Ventimiglia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trains in Oct?

by shamrocksjill Online Now Yesterday

I am trying to plan our trip between Milan and Ventimiglia in Oct. but when I look at the Eurail time tables, I don't see any trains available. Am I missing something about this particular route? Are there really no trains connecting these cities?

more
    • Trains in Oct?

by shamrocksjill Online Now Yesterday

I am trying to plan our trip between Milan and Ventimiglia in Oct. but when I look at the Eurail time tables, I don't see any trains available. Am I missing something about this particular route? Are there really no trains connecting these cities?

7 Answers 17 hours ago
    • DebbieH20's Profile Photo

Taxi-Ventimiglia

by DebbieH20 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM

How easy is it to get a reliable taxi in Ventimiglia to hotel La Riserva Di Castel D Appio?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Ventimiglia to Levanto!

by Jennifermorcom Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I am travelling from Avignon to Levanto by train with a 10 minute change at Nice Ville and a 19 minute change at Ventimiglia if I want to catch the Intercity to Levanto. As all the connections depend on the trains being on time I thought maybe I would be better grabbing something to eat at Ventimiglia station and catching the Regional train which departs later and has no changes. Does anyone know what the facilities are like at Ventimiglia station how easy is it to buy rail tickets there and how comfortable is the regional train as it seems to stop every 5 minutes but al least I don't have any changes. How busy is it likely to be beginning of May as I will have already been travelling 6 hours by train and looking to another four and a half on this train. Has anyone been on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • Any all night bars showing football? I want to see Italy v England with Italian fans here.

by Ian4420 Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Any all night bars showing football? I want to see Italy v England with Italian fans here.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • MicheleG8's Profile Photo

Michellegurges@aol.com

by MicheleG8 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Gan we get a bus from Ventimelia train station to Hanbury Gardens?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • MicheleG8's Profile Photo

Michellegurges@aol.com

by MicheleG8 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Gan we get a bus from Ventimelia train station to Hanbury Gardens?

5 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM
    • Car Rental in/near train station?

by AmyWebster Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Hi, I am looking for a car rental agency in Ventimiglia, in or close to the train station. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    • danhec's Profile Photo

Pickpockets in Ventimiglia train station

by danhec Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I wear cargo pants and my wallet is always in a side pocket closed with strong Velcro. I thought that was safe until my trip on Friday August 30, 2013.

That afternoon, in Ventimiglia station, while I was about to board the train, suddenly two men came out of nowhere and quickly helped me with my heavy suitcase and knapsack. I appreciated the gesture although I found it strange that I had not seen them coming and that they did not stay on the train after helping me.

It’s only the next morning that I discovered that my wallet was missing. I know for sure that my wallet was in my pocket when I intended to board the train, and that between Ventimiglia and my destination, I did not take it out of my pocket. The Velcro makes it hard to open the pocket and the scratch noise is loud. However, when pulled quickly with force, it’s not as noticeable especially in a noisy environment and among confusion.

Being careful is not enough if one is not totally aware of one’s environment especially in high theft zones. Coincidentally, after I related my story to my sister who lives in France, she told me that the day before she had just watched a TV programme about thefts on the trains between Nice and Ventimiglia, describing my experience. I wish I had seen that programme before boarding my train!

10 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • Train times on Saturday

by SMellsh Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am struggling to find the times of trains from ventigmilia to nice ville tomorrow - we are travelling from Cuneo and will be taking the 14.43 train that arrives in ventigmilia at 16.30. Please can you tell me what times trains run to Nice?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Taxi from railway staion to St. Michael’s church

by Muscovite Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I am still trying to reach St. Michael’s church (see question below)
      Leics, thanks for the schedule – very helpful. Liceo Rossi – is it the famous cave?
      Rosata, saved the link, but I am afraid I cannot ask them to open the church specially for me free of charge in crisis times, and I cannot afford an individual tour either.
      Anyway, one bus in an hour – that’s way too rare, and as it is just 10 minutes’ drive the taxi won’t be too expensive.
      The point is – is there a taxi in Ventimiglia? I’ve never seen any. And how does one hail it?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    • Travelling to Nice

by Gwendol1ne Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My granddaughter has been travelling around Italy on her way tonight to Nice, but there was a delay and she will have missed the last train to Nice is there a bus she can take ? Thank you

6 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    • HOTEL NEAR TRAIN STATION

by CCMaloney Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

WE WILL HAVE TO OVERNIGHT TO MAKE CONNECTIONS FROM MARSEILLES TO FLORENCE. IS THERE A GOOD HOTEL NEAR THE TRAIN STATION? OUR MORNING TRAIN IS VERY EARLY.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

St Michael's church

by Muscovite Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Anyone can tell me the schedule of St.Michael's church in Ventimiglia ?
      Last year it was open only 10 - 12 on Sundays (I mean to go there in September)
      Second question -
      Bus schedule to Ventimiglia Alta fron the railway station. Last year it was once in an hour - not very convenient when one goes from Nice. And climbing on foot is no great choice.
      One can still pay the bus driver in cash - about 1 euro?
      Other tips on Old entimiglia welcome

4 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • Ventimiglia train station to Nice .

by EagerMike Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

On May 30,2013, we travel ,Venizia-Milan-Ventimiglia-Nice ...Arrive Ventimiglia 3:07pm, leave for Nice 3:17 pm . I know what you're thinking but then ,everything is possible, right ! Does anyone have directions inside the train station ? Stairs ? Platform ? Walking corridors to next connection ending Nice ? Etc Etc . We are grateful ,Thank you...Mike, Canada .

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by Unkown Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Can I purchase a ticket from Nice to Ventimiglia on line from the US? I want to take the RE 86035 leaving Nice at 13:55 on Mar 10 2012.

3 Answers Jan 6, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    • Changing trains in Ventimiglia

by harveyshannon Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM

We awill be arriving in Ventimiglia to change trains to Nice (France. Are there porters in Ventimiglia station to help us with our luggage??

Thanks

3 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM
    • Vintimiglia to Latte by bus

by briremdar Online Now Oct 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Is there any bus from Menton (France)or Vintimiglia (Italie) that stops in Latte? Where these buses can be taken? Thx

1 Answer Oct 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • Train holdover

by tysonsmum Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Hi, We will be travelling from Milan to Nice, I would like to know if, when the train stops in Ventimiglia do we need to change platforms. There is a 20 minute holdover (according to time table) so is this enough time to catch the ongoing train to Nice. Many Thanks for any help

2 Answers Dec 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    • Förbindelse

by jocgroning Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Vi landar med flyg 22.05. Hur kan vi lättast ta oss till Ventimiglia?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    • Ventimglia bus to Nice

by lydia66 Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 9:14 AM

We are staying in Nice for a week in April and wish to visit Ventimiglia. Is there a direct bus there from Nice or should we take a bus to Menton and then take the train.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    • GeorgeW's Profile Photo

Man and van or taxi required

by GeorgeW Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM

We need a reasonably priced 'man and van' or taxi to take 12 medium sized suitcases from Torri Superiore to Garavan near Menton on a Sunday in September while we walk across the mountains! Suggestions as to where I find someone.
      Grazie

This is the route!
      maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...

• PASSPORT CONTROL From Ventimiglia into France - by train

by FEAMSTER Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Anyone know if there is passport control on the trains or in the Ventimiglia train station when catching a train to go into France from Ventimiglia (even a TER train?). Similarly, is there any passport control in Menton for those coming into France from Italy. Any advice/info greatly appreciated Thanks!!

8 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    • ventimiglia market

by averrill Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Is there any market on saturdays? or only on fridays? if so is it worth a trip from nice?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    • Ventimiglia train station

by mariosD Online Now Jul 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Hey there,

We are going to travel from Milan Centrale to Nice Ville by train (EC 143). According to the train route there is a stop in Ventimiglia train station. Since this station is in the borders of Italy and France do we need to change train at this station or not? Following the European railway site the journey is direct, but could you please clarify this for me.

Kind Regards,
      Marios

3 Answers Jul 27, 2008 at 10:45 PM
    • Spip's Profile Photo

Good Italian Food

by Spip Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Hey there,

Next week we are traveling to Ventimiglia for one week.
      We are looking for some nice italian places to eat. This doesn't have to be grand chique but we love the local life.
      So if you "locals" have some favourite adresses, please let me know.

Looking forward to it,
      Marjorie

2 Answers Mar 25, 2008 at 5:02 AM
    • Bus Travel Ventimiglia to Nice

by JohnRose Online Now Oct 17, 2007 at 1:18 AM

Given the rail strike in France, is there a bus service from Ventimiglia to Nice? Anyone out there who can advise if there is a bus timetable or if not where the bus departs from. Many Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    • train/ bus?

by figaro7 Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Hi! Is there any bus / train that I could take from Ventimiglia to Florence/ Verona/ Venice? Which is the nearest port?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2007 at 9:30 PM
    • taking food home

by anne2526 Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 2:21 PM

Dear Nicelife,
      I am fired up with enthusiasm about your descriptions of Ventimiglia shopping,especially the italian foods, but are we allowed to transport cheeses etc,back to england by air? Isn't there a restriction on carrying foods from one country to another?
      Thanks. Anne2526

1 Answer Jun 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    • Turino to Ventimiglia

by dhrn Online Now Aug 13, 2004 at 6:27 PM

We'll be there in October and wonder if there are trains or touring buses that run this route and would it be great scenery? Also what sights would be worth stopping over for? Food along the way or should we bring with us? Thanks. Donna

2 Answers Aug 14, 2004 at 5:17 AM
    • NiceLife's Profile Photo

How have the Monaco tunnel works affected the Friday Market?

by NiceLife Online Now Jan 25, 2004 at 10:35 AM

We were shocked that rail travel between Italy and France has been cut off for so long by the Monaco tunnel works. How has this affected the Friday market and the health of the local business?

3 Answers Jun 20, 2004 at 11:44 PM