Ventimiglia Travel Answers

change location
NiceLife's Profile Photo

How have the Monaco tunnel works affected the Friday Market?

by NiceLife Online Now Jan 25, 2004 at 10:35 AM

We were shocked that rail travel between Italy and France has been cut off for so long by the Monaco tunnel works. How has this affected the Friday market and the health of the local business?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • elcbw's Profile Photo

Re: How have the Monaco tunnel works affected the Friday Market?

by elcbw Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 11:02 PM

Hi Andrew: I just happened to read your notice about rail traffic was being interupted by the Monaco tunnel works back in January 2004. Would you please advice whether train traffic continued to be interupted at present? My family is planning to take the train from Ventimiglia to Nice in August. This could be a problem if the train is not running between the two countries. Regards, Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • NiceLife's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How have the Monaco tunnel works affected the Friday Market?

by NiceLife Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 11:18 PM

No problem - the trains have been up and running since the spring. It was a long year they were out of action but all is now ok. Ventimiglia was packed the other week - if you go there for the Fiday market (the main reason!) make sure you get there early - see my Nice Warnings and dangers tip on the queues at Gare SNCF Cheers Andrew

• elcbw's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How have the Monaco tunnel works affected the Friday Market?

by elcbw Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 11:44 PM

Hi Andrew: Thanks for the good news. I got worried there for a while. I will try to schedule our stay at Ventimiglia on a Friday. Thanks once again. Regards, Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ventimiglia