change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Tropea / Reggio Calabria to Stromboli / Volcano

Tropea Yesterday

Hi,
      we will be in Zambrone since 15/06 till 20/06.

Do You think there will be a chance to hike near the volcano of Stromboli in this timing?
      I read that the ferries are starting since 20/06. Maybe some small agency can offer this trip....?

But I am not interessted in one of those mentioned trips, where You can just visit the Stromboli for 1 hour and use it for shopping or something and then You can see the island just from the boat. We would like to have a hiking trip to see it really from the top.

We will have a car, so we can depart from both areas, Tropea or Reggio Calabria.

If there will be a combination let's say with Volcano island, it would be completely perfect. But this would not be probably possible to combine during one day.

Thanks in advance for Your advices and recommendations or experiences.

S.

more
    • Safe location for one night

Genoa Apr 17, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Hi, I have read Genoa can be dicey at night. We are staying just one night before getting train to Levanto.
      We love eating out in authentic restaurants, so, looking for safe accommodation near good (authentic/local) restaurants

Thanks

more
    • Best bars in Navigli for a hen weekend

Milan Apr 13, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi. we arrive in Navigli District at the end of May. We are a group of 13 mixed aged women (21years - 58years!) We are looking for the best bars to go to for good drinks and music. Are there any cocktail bars? or any bar recommendations out there?
      Thanks

more
    • AREA to stay in Elba

Isola d' Elba Apr 9, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Travelling to Elba with my Mum and Dad at the end of May, beginning of June.

Due to the Bus time tables from Florence, we would be on Elba for 4nights.

Ideally like to pick 1 hotel for the 4nights, and do day trips from that base.

Tried to research the best area to stay in Elba, with no luck. Suggestions seem to be;

Marina di Campo/ Porto Azzuro/ Cavoli.

Obviously I need to narrow it down to 1.
      They are both 50yrs old, we would like to see all of the 'touristy' things that Elba has to offer, and also a couple of walks, and a beach.

So in short, best AREA to stay in Elba.

Thanks

more
    • Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Bocelli in Reggia di Caserta

Naples Apr 3, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I want to attend a Bocelli concert at the Garden Reggia di Caserta. Where would the best place to stay be and is there easy access or transportation?

more
    • suggest a Hotel plzzzz

Cappadocia Apr 14, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Need to find a decent Cave Hotel / guestroom at Cappaducia, which must have private bath, may be jacuzzi, pool etc and must be located Goreme please. I LL be staying from 3-5 may with my wife n kid... My budget is around 40-50 USD per night, plz

more
    • Giuseppe Zanotti shoes

Florence Apr 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hello, I was wondering if Giuseppe Zanotti's store at The Factory Outlet is any good and how much are the discounts usually. Is it worth going?
      Thanks!

more
    • Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Safe Caserta?

Caserta Apr 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Is Caserta a place you can bike around? It seems people say it is not that nice so I am wondering if I made a mistake to book there three nights. I am going to go to see Bocelli.

more
    • transportation to popular sights

Conca dei Marini Apr 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM

I will be traveling with my family (6 adults and 5 children)....we will be staying in Conca dei Marini - Italy.....please make recommendations for traveling with a large group....we want to go to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Capri, Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi....interested in pizza, mozzarella, gelato making, for kids and Cantina del Vesuvio winery, and lemoncello tour for adults...... please suggest private tours for our large party since I have only been finding cars up to 8 passengers,,,,also maybe private charter to capri....any suggestions appreciated.....thank you.

more
    • Bicycle rental

Montecatini Terme Apr 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Is there any possibilities to rent bicycles in this town ?
      We shall stay for one week, at the Ambrosiano Hotel., between 10 - 17 of April.
      Thanks.

more
    • car service

La Spezia Apr 4, 2015 at 4:14 PM

car service from Pisa airport to La Spezia

more
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

travelling from Naples to Matera

Matera Apr 1, 2015 at 4:33 AM

Is it possible to travel directly from Naples to Matera by bus?
      Are there any interesting places to stop overnight on this route?

more
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

transfer from Naples to Matera

Italy Apr 1, 2015 at 4:27 AM

In April I am planning to travel from Naples to Matera but as I cannot leave until the evening I may have to stop somewhere on the way. Does anyone know of any buses that do this journey? Can anyone recommend an interesting place to stay en route?

more
    • Any Lake Bolsena experiences

Italy Mar 30, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Staying in Orvieto and thinking a day trip to Lake Bolsena might be fun (Reminds me of Lake Tahoe).
      I'm familiar with the Fleur Kinson book but happy to hear VTer experiences (or nearby suggestions).

more
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Ferry to Sardinia

Livorno Mar 29, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hello folks,
      Checking option of ferry to Sardegna and back, this week-end.
      Staying in Florence.
      Will be greatful for any personal experience and tips.
      Thanks,
      Avi

more
    • Language class in Crotone?

Crotone Mar 25, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Ciao - Ho intenzione di trascorrere qualche settimana in Crotone questo autunno e sto cercando l'opportunità di imparare un po 'di lingua italiana. Qualcuno sa di una classe per gli stranieri insegnato a Crotone? Grazie.

more
    • Ferry to Lugano

Porlezza Mar 24, 2015 at 8:05 PM

We plan to take the ferry from Porlezza to Lugano after traveling by bus from Menaggio. Can anyone advise me please if the bus stop is anywhere near the ferry wharf? Also the timetable suggests there is only one ferry per day, is this correct?
      Any advice would be much appreciated.

more
    • Venice to Cortina

Cortina d'Ampezzo Mar 22, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hi all,

1) what bus/buses should i take if i would like to have a 1 day trip from Venice to Cortina? Please inform what is the website and specify the station name i should take from Venice to Cortina?

2) is the bus station at Cortina the town itself? if not, how do i get there? how much? And would i be able to see all the beautiful landscape/alps/mountains? Or i would need to go outskirts? If yes, how do i go?

3) is 1 day to spend at the town of Cortina too long? Would you recommend any stopovers along the way from Venice to Cortina?

4) I am going with a group of 7 people, if i were to take the 1 day tours or book a van from Venice to Cortina, which tour company or van company would you recommend? and which is cheaper?

thank you so much for answering these questions.

more
    • Glassmaker in Venice

Italy Apr 15, 2015 at 12:21 PM

I am trying to contact a glassmaker in a small, inexpensive shop. He has a full orchestra (in glass) in the window. I purchased some gifts from him which I lost on the way home. I would like to replace them and would like to get them from him as he was very kind and the stop in his store was a sweet moment in our visit.
      Thanks.
      Deb

more
    • sorrento to ischia

Ischia Apr 8, 2015 at 8:12 AM

how do I get to ischia from Sorrento in late october

more
    • Tours for cheese and ham in Parma

Parma Apr 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM

We want to visit a cheese-making factory or dairy and a prosciutto-making business/farm. Prices for 5 hour tours are expensive--$650 for 3 of us. I have emailed a dairy that I found on VT (thanks!) but is it possible to get a 1/2 day tour for the Parma area for less than $650, for three of us?

Many thanks.

more
    • Best train station to go to after docking in Civitavecchia to head to Venice

Civitavecchia Mar 31, 2015 at 6:24 PM

We will be docking in Civitavecchia, from there two of three couples are getting a car service up to Florence to finish their trip. One couple is heading to Venice. Would it make sense to tag along up to Florence and take the train from there to Venice, or head to Rome to take the train. I realize that Rome is closer to the port, but wondering if the craziness there would make for a more difficult commute.

more
    • train tickets from rome to milan on May 10th

Rome Mar 30, 2015 at 2:11 AM

Hi there

I have bought 2 non refundable Economy premium train tickets from Rome to Milan for May 10th 2015 leaving Roma termini at 9am and arriving to Milano Centrale at 11:55 .

Problem is my travel plans changed and i wont be needing anymore.

The price of both tickets is 98 euros. Ticket price includes a snack on board and 2 seats next to each other.

Would there be anyone interested in buying them from me ?

Thank you

more
    • Lake Maggiore on the last week of October 2015

Lombardy Mar 23, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Hi

I'm planning to visit Lake Maggiore and its surrounding on the 22-26 Oct this year. I understand it is nearing winter.

Are tourism affected by the weather there ? Such as, ferries no longer running, or shops closed, and all that we could see are the sceneries without being able to take any ferry ride out to the other areas.

Additionally, does any knows whether the Lake Maggiore Express be operating in that period of the year.
      I've checked on the website, and the schedules are til June. We would like to see the picturesque scenery.

Any help is much appreciated.

more
    • I need some cheap apartment for two families/4 adults, 6 childrens/

Calabria Mar 23, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Do you have any tipe for accomodation near the beach? Not in new hotels, I prefere old buildings or some apartments near sea.

Thanks

more
    • Ventimiglia to Monaco

by Nathanielwade1 Online Now Feb 19, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Hello. I am travelling to Italy next month and after landing in Milan, I am going to Monaco for the first 2 days. I have a train booked from Milano Centrale to Ventimilgia but want to know the best way to get from Ventimiglia to Monaco.
      And how to get from that location to my hotel, in la Condamine. Any help and insider knowledge would be great! Thanks in advance!

12 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 3:59 AM
    • mediaqueen's Profile Photo

Anyone know the names of these 2 places in the old town

by mediaqueen Online Now Jan 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM

There was a small church in old town that I went in to it was along it was near a little store where I had a bowl of wonderful soup

Also near the Cathedral there was this pink building it was partly blocked off

photos attached

thank you  

6 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • mediaqueen's Profile Photo

name of the park in Ventimiglia

by mediaqueen Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 2:46 PM

When I arrived in Ventimiglia I walked through a park before I got to the waterfront would any one know the name of this park it had a war memorial

8 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 1:18 PM
    • Nice to Pisa

by chocolate1982 Online Now Sep 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Hi

I am going to Pisa from Nice on Saturday and I am looking to take public transport as the Eurolines bus is too expensive.

I am thinking about catching bus 100 from Nice to Menton but then how do I get from Menton to Pisa?

Is there a local company that goes from Menton to Ventamiglia and then another local company that goes from Ventamiglia to Pisa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

11 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

To Roman ruins from railway station

by Muscovite Online Now Sep 20, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I am trying to locate the ancient Roman theatre in Ventimiglia - do I get right that it is between Coeso Genova and the railway?
      Is it a walkable distance, or should one take any transportation, and which?
      Thanks!

7 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • CaitlinBrigitte's Profile Photo

Buying tickets on the day.

by CaitlinBrigitte Online Now May 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to purchase connecting tickets at Ventimiglia station to Nice on the day of travel?

Will it cost a fortune? and is all very user friendly?

Many Thanks!

7 Answers May 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • changing train

by europe66 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM

50 minutes is it enough to change from a train to another ?

4 Answers May 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    • Car rental

by RSD... Online Now May 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hi..... Is there a car rental close to the train station in ventimiglia.

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Trains in Oct?

by shamrocksjill Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 5:28 AM

I am trying to plan our trip between Milan and Ventimiglia in Oct. but when I look at the Eurail time tables, I don't see any trains available. Am I missing something about this particular route? Are there really no trains connecting these cities?

8 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    • DebbieH20's Profile Photo

Taxi-Ventimiglia

by DebbieH20 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM

How easy is it to get a reliable taxi in Ventimiglia to hotel La Riserva Di Castel D Appio?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Ventimiglia to Levanto!

by Jennifermorcom Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I am travelling from Avignon to Levanto by train with a 10 minute change at Nice Ville and a 19 minute change at Ventimiglia if I want to catch the Intercity to Levanto. As all the connections depend on the trains being on time I thought maybe I would be better grabbing something to eat at Ventimiglia station and catching the Regional train which departs later and has no changes. Does anyone know what the facilities are like at Ventimiglia station how easy is it to buy rail tickets there and how comfortable is the regional train as it seems to stop every 5 minutes but al least I don't have any changes. How busy is it likely to be beginning of May as I will have already been travelling 6 hours by train and looking to another four and a half on this train. Has anyone been on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • Any all night bars showing football? I want to see Italy v England with Italian fans here.

by Ian4420 Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Any all night bars showing football? I want to see Italy v England with Italian fans here.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • MicheleG8's Profile Photo

Michellegurges@aol.com

by MicheleG8 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Gan we get a bus from Ventimelia train station to Hanbury Gardens?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • MicheleG8's Profile Photo

Michellegurges@aol.com

by MicheleG8 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Gan we get a bus from Ventimelia train station to Hanbury Gardens?

5 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM
    • Car Rental in/near train station?

by AmyWebster Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Hi, I am looking for a car rental agency in Ventimiglia, in or close to the train station. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    • danhec's Profile Photo

Pickpockets in Ventimiglia train station

by danhec Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I wear cargo pants and my wallet is always in a side pocket closed with strong Velcro. I thought that was safe until my trip on Friday August 30, 2013.

That afternoon, in Ventimiglia station, while I was about to board the train, suddenly two men came out of nowhere and quickly helped me with my heavy suitcase and knapsack. I appreciated the gesture although I found it strange that I had not seen them coming and that they did not stay on the train after helping me.

It’s only the next morning that I discovered that my wallet was missing. I know for sure that my wallet was in my pocket when I intended to board the train, and that between Ventimiglia and my destination, I did not take it out of my pocket. The Velcro makes it hard to open the pocket and the scratch noise is loud. However, when pulled quickly with force, it’s not as noticeable especially in a noisy environment and among confusion.

Being careful is not enough if one is not totally aware of one’s environment especially in high theft zones. Coincidentally, after I related my story to my sister who lives in France, she told me that the day before she had just watched a TV programme about thefts on the trains between Nice and Ventimiglia, describing my experience. I wish I had seen that programme before boarding my train!

10 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • Train times on Saturday

by SMellsh Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am struggling to find the times of trains from ventigmilia to nice ville tomorrow - we are travelling from Cuneo and will be taking the 14.43 train that arrives in ventigmilia at 16.30. Please can you tell me what times trains run to Nice?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Taxi from railway staion to St. Michael’s church

by Muscovite Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I am still trying to reach St. Michael’s church (see question below)
      Leics, thanks for the schedule – very helpful. Liceo Rossi – is it the famous cave?
      Rosata, saved the link, but I am afraid I cannot ask them to open the church specially for me free of charge in crisis times, and I cannot afford an individual tour either.
      Anyway, one bus in an hour – that’s way too rare, and as it is just 10 minutes’ drive the taxi won’t be too expensive.
      The point is – is there a taxi in Ventimiglia? I’ve never seen any. And how does one hail it?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    • Travelling to Nice

by Gwendol1ne Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My granddaughter has been travelling around Italy on her way tonight to Nice, but there was a delay and she will have missed the last train to Nice is there a bus she can take ? Thank you

6 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    • HOTEL NEAR TRAIN STATION

by CCMaloney Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

WE WILL HAVE TO OVERNIGHT TO MAKE CONNECTIONS FROM MARSEILLES TO FLORENCE. IS THERE A GOOD HOTEL NEAR THE TRAIN STATION? OUR MORNING TRAIN IS VERY EARLY.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

St Michael's church

by Muscovite Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Anyone can tell me the schedule of St.Michael's church in Ventimiglia ?
      Last year it was open only 10 - 12 on Sundays (I mean to go there in September)
      Second question -
      Bus schedule to Ventimiglia Alta fron the railway station. Last year it was once in an hour - not very convenient when one goes from Nice. And climbing on foot is no great choice.
      One can still pay the bus driver in cash - about 1 euro?
      Other tips on Old entimiglia welcome

4 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • Ventimiglia train station to Nice .

by EagerMike Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

On May 30,2013, we travel ,Venizia-Milan-Ventimiglia-Nice ...Arrive Ventimiglia 3:07pm, leave for Nice 3:17 pm . I know what you're thinking but then ,everything is possible, right ! Does anyone have directions inside the train station ? Stairs ? Platform ? Walking corridors to next connection ending Nice ? Etc Etc . We are grateful ,Thank you...Mike, Canada .

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by Unkown Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Can I purchase a ticket from Nice to Ventimiglia on line from the US? I want to take the RE 86035 leaving Nice at 13:55 on Mar 10 2012.

3 Answers Jan 6, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    • Changing trains in Ventimiglia

by harveyshannon Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM

We awill be arriving in Ventimiglia to change trains to Nice (France. Are there porters in Ventimiglia station to help us with our luggage??

Thanks

3 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM
    • Vintimiglia to Latte by bus

by briremdar Online Now Oct 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Is there any bus from Menton (France)or Vintimiglia (Italie) that stops in Latte? Where these buses can be taken? Thx

1 Answer Oct 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • Train holdover

by tysonsmum Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Hi, We will be travelling from Milan to Nice, I would like to know if, when the train stops in Ventimiglia do we need to change platforms. There is a 20 minute holdover (according to time table) so is this enough time to catch the ongoing train to Nice. Many Thanks for any help

2 Answers Dec 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    • Förbindelse

by jocgroning Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Vi landar med flyg 22.05. Hur kan vi lättast ta oss till Ventimiglia?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    • Ventimglia bus to Nice

by lydia66 Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 9:14 AM

We are staying in Nice for a week in April and wish to visit Ventimiglia. Is there a direct bus there from Nice or should we take a bus to Menton and then take the train.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    • GeorgeW's Profile Photo

Man and van or taxi required

by GeorgeW Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM

We need a reasonably priced 'man and van' or taxi to take 12 medium sized suitcases from Torri Superiore to Garavan near Menton on a Sunday in September while we walk across the mountains! Suggestions as to where I find someone.
      Grazie

This is the route!
      maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...

• PASSPORT CONTROL From Ventimiglia into France - by train

by FEAMSTER Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Anyone know if there is passport control on the trains or in the Ventimiglia train station when catching a train to go into France from Ventimiglia (even a TER train?). Similarly, is there any passport control in Menton for those coming into France from Italy. Any advice/info greatly appreciated Thanks!!

8 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM