change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

Truffle hunting

Croatia 1 hours ago

Where is the best place for truffle hunting in Croatia? Do we need to make reservation for the end of september?
      Tks

more
    • Find a lift

Bednja Jul 6, 2014 at 4:50 PM

is there a way of sharing a lift from budapest to bedjna?

more
    • Sim card for laptop dongle

Cavtat Jul 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Is there a good phone or computer shop in Cavtat where I can buy a sim card for my laptop USB dongle?

more
    • can i get a taxi in ploce

Ploce Jul 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM

can i get a taxi in ploce

more
    • Transport on Cres Island

Cres Jul 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a taxi or a bus service on the Island of Cres please. I want to travel from Porozina Ferry Port to Merag Ferry Port and do not want to hire a car, walk or cycle!!

Many thanks.

more
    • Advice on trip to Trogir? Thanks!

Trogir Jul 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I am staying in an apartment in Trogir for a week in August and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on a few things?

1 - I am going with family and a friend, I don't plan to spend much time with family of an evening, was wondering how much money I would need for the week for mainly cigarettes and alcohol? I am not a huge drinker but do like to drink a fair amount whilst on holiday and smoke a lot, does anyone know rough prices of cigarettes and alcohol in Croatia?

2 - I've heard that Trogir is very boring of a night time is this correct? If so how easy would it be for me to travel to other parts of the country that are more lively and preferably close by as do not want to spend to much on travel?

3- Which options do I have if I want to travel into Split from Trogir of a night time, is it only taxis or are there other ways and how much time will I spend travelling to Split from Trogir and what will the costs roughly be of travelling?

4- I've heard that there are no beaches in Trogir or swimming pools, is this true? if so what are the closest beaches that have a good atmosphere and are sandy?

And finally I have been told that Ciovo is close by, is there any good night life in Ciovo or nice beaches?

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions!! As starting to worry that I'm going to have an awful holiday:(

more
    • From Budapest to Ljubliana and then Zagreb - tips

Zagreb Jul 13, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Hello travelers!

My friends and I are planning to do a small trip from Budapest to Ljubljana and then Zagreb - it has to be in this order due to plane tickets.

We are planning to stay one day in Ljibljana and two at Zagreb. Transportation and where to stay tips are welcome. We also would like to go to Dubrovnik, but we are not sure if we will have time to do it, but if somebody has an opinion and advice of a easy and cheap way to get there, please share it! :)

Tips about typical food and that stuff are welcome as well :D

Just keep in mind that we have a low budget! :) :)

Thank you all,
      And keep travelling! 3
      All the best,

Lily

more
    • Accommodation right next to sea?

Dubrovnik Jul 10, 2014 at 7:52 AM

We'd like to spend a week of our 3 weeks in Croatia in a place right next to the sea where we can hear the waves outside. It doesn't matter what sort of accommodation it is as long as it's quiet and of course clean. Would anybody have a recommendation for a place in, or very near to, Dubrovnik which would fulfil this requirement?

Thanks a million.

more
    • Travelling Around

Zadar Jul 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Will stay at Frankensteiner Hotel Iadera. Is it possible to travel to other towns ? ( cannot drive) & what are approximate costa

more
    • how to get from pinezici village to pula?

Pinezici Jun 30, 2014 at 3:12 AM

could you please tell me what alternatives there are for traveling from Pinezici village to the city center in Pula, other than taxi or own car?
      Also, what are the taxi fees in Croatia.. price per km?
      Thank you

more
    • 4 month rental furnished 2 bed min required

Split Jun 29, 2014 at 7:34 AM

hi all..need a 4 month furnished 2 bed min rental in split area although i will look at other areas if needed....i am driving thro Europe and will be in Croatia in the next week or so,coastel is not important..please email on timaloy56@gmail.com

more
    • Taxi or rent-a-car to travel from Zegreb to Split

Zagreb Jul 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM

What are the requirements in order to rent-a-car from Zebreb airport to Split

Suran

more
    • Tourist train from Bozava to Sakarun

Dugi Otok Jul 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hello,

We will be traveling to Dugi otok in the next week or so and would like to find out the tourist train schedule.

If someone could send us some information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
      Doug

more
    • I'm arriving by train in Split.

Split Jul 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Arriving by train in Split. How to do I get to Hotel Eden from train station and what is the expected cost to get to the hotel?. Thank-you

more
    • Kayaking in Krka National park

Krka National Park Jul 13, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Is there anywhere to hire kayaks, or any form of personal water transport in the park? Myself and two others are visiting in September, and it would be a fantastic way to see the park

more
    • Croatia - Hvar Town to Vela Luka with Bikes

Korcula Jul 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Hi,

We will be doing a cycle trip of Croatia's Dalmation Island in September.  Does anyone know if it is possible to go direct from Hvar town to Vela Luka with bikes? We will be travelling in early September and everything we have read indicates that the catamarans won't take bikes.

If anyone can shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Walking from bus station to Hotel Park

Rovinj Jul 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Will I be able to walk from the Rovinj bus station to the Hotel Park along the coast? Google Maps is suggesting walking via Ul Maltea Benussia/Fontana/Zagrebacka/Luje Adamovica to Ul Ivana Matetica Ronjgova but says the route may be missing sidewalks or paths.

more
    • Porec to Ljubljana - direct transport

Porec Jul 2, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi
      Searched the following website for buses between Porec departing 18:10 to Ljubljana arriving 20:43 (30441)
      and note there are 2 buses scheduled per day both too late for me.

balkanviator.com/en/bus-time...

Also found the following and it has too many chages of buses/trains:

Depart Poreč, Bus station 08:15, arrive Pazin, Bus station 08:50 (14204 )

Depart Pazin 10:22, arrive Lupoglav 10:51 (S-Bahn)

Depart Lupoglav 15:10 arrive Buzet 15:28 ( S-Bahn)

Depart Buzet 16:00 arrive Divaca 16:47( R 7704)

Depart Divaca 16:55 arrive Ljubljana 18:40 (R 2615)

Are there more direct option in the morning by bus?

Thanks

more
    • Small boat or sailing vessel to see Croatia and islands

Croatia Jun 24, 2014 at 6:29 AM

We are looking for boat recommendations for the Croatia and the dalmatian coast. June 7 or 8th! small exclusive ship or sailing vessel. 2 travelers 45 years old celebrating 20 yr anniversary!

more
    • Accommodation - single Dad and two boys

Croatia Jul 13, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Is it usually easy to find accommodation on arrival in small seaside towns in Croatia? Eg. in the Greek Islands, each arriving boat is met by a gaggle of people offering cheap rooms to stay in. Is it similar in Croatia ? Travelling this way appeals, because we don't have to commit in advance to staying in one town, and can wander at will. However, I'm a single Dad with two boys (8 and 10), and spending most of the day looking for places to stay would be a big hassle. We're hoping to go to somewhere around Zadar at the end of July/beginning of August - ie. the height of the season. Very grateful for advice !

more
    • Suggested intinary

Zadar Jun 24, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Hi, we are a family with 2 young children (3,6) travelling to Croatia in the summer. We have 12 nights flying into Dubrovnik and out of Zadar. I have already booked 4 nights in Dubrovnik but looking for suggested intinary to get to Zadar for our flight out. My wife is not very keen on moving very often, so really only looking for two bases along the route, 4 night each. There seems to be so many options, obviously the island look lovely so could island hop, but my current though is to drive along the mainline coast and stop at Makarska which looks very pretty with access via ferry/boat to the islands for day trips and possibility trip to split from there. I can't then decide if to stay at Zadar itself for the remaining 4 nights, or the smaller town of Sibenik, again as a base to visit the nearby national parks etc. Of course we will need time for beaches and relaxing too!

Any thoughts on my suggested route and the places I have chosen. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

more
    • what are transportation options traveling from Venice to Croatia

Croatia Jul 15, 2014 at 1:48 PM

what are transportation options traveling from Venice to Croatia

more
    • desert_princess's Profile Photo

Wimdu and co - 90% cancellation fees!!!

Pula Jul 21, 2014 at 5:30 AM

We have booked an accomodation in Pula, Croatia through http://www.wimdu.at/. Unfortunately we had to cancel it.
      The site conditions are that we're getting 100% the money back up to two days before check -in and 80% if less than 2days. Imagine the surprise when we received a sheet telling us they charge us 90% for cancellation. Of course we called support for explanation and he said , well these fees are retained by their partner ( Holiday Home) that we are working with. And by maikng the reservation we've agreed with ours aswell as their conditions. As usual nobody's fault wemust have missed reading something written in small letters. I feel taken for a fool and robbed. Anyone had similar experience? My husband went today to the Arbeiterkammer. Let's see what it will bring.

more
    • How many euros/kuna for a 8-day trip?

Croatia Jul 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM

We're a group of 5, and we're spending 8 days (7 nights) in Croatia, half in Dubrovnik and half in Split. Considering we're going to have to eat out in the evening and have a snack during the day, how many euros should we convert in kuna? I was considering to order the equivalent of about 250 euros from my bank, is that not enough (for me alone, of course, not for all 5)? This is just for basic expenses

more