change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

more
    • Visit to Maastricht

Maastricht Mar 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I am planning to visit Europe from June 1-7. I have to be in Maastricht from June 4 till 7.I wonder what interesting places I can visit during June 1-3 finally arriving in Maastricht on 4. Can you suggest an itinerary.

more
    • AbdulH16's Profile Photo

shopping

by AbdulH16 Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Where can one buys school stuff for children in velno... a good tips would appreciated

4 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • trip to venlo

by meldy517 Online Now Jun 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM

my sister and i plan to visit floriade 2012 in mid august. can you recommend safe, affordable / budget hotels in venlo (walking or short bus/train ride to floriade park)to stay for 3-4 nights?

is our trip plan reasonable? fly in to duesseldorf, stay 1 day, take train to venlo, stay 3-4 days for floriade, take train to amsterdam for 2 days stay, then fly out from amsterdam.

thanks! - mel

2 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    • Accommodation in Venlo

by Hudo Online Now May 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM

My son and daughter in law have just been told that my grandson is going to play in the Netherlands he is staying in Kaastel de Berckt, so they want to stay as near as possible to him, but it has to be cheap, as it would be two adults i child of 3 and l baby of 15 months. They are hoping to fly ryanair into Eindhoven and fly from dusseledorf home. Can anyone recommend somewhere for them?
      Many thanks

2 Answers May 10, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    • Floriade 2012

by humbug1703 Online Now Jan 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM

We are looking to attend the Floriade in May, last time we stayed in Amsterdam, but this is now quite a distance away from the show. Looking at flying London Stanstead to Weeze and staying in that area. What public transport is available from Weeze to Venlo. Looked at taxi guides also approx £120 return. Any advice welcome, thanks.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2012 at 2:59 AM
    • Campsites near Venlo

by wayfarer1151 Online Now Jan 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I am hoping to visit Venlo for the Floriade in June. Can you suggest campsites within easy cycling distance or good public transport to the Floriade site. I am camping with a small motorhome and am self sufficient.
      Thanks in anticipation Peter Grainger

2 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    • Floriade

by georgeson Online Now Nov 10, 2011 at 7:52 AM

What date does the Floriade start and finish?

3 Answers Nov 11, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    • Amsterdam to Venlo

by LailaRobinson Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM

We would like to attend the Floriade in May, 2012 but we will be based in Amsterdam and it is a 2 hour journey from Amsterdam to Venlo by train. Is there a bus from Amsterdam to Venlo and if so, how long does it take?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    • Amsterdam to Venlo

by LailaRobinson Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

We would like to visit the Floriade 2012 in Venlo but we will be based in Amsterdam. Is it possible to travel by train from Amsterdam to Venlo and if so, how long will it take? Are there other/better transportation alternatives? Would it be better to stay in Venlo? Since we are from the US we will have to go to Schiphol to fly back - what are the transportation alternatives from Venlo?

4 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    • Da7's Profile Photo

Weather

by Da7 Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 7:46 AM

How much does it snow in venlo?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • Transportation

by jhawkr1 Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Will be traveling to Venlo from USA and visiting Floriade in 2012. What is best way to get to Venlo from Frankfurt? Would prefer not to rent car.

3 Answers Jan 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    • Visiting Venlo For The First Time

by hamirwasia Online Now Jan 19, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hello:

I will be in Venlo from 2/9 through 2/11. I would like to know if there are sites that you would recommend for me to explore. I would also like to meet members from Venlo during my stay there if possible.

Cheers,
      RH

6 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    • Venlo to Veldhoven

by Zuzan Online Now Dec 18, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Hola,
      is there somebody who could advice me how to get the easiest and cheapiest way from Venlo to Veldhoven? Is there a direct bus connection. Some bus weblinks.
      Thanks a lot Zuzan

-

5 Answers Dec 22, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    • Hotels City Center

by travelbuggoes Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Can anybody recommend a hotel in the city center for a weekend? Also can you walk from the train station to the city center? Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 25, 2007 at 9:46 AM
    • tsakmas's Profile Photo

winter gardens...

by tsakmas Online Now Dec 31, 2006 at 10:07 AM

hi to all..i want to ask if it easy to find a work in a winter garden???plz help!!thanx and happy new year to all!!

1 Answer Jan 3, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    • tsakmas's Profile Photo

hands to work in venlo??

by tsakmas Online Now Dec 18, 2006 at 12:59 PM

this is a company name (hands to work) is ok to work there??or they killas to work???pls help

1 Answer Dec 18, 2006 at 10:01 PM
    • Moving to Venlo

by alyth Online Now Aug 5, 2006 at 1:14 PM

Hi - it looks as if my partner may be taking a job in Venlo, starting probably in October, and I'm desperate for some information! I'll be looking for accommodation, preferably a cottage/house in the country with some land, can anyone advise me of estate agencies in Venlo that I can contact? I'll also be looking to work in Venlo, and unfortunately I don't speak Dutch, although I'm planning on learning the language. I'm a secretary at the moment, mid-30s, how easy is it going to be for me to get a job? Even a job in a supermarket will be fine to begin with. I'd be grateful for any information anyone can provide me with, many thanks, Alyth

2 Answers Aug 6, 2006 at 8:07 AM
    • accomodation in Venlo

by camille21 Online Now Mar 15, 2005 at 10:43 AM

I will be in Venlo from May till August 2005 for an internship and I am looking for an accomodation : flat or in a family for 500€ maxi per month
      Could you tell me where I could find information or does somebody know a family who welcome foreign students ?

5 Answers Dec 9, 2006 at 5:05 AM
    • daisette's Profile Photo

Reductions

by daisette Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 6:50 AM

Are students (foreigners) entitled to reduction tickets in buses? For example if I have a EURO26 card?

3 Answers Aug 9, 2004 at 2:41 AM
    • daisette's Profile Photo

How to get from Venlo to Ospeldijk

by daisette Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 1:21 PM

What is the quickest and (possibly) cheapest way to get from Venlo to Ospeldijk? Is the bus station far from the railaway station? Do you know any links to pages with schedules (in English or French)?

4 Answers Jul 20, 2004 at 12:32 PM
    • Moving to Venlo + general about NL?

by Arsi Online Now Aug 2, 2003 at 9:52 AM

Hi, How much are the rent prices for small appartments in Venlo? What are the cheapest appartments like? Are the car insurance costs high in the Netherlands? (20-yr-old man) Is there a separate tax for diesel powered cars? How much do I pay tax for my income, let's say about 1300€ brutto per month? Thanks in advance :) Ari

7 Answers Aug 7, 2003 at 2:10 PM
    • Going out in Venlo

by sabsi Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 4:33 AM

Hi! Me and my workmate were thinking of going out somewhere different tonight so we thought we could go to Venlo. Does anybody know any nice pubs or must sees there? Is there a christmas market or something? Or is there another town close to the border and not too far from Düsseldorf that is better for going out maybe? Thanks 4 your help :-) Sabs

7 Answers Dec 4, 2002 at 7:30 AM