Ventimiglia Travel Answers

change location

Train holdover

by tysonsmum Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Hi, We will be travelling from Milan to Nice, I would like to know if, when the train stops in Ventimiglia do we need to change platforms. There is a 20 minute holdover (according to time table) so is this enough time to catch the ongoing train to Nice. Many Thanks for any help

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Train holdover

by leics Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Twenty minutes is ample time to catch the next train, even if you do have to change platforms.

The Italian railway website does not give platform numbers.

trenitalia.it/homepage_en.ht...

I suspect this is because they (like most other European railway companies) can, and do, change platform according to circumstances.

When you get off the train you will be able to see display boards (on platforms and/or in the station foyer) which tell you what trains will arrive where. And there will certainly be people about whom you can ask. So no need to worry...you'll have plenty of time. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ina08's Profile Photo

Re: Train holdover

by Ina08 Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Ventimiglia is a smaller train station, so assuming you don't have any delays you'll be fine. Just walk into the main building where the big display is (not all train stations have displays on the platforms which provide information about connecting trains) and I am sure you will be fine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ventimiglia