change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TRAIN/BUS to Rijeka

by 4millers Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 5:45 AM

Hi there
      After spending time in Venice we need to head to Rijeka, Croatia.
      Can you get there in one day using the train/bus? I cannot find a bus/train schedule from Venice to Triesta.
      Appreciate your help.
      Thanks - Kim, Australia

more
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Staying in Giudecca

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I am a big fan of Venice and visit occasionally - almost always staying in the Dorsoduro somewhere near Guggenheim. In June we will be spending a few nights with friends there and one of the accommodations they're considering is in Giudecca. Does anyone have any experience of staying there. The place looks great, but not sure if the need to take a ferry to Dorsoduro and S. Marco is a big hinderance. We have a small child so probably wouldn't be out late, but I'd still like to avoid hassles. The relative peace and quiet and slower pace is very appealing though. Any thoughts?

more
    • PLaces in Venice

by waltercook Online Now Mar 25, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Which is the best places to visit in Venice?

more
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Apartment Rentals In Venice

by ImThere2013 Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Hi, Everyone! Can someone please refer me to a reliable, high quality agency that offers apartment rentals in Venice? I'm looking for one that reflects the Italian architecture the older the building the better. Thanks!

more
    • PLaces in Venice

by waltercook Online Now Mar 25, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Which is the best places to visit in Venice?

6 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    • TRAIN/BUS to Rijeka

by 4millers Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 5:45 AM

Hi there
      After spending time in Venice we need to head to Rijeka, Croatia.
      Can you get there in one day using the train/bus? I cannot find a bus/train schedule from Venice to Triesta.
      Appreciate your help.
      Thanks - Kim, Australia

4 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Apartment Rentals In Venice

by ImThere2013 Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Hi, Everyone! Can someone please refer me to a reliable, high quality agency that offers apartment rentals in Venice? I'm looking for one that reflects the Italian architecture the older the building the better. Thanks!

14 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Staying in Giudecca

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I am a big fan of Venice and visit occasionally - almost always staying in the Dorsoduro somewhere near Guggenheim. In June we will be spending a few nights with friends there and one of the accommodations they're considering is in Giudecca. Does anyone have any experience of staying there. The place looks great, but not sure if the need to take a ferry to Dorsoduro and S. Marco is a big hinderance. We have a small child so probably wouldn't be out late, but I'd still like to avoid hassles. The relative peace and quiet and slower pace is very appealing though. Any thoughts?

5 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    • Thank you gift.

by LorraineMM Online Now Feb 8, 2015 at 11:04 AM

I want to thank concierge and hotel desk staff upon my arrival for their help and thought I would bring a gift basket of treats, cookies, chocolate because they were really very patient and I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion or if something else is more appropriate.
      Also, is there a shop or a patisseria I should look for?

13 Answers Feb 9, 2015 at 8:03 AM
    • water bus tickets

by janetstone Online Now Jan 27, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Hi, we will be in venice for 17 days and wondered how to get the best value waterbus tickets, someone said we can ill forms in when we arrive at piazza roma, is this right, thank you

6 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 10:53 PM
    • Feb festival

by Clairejbaker64 Online Now Jan 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Hi will I be able to see anything of the feb Venice festival on 4th frb

13 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 10:05 AM
    • Buses in Venice

by AnetaR Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Hi people,
      I´m desperately trying to find out which bus goes from Camping Village Jolly (hotel) to somewhere near of Piazzale Roma. Could you help, please ?

8 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    • to carnival by car

by AnetaR Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM

Does somebody know whether Venice is closed for cars during carnival ??

3 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • Calle del Piovano Gritti

by AdeleS Online Now Jan 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Can anyone tell me the location of calle del Piovano Gritti in Venice?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    • Quick visit to Venice

by gunnapa Online Now Jan 13, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Venice in 1 day? What are the highlights?

13 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 6:05 AM
    • Michal_Slovakia's Profile Photo

Venetian Carnival 2015

by Michal_Slovakia Online Now Jan 3, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Heey Venetian & Italian guys,

I´m about to come to Venice for Venetian Carnival 2015 by the first week of February. I´m looking for housing for a few days, so please if there is some kind and friendly person, do not hesitate and write me. I will really appreciate it.

If you don´t have conditions to offer me housing, just write me and we could hang out together during Carnival and have some fun there. More people on the trip means more joint experiences and more adventures, so be ready for that!

Thanks a lot, wish all of you a Happy New Year full of success, happiness and traveling around the world.

Greetings from Slovakia

Michal

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    • Train to hotel - hotel to airport

by Jen8675309 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 6:46 PM

We are going to Venice by train from Rome. Staying at the Molino Stucky Hotel on Guidecca Island. We are then flying home from Venice. Tips for the best way to get to the hotel from the train station and to the airport from the hotel?

6 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Winter carnival

by o_henna Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Please guide me all about the carnival. We are a young couple visiting venice specially to be a part of the carnival. Which will be a good place to stay? Where to rent the costumes and the balls to attend. We are on a budget, but yet would like to participate in all.
      Thankyou

10 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    • Venice and day trips

by adar1122 Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

8 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 1:03 AM
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

by JoseIbiza Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

6 Answers Dec 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

by avxw320 Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

5 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

"Venice to ban wheeled suitcases"

by Trekki Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM

(Not my merit, VTer @Tuzik, Olga, found it and posted this on FB:
      edition.cnn.com/2014/11/21/t...
      Quoted from this article written Nov 21, 2014 by Barry Neild, CNN:

• City officials have become so tired with the cacophony of rumbling luggage they're introducing fines of up to 500 euros ($620) for anyone caught using one.

The move, due to come into effect in May 2015, is likely to create a headache for many of 22 million who annually visit the city and need to cart bags to hotels in car-free streets.*

• The new rules, which will require luggage to be transported on quieter air-filled tires, are the idea of City Commissioner Victor Zapparlorto, according to the Il Messaggero newspaper."

• tracyskf's Profile Photo

San Dona bus and train station

by tracyskf Online Now Oct 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Hi - below is the public transportation I have obtained from outlet mall website, Would like to find out if San Dona - Jesolo train station is near to San Dona di Piave bus station? I tried to google map that but it seem very far off so I am not sure.

thanks

From Venice Santa Lucia or Venezia Mestre station take the Venice-Trieste trainline and get off at San Donà-Jesolo station.

From San Donà di Piave bus station you can take either a bus direct to McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Noventa di Piave (line 21 operated by ATVO) or a taxi (please contact 0421-54690).

3 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • Practice room for violin

by Wuillamie Online Now Oct 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

My daughter needs to practice the violin at least 2 hours per day. Do you know where she can do this in Venice around Academia?

6 Answers Oct 8, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • Ideas on honeymoon in Venice ( flying from Eindhoven)

by Nini_gurl Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Hi Guys, I am planning a honeymoon in venice in January ending uptill 3rd of february for a duration of 5 nights. I live in Eindhoven and i see that ryanair flys in to treviso airport. Though its a honeymoon, but it is just like a short getaway romanctic and chilled out trip. We are hoping to do this on a low budget, due to the fact that we have a major Honeymoon in the summer.

please can someone help me with ideas on hotels ( maybe in treviso) and wat is the disctace from treviso to venice city and what are the cost assumptions?? Also i will like to knwo if the day trip to and from to venice from treviso is doable.

Thank you in advance for your ideas :)

5 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Train Travel : Venice to Florence, return

by John3554 Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Has anyone had any experience using the train from Venice to Florence? We fly from Toronto to Venice, spend a week there and then travel to Florence for a week and then return to Venice airport. Just wondering if anyone has any advice. Thank you.

10 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM
    • Train from Milan to Venice?

by chayabayla Online Now Sep 16, 2014 at 6:06 AM

I tried to post this question a little while ago, and it's not showing up, so forgive me if I'm posting it a second time. (Am new, can you tell?)

Wanting to travel to Venice in the winter, and am thinking I'd rather fly to Milan and train to Venice than fly "directly" to Venice with a layover in a European airport. I can see that the train makes a lot of sense, but I can't see what I'd have to do to get from the Milan airport to a station where I can get the train to Venice. Will that be time-costly and/or difficult in any way, what with shlepping a bag and all? Thanks so much!

14 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    • MARCO POLO AIRPORT

by mollysmum Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Has anyone parked at Marco Polo airport whilst going on a Norwegian Cruise from Venice? We have booked our car into the airport car park and booked a transfer from the airport to the cruise ship and are not sure whether the transfer is sufficiently easy to locate. This is our first time in Venice and we will be weary from driving from the UK a day before so will probably not have our brightest heads on with regards finding places. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Public washrooms in Venice

by rbdoshi Online Now Sep 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Hi,

I have read public washrooms in Venice are scarce. Is this true? What do you do if you have to relieve yourself

Thanks.

16 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • artoshi's Profile Photo

ciao a tutti

by artoshi Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM

is there any Suggestions to enjoy in venice Italy, as you know

27 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 2:28 AM
    • Marco Polo Airport Hours

by thesummerdawn Online Now Aug 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Hi, may i know Marco Polo Airport hours? Planning to stay a night at the airport while waiting for my morning flight(6am) to Santorini. Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 3:26 AM
    • Venice to Zurich

by cashman14 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM

We will be traveling by car the second week of September from Venice to Zurich to catch a flight. We have 3 1/2 days and want to see some of the wine country north and west of Venice, the dolomites, and maybe stay in a village in Austria. We have looked at going to Verona, Vincenza, Asiago, Bassano d Grappa, Marostica, Bolzano, and a village in Austria. We really need some advise on what to see and do between Venice and Zurich.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • Plug Adptors (Closed Thread)

by flvantaggi Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am reading that I need an "L" adaptor for my appliances. ex. curling iron/hairdryer. They are both dual voltage. Now when i go on line I am seeing some 2 prong "L" adaptors and some 3 prong "L" adaptors.. Now I am confused as to what I should purchase?

One other question, my hair dryer has two voltage listed, a 120 is what we use here in the US and then it has a place to switch to 250V. I am reading that Italy has 240V so do any of you knowledgeable electricians know is that is ok to use?

Thanks in advance for your help.

29 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • rec'd daily food budget for Venice 2014?

by straynote Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Just wondering if anyone could give me an estimate for an average daily food allowance in Venice (dinner+light lunch)? I'm planning a trip and am failing to locate any such up-to-date info elsewhere. I like eating in non-touristy, favoured-by-locals type of places (don't we all) where food is decent and satisfying and have no gastronomic whims/dietary limitations. Needless to say, couldn't care less about "being seen eating in N where X, Y and Z have been spotted" factor. Would be grateful for feedback based on your experiences (or reliable sources you may know of).

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 7:31 AM