Venice Travel Answers

change location
azadeh1's Profile Photo

Where is the best location for hotel for tourist attraction?

by azadeh1 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM

We are traveling by airplane & we do not know which part of Venice is good to have our hotel! Could you please give us some idea?! we like to use public transportation and close to see all attractions.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Re: Where is the best location for hotel for tourist attraction?

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Hi!

If you're staying in Venice (not Mestre) it's likely that you don't need any transportation at all!
    I like to walk a lot, and I did all Venice on my foot :)

I stayed at American Hotel (http://goo.gl/maps/412Li) and I really liked it. Waking up with a small river right on the balcony!

From there, I could reach San Marco square in about 10 minutes. Going back and forth the Accademia bridge everyday was something...

Venice is great, enjoy!
    Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynclarke's Profile Photo

by lynclarke Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Several people will tell you Venice is very small and very walkable. Go buy a Streetwise map and start studying it. YOu will need it anyway. We rented an apartment for a week in the Dorsoduro neighborhood - not far from the Peggy Guggenheim museum in one direction and the Zattere in the other. My only one tip would be- pick a place which allows you to walk to the train station or plaza for the busses if there is a vaporetto strike. You will end up walking all over the city- Jewish quarter, Guidecca,San Marco, campo santa Marguerita and taking a boat ride to the out islands so get a place you can afford and you can access regardless of others' activities. Some people want to be near San Marco square- that is the very last place I want to be!

2 members found this helpful

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Hi

We stayed on a side canal that was quite close to Piazza San Marco. It was a perfect location for visiting the best attractions. And the view was beautiful' Have a read of my review:
    "A Perfect Choice- Hotel Becher" - Hotel Becher Tip by lynnehamman

1 member found this helpful

• von.otter's Profile Photo

by von.otter Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

You can find quiet hotels in the San Marco sestiere (district). True being right on Piazza San Marco can be headache. Hotel dell'Opera (www.hoteldelloperavenice.com) is in San Marco but removed from the hustle & bustle of Piazza San Marco and only a seven minute walk away. It is also near to Ponte Rialto (the Rialto Bridge). This central location will allow you easy access on foot to all the sights of Venice.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I agree totally with Lyn when she says to stay within walking distance of the Train Station. Travelling on the vaporettos with luggage can be horrendous. Once you have checked in and dropped your bags, then the vaporettos are much more appealing. If you are wanting to come in from the airport on water then the Alilaguna will probably widen your options as will a water taxi. Be advised however that a water taxi will not be budget priced by any means, however if you are happy to pay up you will certainly enjoy the ride.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM

von.otter wrote:
    You can find quiet hotels in the San Marco sestiere (district). True being right on Piazza San Marco can be headache. Hotel dell'Opera (www.hoteldelloperavenice.com) is in San Marco but removed from the hustle & bustle of Piazza San Marco and only a seven minute walk away. It is also near to Ponte Rialto (the Rialto Bridge). This central location will allow you easy access on foot to all the sights of Venice.

We spent only one night (our last in Venice) at Hotel del'Opera  and it was a good experience.Breakfast was inclded and rooms are very spacious and well oppointed.

The location os convenient, also almost next door to Opera House.  We paid 120euros per night.

What was a huge PLUS for us (especially when we had to get ourslves and all our luggage back to the station) was the fact that the hotel has a privae water landing, and we used a water taxi which stopped right outside the hotel. Its just NOT fun  schlepping suitcases along cobbled streets and on overcrowded vaporettos.

1 member found this helpful

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

by oriettaIT Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I just spent a weekend in Venice and stayed at Hotel Adua. It was perfect as very close to the train station. clean quite and with nice owners.
    Here my review "Super convenient location and affordable price" - Hotel Adua Tip by oriettaIT
    Happy travel

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines