Venlo Travel Answers

change location

Going out in Venlo

by sabsi Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 4:33 AM

Hi! Me and my workmate were thinking of going out somewhere different tonight so we thought we could go to Venlo. Does anybody know any nice pubs or must sees there? Is there a christmas market or something? Or is there another town close to the border and not too far from Düsseldorf that is better for going out maybe? Thanks 4 your help :-) Sabs

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Going out in Venlo

by ATLC Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 4:56 AM

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but yes, Venlo is nice to go out. Plenty of pubs and restaurants. I was taken out there by friends once. I can recommend restaurant Chez Philippe, Parade 61, Venlo Tel. 31 77 3548901 There's a "White Christmas" market on 15th of December. Shops are open on Sunday 22 and 29 December. Check www.vvvvenlo.nl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Going out in Venlo

by sabsi Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 4:59 AM

Thank A-T :-) So no christmas market all through the advent there huh? Any idea whether we will we find the nice pubs when we just go to the city centre? Or are they somewhere else? Sabs

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Going out in Venlo

by ATLC Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 5:08 AM

City center is where you wanna be. You might want to check the website I mentioned, and even phone or e-mail the Tourist Information there. In my experience these tourist offices (VVV) will send out some information by snail mail if you ask for it.

by sabsi Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 5:15 AM

yes but snail mail would be a bit slow if we're going tonight ;-) thanks. anyway. we'll just go there and i'm sure we'll find lotsa nice places!!! Sabs

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Going out in Venlo

by Gili_S Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 5:17 AM

I got it; you finish with the ’Lonkero’ and had enough ‘Alt Bier’ so you are going to Venlo. Good idea, I was there last August and I like it. Sorry I can’t recommend a pub there, had to drive at night back east, so, not too much of a nightlife for me.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Going out in Venlo

by ATLC Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 5:20 AM

oh I didn't realise that Sabsi! Well, have fun. Shops will probably be open until 21 hrs because it's Sinterklaas tomorrow.

by sabsi Online Now Dec 4, 2002 at 7:30 AM

Hi! Oh cool, we might go shopping then ;-) Thanks again. And Gil, you are right, Lonkero is gone (but I kept it for special occasions!)... need a supplier that visits Germany more often ;) The Finnish christmas market in Hannover still isn't selling that stuff even tho I asked them every year to change it ;) Sabs

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines