Venice Travel Answers

change location

Hotel Carlton to airport - last question I promise. Thanks to all for input!

by Marie219 Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Ok, when I leave my hotel Hotel Carlton on the canal, what is my least expensive way to get to the airport?

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • Michelle_Roberts's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Carlton to airport - last question I promise. Thanks to all for input!

by Michelle_Roberts Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Be more specific, please - what airport do you need? IMarko Polo International one?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hotel Carlton to airport - last question I promise. Thanks to all for input!

by Marie219 Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Yes Marco Polo. thanks

• cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Carlton to airport - last question I promise. Thanks to all for input!

by cgf Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 3:31 PM

least expensive way? walking may be an option, but check here http://www.alilaguna.it/index.en.html

• semper.max's Profile Photo

by semper.max Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM

What time will you be leaving? Some of the transportation modes may not be available for you to reach your hotel on time.

by semper.max Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Ooops. "to reach the airport on time."

by semper.max Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 4:39 PM

If you'd rather not walk, :) cheapest would probably be the land buses. Specifically the ACTV bus. If you wish to get to the airport early without the hassle of too many stops, it's the ATVO for you. Check www.actv.it/en and http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en if they will fit your flight schedule. Your luggages though would be a consideration as you will have to drag them to Piazzale Roma.

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

by swissfondue Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

If its the hotel I am thinking of, it is situated quite close to the Piazzale Roma Bus station. Piazzale Roma is only about a five minute walk from your hotel and from there you can take a bus directly to Marco Polo. From memory its a 20 to 30 minute trip. This would be the least expensive option.

You could take a stroll up there while you are in Venice and pre purchase your bus ticket and locate the bus stop you need in advance which I did with no probablems.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM

The cheapest way by far is for you to simply cross the canal and walk to P Roma then take the excellent ATVO airport bus.

I linked this for you in my replies to you previous posts.

Crossing the canal and getting to P Roma will not take you very long...perhaps 10 minutes. Walk to your right, cross the Ponte degli Sclazi, turn left and keep walking past the railways station and over the bridge into P Roma.

You buy tickets for the bus at the ATVO office in P Roma (there is also a machine outside, for when the office is closed).

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM

>Ponte degli Scalzi

• Michelle_Roberts's Profile Photo

by Michelle_Roberts Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 5:17 AM

I second the ATVO bus option!

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

by RoscoeGregg Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 5:40 AM

We have used the bus option several times and it is dead easy. Swissfondue's reply is an exact description of how we did it the first time.

A walk through Venice one last time as you head to the bus is a great way to say good bye to Italy.

The bus is clean, fast and it was so cheap that I cannot remember the exact cost. I think it was around 4 or 5 euro. It was cheap in any case. We have taken it as early as 5:00am

After all the answers to you questions you should be set for a great trip. Have fun be polite and post some tips and pics of your own when you return so we can see how it went.

One last word gelato!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines