Ventimiglia Travel Answers

change location

Turino to Ventimiglia

by dhrn Online Now Aug 13, 2004 at 6:27 PM

We'll be there in October and wonder if there are trains or touring buses that run this route and would it be great scenery? Also what sights would be worth stopping over for? Food along the way or should we bring with us? Thanks. Donna

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • kenadams's Profile Photo

Re: Turino to Ventimiglia

by kenadams Online Now Aug 13, 2004 at 6:44 PM

I don't know about buses, but I can post you about trains: there is no direct train. You probably need to change trains in Cuneo or Savona. Cuneo is also worth a taking a look at. There are also many nice towns in the Cuneo area, but I don't know which ones have train stations. Anyway, I would avoid buses: the Torino-Savona highway (which would be part of the itinerary) is known for being one of the most unpleasant rides in Italy. Check out the www.trenitalia.it website for precise info on trains. Have fun

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Monza_dh's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Turino to Ventimiglia

by Monza_dh Online Now Aug 14, 2004 at 5:17 AM

I drove this route last summer and there is great scenery, I took the A6 to Cuneo then the E74 all the way to the coast. A big part of the road actually goes into France.I'm not sure about buses, it's a hairy ride after the ski resort of Limone. Limone is a nice spot with great mountain views and a nice little ski resort type town. After, its tons of switchbacks and many crazy bikers heading for the coast. Once after the Col it's another hairy ride on the other side but then settles into a valley with many small little villages but none that really would warrant a stop other than to get a bite and a quick rest. On the way back to Torino we ended up taking the S28 tp the A6 which was spectacular with mountain vinyards and hillside villages. Again, this was by car and wasn't the quickest route so the train and buses will probably stick with the route through Savona. I would think Alba may be a stop from Torino on the way and is in the heart of the Piedmont wine country. good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ventimiglia