Venice Travel Answers

change location

best gonola tour

by glidehome Online Now May 22, 2004 at 2:15 PM

family of four wants the ultimate gondola experience .suggestions?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sourbugger's Profile Photo

Re: best gonola tour

by sourbugger Online Now May 22, 2004 at 2:28 PM

Unless your loaded you will need a new mortgage or degree in bargaining hard. An 'ulitimate tour' presumbly means one of a few hours. I've an extensive series of tips on how to deal with licenced cowboys in Venice (sorry Gondaliers) on my Venice page. Best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sourbugger's Profile Photo

Re: Re: best gonola tour

by sourbugger Online Now May 22, 2004 at 2:30 PM

Ps I presume you mean Venice, italy - you are posting in the wrong forum here, I've just noticed

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: best gonola tour

by travelgourmet Online Now May 22, 2004 at 3:02 PM

I'll lighten it up a little. Buon giorno. The cost for gondola ride that lasts about one hour for four will set you back quite a bit. A little bit of whining and crying might bargin the price down a little. Just don't try to get the ride around St. Mark's Square. Go down a side canal and try your luck at a smaller hotel's landing. Make sure the gondolier can speak a little english,so that you can tell him where you would like to go. Like the main canal , under the Rialto Bridge, the Marco Polo home, the Bridge of Sighs, etc. Remember to start out with "Buon giorno"(good morning) , then try "Capisce ingles" (speak english), if so, then you can ask in english. Say thanks, "ringraziamenti" for a big smile. And if you go for the ride, the gondolier will probably sing for and to you while under a bridge, O sole mio. Arrivederci

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines