change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CPT8000's Profile Photo

very early Venice Hotel to Marco Polo airport transfer

by CPT8000 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Hi there. My daughter and I will be flying out of Venice at 6.35am to Cape Town via Amsterdam. What is the most convenient, affordable and safest mode of transport to get to Marco Polo airport at 5am? Any advice will be most welcome. Thank you!!

more
    • janetlewis5122@sbcglobal.net

by janetnv15 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM

How far from the port of Venice is Hotel Bella Venezia

more

by janetnv15 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM

How far from Hotel Bella Venezia to Treviso Airport and what is the most reasonable way to get there

more
    • schuttle from hotel to cruise line

by HARVEY124 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Where do I find one

more
    • mode of transportation from hilton garden inn to cruise port?

by chuck7777 Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 11:07 AM

What are the alternatives for travel from Hilton Garden Inn to the cruise port?

more
    • grace_o's Profile Photo

Transportation after Late Flight in Venice?

by grace_o Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hello!

I booked a flight to venice which arrives at 23 pm at the airport. I noticed the bus transfer leaves people at the city at night, but did not find what options tourists have? I dont know the best way to get to the island or even if it is safe to do that at night.

What transportation from the Airport at arrival do I have available at Night in venice?

If you have any experience or information on this matter I would be really thankful.

Thanks in advance

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2.5 days in Venice

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I will be arriving by train - what is the best way to get to Venice (San Marco) from the train station?

I have got 2.5 days - so appreciate suggestions on what to see / do and any useful tips on how to maximise would be much appreciated.

I am leaving by flight around 6 PM and need to head to Marco Polo airport. What is the best way to get to airport and how much time should I allow to get there?

more
    • Help! we are taking the train from Florence to Venice

by omni6688 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM

how do we go from the train station to Cipriani hotel? we have luggages ( 2 larger carryon luggage), what are my choices on water taxi, private vs public, what is the cost? thanks

more
    • shopping and shipping to the US

by StacieL Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM

My GF and I will be traveling across Europe by train and plan on stopping in 5 or 6 countries over 2 weeks. I am dying to buy some fresh, quality wine and olive oil and want to ship it back to the US so I don't have to drag it all along with me. Has anyone had any experience with this?

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Safety concerns in Venice

by rbdoshi Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Hi all,

I am planning to walk from Jewish ghetto area to the bust stop at 5.30 in the morning to catch a bus for airport. Please tell me if there are any safety concerns in walking at such early hours. I will be with my wife.

Thanks

more
    • Sherbornite's Profile Photo

All day tours of the islands off Venice

by Sherbornite Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Do we need a tour guide to tour the islands off Venice?

more
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Train+ parking VS bus+parking

by manuna Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 4:15 AM

We are coming to Venice by car. So I have to leave a car at the parking and get somehow to the 'island'.
      As I see it, there is no great difference in time option, so it's all for money. The parkings that I found not far from Venice St Lucia are rather expensive and I'll have to take a bus to get to Piazzale Roma or vaporetto to get to San Marco (actually this is my final stop). I heard that paking at Mestre Railwaystation is much cheaper. There are trains every 10 minutes... But I cannot find the prices for regional trains to StLucia. There are will be 4 of us. What will be more moneysaving: park at Mestre Railwaystation and go by train or park closer to Piazzale Roma and go by bus or vaporetto?

more
    • belindauk's Profile Photo

7 nights?

by belindauk Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Is 7 nights to long in Venice?

more
    • pierkiroul's Profile Photo

Piazzetta San Marco in 10'

by pierkiroul Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 1:58 AM

How to reach piazzetta san marco on feet from railway station santa Lucia in 10 minute without following the indications : a labyrinth for tourists to pass through shops. I know venice, been there many times but i still don't know an easy way to get in san marco in few minutes. Thanks

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2.5 days in Venice

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I will be arriving by train - what is the best way to get to Venice (San Marco) from the train station?

I have got 2.5 days - so appreciate suggestions on what to see / do and any useful tips on how to maximise would be much appreciated.

I am leaving by flight around 6 PM and need to head to Marco Polo airport. What is the best way to get to airport and how much time should I allow to get there?

5 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • grace_o's Profile Photo

Transportation after Late Flight in Venice?

by grace_o Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hello!

I booked a flight to venice which arrives at 23 pm at the airport. I noticed the bus transfer leaves people at the city at night, but did not find what options tourists have? I dont know the best way to get to the island or even if it is safe to do that at night.

What transportation from the Airport at arrival do I have available at Night in venice?

If you have any experience or information on this matter I would be really thankful.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Safety concerns in Venice

by rbdoshi Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Hi all,

I am planning to walk from Jewish ghetto area to the bust stop at 5.30 in the morning to catch a bus for airport. Please tell me if there are any safety concerns in walking at such early hours. I will be with my wife.

Thanks

9 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • CPT8000's Profile Photo

very early Venice Hotel to Marco Polo airport transfer

by CPT8000 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Hi there. My daughter and I will be flying out of Venice at 6.35am to Cape Town via Amsterdam. What is the most convenient, affordable and safest mode of transport to get to Marco Polo airport at 5am? Any advice will be most welcome. Thank you!!

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 2:18 AM
    • belindauk's Profile Photo

7 nights?

by belindauk Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Is 7 nights to long in Venice?

14 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • pierkiroul's Profile Photo

Piazzetta San Marco in 10'

by pierkiroul Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 1:58 AM

How to reach piazzetta san marco on feet from railway station santa Lucia in 10 minute without following the indications : a labyrinth for tourists to pass through shops. I know venice, been there many times but i still don't know an easy way to get in san marco in few minutes. Thanks

19 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 3:13 AM
    • Sherbornite's Profile Photo

All day tours of the islands off Venice

by Sherbornite Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Do we need a tour guide to tour the islands off Venice?

9 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 5:11 AM

by janetnv15 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM

How far from Hotel Bella Venezia to Treviso Airport and what is the most reasonable way to get there

2 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM

by janetnv15 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM

How far from the port of Venice is Hotel Bella Venezia

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    • shopping and shipping to the US

by StacieL Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM

My GF and I will be traveling across Europe by train and plan on stopping in 5 or 6 countries over 2 weeks. I am dying to buy some fresh, quality wine and olive oil and want to ship it back to the US so I don't have to drag it all along with me. Has anyone had any experience with this?

8 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 4:23 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Train+ parking VS bus+parking

by manuna Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 4:15 AM

We are coming to Venice by car. So I have to leave a car at the parking and get somehow to the 'island'.
      As I see it, there is no great difference in time option, so it's all for money. The parkings that I found not far from Venice St Lucia are rather expensive and I'll have to take a bus to get to Piazzale Roma or vaporetto to get to San Marco (actually this is my final stop). I heard that paking at Mestre Railwaystation is much cheaper. There are trains every 10 minutes... But I cannot find the prices for regional trains to StLucia. There are will be 4 of us. What will be more moneysaving: park at Mestre Railwaystation and go by train or park closer to Piazzale Roma and go by bus or vaporetto?

11 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • mode of transportation from hilton garden inn to cruise port?

by chuck7777 Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 11:07 AM

What are the alternatives for travel from Hilton Garden Inn to the cruise port?

3 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 1:27 AM
    • schuttle from hotel to cruise line

by HARVEY124 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Where do I find one

2 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    • Help! we are taking the train from Florence to Venice

by omni6688 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM

how do we go from the train station to Cipriani hotel? we have luggages ( 2 larger carryon luggage), what are my choices on water taxi, private vs public, what is the cost? thanks

6 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • port to Airport transportation

by fihalper Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM

So what's the most convenient and economical way (for people with luggage) to get from the cruise terminal to VCE--Marco Polo Airport.
      Is it an ATVO bus?
      Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Reachng Marco polo airport early morning

by rbdoshi Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hi all,

I have a flight to catch from Marco Polo airport at 8 in the morning. So I am guessing I would have to reach at least by 5 am (?). Would it be at all possible to reach the airport from Venice proper by public transport at such early hours? If not, would it make sense to reach airport the previous night and kill some hours there?

Thanks!!

3 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    • Mom21's Profile Photo

VCE-Murano-Cruise Port

by Mom21 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM

We (one adult an one 10 year old) will be in Venice (staying on Murano) 3 days prior to our cruise. Will the Alilaguna line work for our transportation from VCE, to/from Venice for sight seeing, and then to the Mattima Cruise Port?

Thanks so much!

2 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    • JanuszBudd's Profile Photo

Carnivale 2015

by JanuszBudd Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Hi Venice lovers,
      Could you please give me an idea how to best enjoy Venice Carnivale during 3 – 4 days.
      1) Is it better to be there on weekend or week days.
      2) Are there more important days/celebrations and less important during three weeks of carnivale?
      3) How to participate on a budget but with one bigger event say up to 250Euro.
      4) How to get masks and costumes – are they necessary to enjoy the events? What would be the cost?
      I would appreciate any hint on the subject.
      Janusz

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • Transportation and Food recommendations

by fihalper Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Arriving by ship--Norwegian Spirit-- one morning and flying out of VCE the next morning very early (6:45 am).--

We are staying at: Ca' Bragadin Carabba, 6041 Castello - Campo Santa Marina, 30122 Venezia - Italy.

What is best way to get from Ship to hotel and hotel to airport. Taxis or other transportation? Do we need to make arrangements in advance?

Where to go for an especially memorable evening meal (not too extravagant, but a very special place)--and a birthday celebration for two wonderful ladies (life-long friends who will be celebrating their 70th birthdays together)? Reservations necessary?

Thank you so much for your thoughts and recommendations.

It is time to pack! : - D

7 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • May i guide?

by estelle.smith Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 3:30 AM

May I guide my group through the streets of Venice?
      OR can only an accredited Venice tour guide do so?
      Thanks
      TES

11 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • going from venice to florence...

by pp73 Online Now May 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Can someone PLEASE simplify the answer to this question? Which train station should I choose to get from Venice Island to Florence? I am booking private water taxis to get to and from the island but on the way back to the mainland, is it best to go to Santa Lucia train station for a direct train to Florence? These trains do not go via Mestre do they? Thank you in advance….

7 Answers May 31, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • Venice in October

by Zohrehkhanom Online Now May 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM

What is the weather like in mid. October in Venice, italy

4 Answers May 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • Old question

by BennyBatman Online Now May 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Are there any assassins in Venice? I really would like to know

• Transport from Marco Polo airport to Cannaregio area

by Iris2680 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM

What is the best mode of transportation(we are lugging luggage) from Marco Polo Airport to Cannaregio area?

9 Answers May 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    • gabbylyons1@hotmail.com

by LOWEGABRI Online Now May 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Suggestions please on how to get from Hotel Bernardi to the train station to catch train to Peschiera del Garda at 08.20 with a 2yr old, how long do I need.

4 Answers May 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM
    • Travel from Airport

by LOWEGABRI Online Now May 15, 2014 at 4:21 AM

How to get from Airport to Hotel Bernardi Semenzato with a 2 yr old,can we get a speedboat and iff so how many Euros?

6 Answers May 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • getting to Venice

by ZeldaShap Online Now May 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Need a hotel in Venice that has a direct entrance for the water taxi or close enough to walk for elderly people and a name of a private water taxi.

9 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    • restaurant in Venice

by JaneinVenice Online Now May 4, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Is there a restaurant in Venice called Toser

8 Answers May 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM
    • Travel from venice to puglia

by Pampriest Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Can you catch a train from venice to puglia and how long would it take?

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    • Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

Best anti Mosquito lotions?

by Elyzabeth Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 6:50 AM

They do have a Mosquito problem in Venice , and during certain times of the year, they have a rather nasty one known as the tiger Mosquito.

Solutions anyone?

Many thanks

( my traveling partner usually has a most unpleasant time with them !)

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 4:28 AM