Venlo Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation in Venlo

by Hudo Online Now May 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM

My son and daughter in law have just been told that my grandson is going to play in the Netherlands he is staying in Kaastel de Berckt, so they want to stay as near as possible to him, but it has to be cheap, as it would be two adults i child of 3 and l baby of 15 months. They are hoping to fly ryanair into Eindhoven and fly from dusseledorf home. Can anyone recommend somewhere for them?
Many thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Venlo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now May 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Kasteel de Berckt is at Baarlo (across the river at Venlo).

Here are some sugeestions:
    detelefoongids.nl/zoeken/pla...

I have not found an ideal match to your preferences yet (price, distance and number of people).

Perhaps it's better to look in the city of Venlo, but prices will be at the higher side due to the Floriade flower expo and the upcoming high tourist season.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Accommodation in Venlo

by wentbytrain Online Now May 10, 2012 at 4:12 AM

as I am Dutch, I never have to sleep in hotels here-its all so close by.
    TRY these sites for hotelbookings: zoover.nl or booking.com-extend search to 15/20 kms around Venlo or Baarlo or set to price/lowest. As an alternative maybe search for holidaycamps/bungalows-there should be quite a few in that area. (google for landall greenparks).
    WARNING; that RYAN airport is NOT the main DUS airport, but a former RAF airportbase at WEEZE and VERY hard to reach-by normal bus/train, from Venlo.
    DO check the airport site (airport weeze niederrhein) for connections and do make sure to understand them! This trip will likely cost a lot more as the flight itself (and it just happens I booked myself on RYAN 20/25 mins ago-quite another flight though).
    From EHV its easy-peasy: bus to station (just in front-tickets sold from machines at stop) then trains ev 30 mins in 40 mins direct to venlo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines