Ventimiglia Travel Answers

change location

Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by Unkown Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Can I purchase a ticket from Nice to Ventimiglia on line from the US? I want to take the RE 86035 leaving Nice at 13:55 on Mar 10 2012.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by mccalpin Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 6:52 PM

There is no point in buying the ticket from the US. This is a RE (regional express) train that requires no reservations. That is, there are no assigned seats. That is, if you have a ticket, you can get on, even if there is only room to stand. Think of regional trains as buses with a better address. You go to the station, you buy a ticket, you validate it so it can't be re-used (actually, I assume this is true in France like it is in Italy, but some one else will confirm), and hop on. The price currently is 7 euro, and the trip takes 48 minutes.

Make sense?

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by K_V_B Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 12:15 AM

In France you indeed have to stamp your ticket before boarding. But your ticket is valid for any regional train on the route. So it is indeed as simple as just buying a ticket from a ticket vending machine, stamping it and hopping on board the next train.
    From the train number you quote (RE 86035) I guess you've been looking at the German Railways' website. The French call their regional trains "TER", which the Germans translate as RE... These trains are local mass transit. They run every half hour.

• Re: Purchase Tickets from Nice to Ventimiglia On Line

by Ivva Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 3:51 AM

I agree with mccalpin - there is no need to prebook ticket - you can easily by it before departure.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ventimiglia