Hello, please if somebody can answer some of this questions, we are going from the 20th to the 23th febraury I will apreciate it:
1. Some kind of circus in the city? like gypsy or normal circus
2. Punk and heavymetal or rock bars, concerts? Better if groups sing in macedonian, not in english
3. Gypsies neiborhoods where we can visit and are not dangerous.
4. Neiborhoods of minorities or religious
5. Any dangerous places to avoid?
6. Flea markets
7. Food markets
Thank you very much
Could anyone advise me how to get from Skopje airport to The hotel koka? Is there a bus that goes nearby or is better just to get a taxi? If taxis best how much should I expect to pay or is there a set fare?
As always, thank you for your help.
We are from Malaysia. Our travel group of 7 adults have planned a 3 week self drive tour of the Balkans in May 2016. We will rent a van to drive in a loop from Sofia - Belgrade - Zagreb - Ljubljana - Plitvicka Jezera NP - Split - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Tirana - Ohrid - Skopje - Sofia.
On our last day (21st May 2016), we plan to drive @ 1000hr from Skopje to Sofia Airport to return the rented van @ 1800hr, and then catch our flight to KUL @ ETD 2130hr. The drive on route E871 is approx 250km / 4 hr drive.
We need advice on the following questions;
1. As we are driving a rented van, would we face issues with the border control guards at the border crossing from Macedonia into Bulgaria with our passports and/or rented van ? The rental car company in Sofia will give us a Power of Attorney certificate to allow us to drive the rented van through the destinations on our trip itinerary, or
2. Should we depart a day in advance (ie on 20th May 2016) from Skopje to Sofia in case we face issues with the border guards and is delayed for half a day ? If this happen, then we one extra day to resolve any issues with the border guards to allow us to drive our rented van to Sofia.
Would appreciate your valued advice on the above. TQ
I will be soon travelling to Macedonia with my first stop in Ohrid and then Skopje. As I am a traveller and not a tourist, I really want to see how locals really leave, how they think and experience things they would. What is the best way to do this? What thing should I join in(exept from food activities of course since food is the universal language:) ) ?
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|