train stops in Ventimiglia do we need to change platforms. There is a 20 minute holdover (according to time table) so is this enough time to catch the ongoing train to Nice. Many Thanks for any help

2 Answers Dec 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    • Förbindelse

by jocgroning Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Vi landar med flyg 22.05. Hur kan vi lättast ta oss till Ventimiglia?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    • Ventimglia bus to Nice

by lydia66 Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 9:14 AM

We are staying in Nice for a week in April and wish to visit Ventimiglia. Is there a direct bus there from Nice or should we take a bus to Menton and then take the train.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    • GeorgeW's Profile Photo

Man and van or taxi required

by GeorgeW Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM

We need a reasonably priced 'man and van' or taxi to take 12 medium sized suitcases from Torri Superiore to Garavan near Menton on a Sunday in September while we walk across the mountains! Suggestions as to where I find someone.
      Grazie

This is the route!
      maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...

• PASSPORT CONTROL From Ventimiglia into France - by train

by FEAMSTER Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Anyone know if there is passport control on the trains or in the Ventimiglia train station when catching a train to go into France from Ventimiglia (even a TER train?). Similarly, is there any passport control in Menton for those coming into France from Italy. Any advice/info greatly appreciated Thanks!!

8 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM