Veliko Turnovo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Campsites in Melnik Bulgaria

Melnik Apr 7, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Is there a campsite in or near Melnik and if so will it be open in May. Or is it safe to wild camp in a Campervan ? Thank you

more
    • Varna, Bulgaria Reviews

Varna 23 hours ago

Anyone available to give a review on the latest on Varna, Bulgaria, as all the reviews seem to be from 2006 and earlier!

more
    • train or bus from bucharest to burgas

Burgas Mar 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM

hi,
      i would like to know what is the best way to get burgas from bucharest? the dats is 23/4.
      thank you, alon

more
    • What to do on a summer vacation

Varna Apr 17, 2014 at 7:47 AM

We are two 17 year old Girls who are going to visit Golden Sands and Varna in the summer. Do you have any recommandations for what we can do the two weeks we are staying there? We want to explore the city, shop and just have a good time :)

more
    • how to get to Sandanski from Sofia

Sandanski Apr 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

How do i get to Sandanski by train or by bus on Sunday the 13th of April?? from Sofia.
      thank you.

Jacob Brock email: JACOBB@WBTAZ.NET

more
    • Cheap 3 night excursion to Istanbul from Varna

Varna Apr 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM

My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Varna on the 22 of June, 2014. We'd like to leave for Istanbul the following day and spend 3-5 nights there. What is a good website that lists possible excursions for that time frame? Is it worth it to book an excursion in advance or just do it in person once we're in Varna?

more
    • Big Trip istanbul -Bourgas and Borgas-sofia

Bulgaria Mar 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hey Guys ,
      I am Having a conference in Sunny beach in april and i am getting very confused on my trip so any answers i would love them :)

The best Trip i might take so far is to reach istanbul then take a bus to bourgas which would take around 7 hours would that be Safe as in a road destination ? Secondly how i can Book this ticket ?

Also On My way back i want to go Bourgas-Sofia so from DBZ Website i saw the Train would take around 6 hours which is cool but my question is it better to travel at night (22:00 till 6 am ) and have a sleeping train or go in the morning at 5 am till 12 ? in terms of safety ? also in terms of punctuality are the trains usually late ?

I would really appreciate the help

more
    • Sunny beach in may worth it ?

Sunny Beach Apr 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I booked flights to bulgaria with the intention of going to sunny beach for a week starting thr 12th of may . Will there be enough people there to have a good time ?

more
    • EstherN's Profile Photo

Luggage Storage

by EstherN Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I am planning to stop by Veliko Tarnovo. Is there any left-luggage service?

5 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    • voxz's Profile Photo

Bus Schedule from Veliko Tarnovo to Plovdiv

by voxz Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Hi there,

I will be visiting Bulgaria in spring May 2012 and I am having difficulty trying to find the bus schedule online from Veliko Tarnovo to Plovdiv as I am trying to plan my trip.

Can someone advise:

1) There are 2 bus stations in Veliko Tarnovo. Which station has the most buses leaving to Plovdiv, in terms of frequency? I would like to take the earliest and direct bus eg depart around 8 to 9am as I could like to reach Plovdiv by noon.

2) Is there a bus schedule where I can check the timing of bus leaving Veliko Tarnovo to Plovdiv? I found one link avtogari.info/search_en.php?...; търново&end=пловдив
      but unsure if the timing is still valid. It states there is a bus leaving 8am from Bus Station West and arriving Plovdiv at 12:20. Service carried by: Patnicheski Prevozi Ad

3) Must I purchase the bus tickets in advance? Or can I just purchase on the day of departure? Will the bus tickets get sold out?

4) I cannot read or speak Bulgarian but I will print out and learn the Cyrillic alphabets and cities in Cyrillic. Will I encounter difficulty buying a bus ticket in Veliko Tarnovo as I understand there is not much English speaking people in the bus station?

Thank you in advance!

rgds
      voxz

2 Answers Jan 16, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    • How to get from Veliko Turnovo to Brasov, Romania

by jca8 Online Now May 18, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Hi! I am trying to find the most direct route from Veliko Turnovo to Brasov, Romania. As of right now I only know that I could take a bus to Gorna Oryahovista, then a train to Bucharest, then a bus to Brasov. Does anyone know if there is something a bit quicker or less complicated?
      Thank you!

1 Answer May 19, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    • Coaches from Sofia to Veliko Turnovo - do they stop on the way

by Captainkremmen Online Now May 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Bulgaria is fascinating .... and Veliko Turnovo looks the most interesting place of all.

The thing that's putting me off going is the length of the coach trip I'll have to take from Sofia. I get really travel sick (I know, I know, it's a bit pathetic) and the prospect of a 4 hours trip without stopping is a bit daunting. Do coaches stop on the way for a break????? Are there some companies that stop and others that don't?

I caught a coach from Sofia to Plovdiv last year ..... both of them were great places,but the journey was a nightmare. The coach was fine - it just didn't stop, and I was almost sick. My bad.

So your responses could dictate whether I go or not!

Thanks!

5 Answers May 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    • kongying's Profile Photo

Veliko T to istanbul and vice versa (April)

by kongying Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Im arriving veliko t on 12april and wish to get a train to istanbul.
      Im still deciding on whether to depart from istanbul or veliko on either way that is most convenient, so may i get infos on the Schedules/prices ??

Appreciate your advices. THANK YOU!

20 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 1:43 AM
    • SUMMER TRAVEL VT TO PLOVDIV

by ajd123 Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Does anyone know whether train 4641 (Shuman to Plovdiv via Veliko Turnovo) will run in July? The BDZ website gives no train available for the journey at all. If it is still running/will run, is it VT depart 0834; Plovdiv arrive 1342?

As far as buses go, www.avtogar.info gives two services daily at 0800 and 1330 from the Zapad/West terminal. Is that it? Does the early bus get really full in July?

4 Answers Mar 15, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    • Veliko Tarnova-Plovdiv?

by Toby1988 Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 7:09 AM

High im trying to organise my coach journey From Veliko Tarnova to Plovdiv. I understand that Yug station in Veliko travels to sofia and varna but does it go to Plovdiv?? any english links would be great for finding this info out as the ones above dont work for me and the one that does is still in Bulgarian. If anyone knows how i can aproach my problem any help would be so so so very appreciated.

All the best

Toby

15 Answers Nov 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    • sofia to veloko turnovo

by cvo Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM

hi ! i´d like to know how long the bus trip from Sofia to Veliko turnovo is. Are there any trains?
      Thank you

4 Answers Jul 10, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    • Train or bus

by devilchui Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Hi, I will travel from Buchurest to Veliko Turnovo. Someone says it is better to take a bus before. But right now, is the train OK with air-conditioners? Is it better (clean) in the 1st class? or should I take a bus?

Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Sep 16, 2009 at 5:45 AM
    • Bus from Veliko Turnovo to Bucharest

by Modra56 Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hello,
      My wife and I will be in Veliko Turnovo this May (2009). Does anyone know if there is a bus that could take us directly from Veliko Turnovo to Bucharest? If so, is there a schedule posted somewhere?

Thanks,
      Matt

2 Answers Apr 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM
    • Bucharest airport to Veliko Turnovo

by BLACKDAN Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 2:24 PM

We are arriving at Bucharest(Baneasa) airport in January and require transport to VT. We have been told there is a train from GARA DE NORD station,the Bucahrest-Istanbul service goes via Russe, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Veliko Turnovo, Troyan, Stara Zagora, Svilengrad, Edirne (Adrianopolis). Leaves Bucharest at. 13.24 every day including Sundays and Public Holidays. In VT at 20.00. Does anybody know if there is a bus or another train we will miss this train as we don't arrive until 13:30 if the plane arrives on time.

2 Answers Dec 28, 2007 at 3:46 AM
    • property in Veliko Turnovo

by Graymon Online Now Nov 8, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Hi
      Does anyone know any trusted Estate Agents in the area and what are the best Areas in Veliko Turnovo or Ruse regein that are safe, as i am hoping to go over on the 2 December to buy a poperty.

4 Answers May 17, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    • Handicapped access to sites

by MosheGolden Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Hello,

My wife and I are planning to visit VT next september. Both of us are handicapped, and though we do not use wheelchairs, we do use canes and have difficulty walking long distances. What I would like to know, given these conditions, which sites can we expect to have difficulty accessing?

Thanks for your input.

Moshe

6 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 1:25 AM
    • Candle light dinner.

by vara_rs Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Hello,
      I am visiting Veliko Tarnovo in a couple of weeks and i would like to have dinner in a romantic mooded restaurant. As i have never been there before i do now know which are the nice ones. I am looking for a classy, maybe even fancy restaurant. If you could help me i'd be very greatful. Thank you in advance for all your help.

8 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 1:59 AM
    • warmsound's Profile Photo

Veliko Turnovo to Plovdiv

by warmsound Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 7:08 AM

I am planning to travel through Bulgaria in the beginning of October and hope to spend some time in Veliko Turnovo before heading to Plovdiv. What options are there for traveling between these two cities?

Also, are there any hostels you would highly recommend or which are inferior. Thanks!

Cheers,
      DC Duxbury

7 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 6:13 AM
    • Veliko Tarnavo(Bulg) Brasov(Roman)

by Voyager_nz Online Now Jul 30, 2007 at 4:37 AM

Hi,
      How to get from VT to Brasov in Romania.
      I know there is a train untill Bucharest, and then does this continue or do need to change a train in Buch ?
      Thanks
      A

3 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 2:37 AM
    • Istanbul - Veliko Turnovo by train

by steviegs Online Now Mar 22, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Hi,my partner and I hope to take a return train journey from Istanbul to Veliko.I have tried to find prices and how to book on www bdz-rila.com but with no success.I am from Whitehaven,Cumbria and my idea to get to Veliko by the most economic ,and interesting route is to fly from Luton to Istambul via Easyjet and then catch the train to Veliko.I can get a return flight to Istambul for £125 but have no idea how much and how easy it is to travel onward by train.
      Thanks
      Steven

5 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 2:35 AM
    • carl1's Profile Photo

Carl

by carl1 Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 11:09 PM

We are looking for a flat to rent in VT from 23ed March until 17th April this year as we are going to start work on our own property in Prisovo and need some wear stay as we wont to start living Bulgaria Stly now. we only need 1 bedroom But need the internet

1 Answer Mar 11, 2007 at 1:44 AM
    • Villa Tashkoff

by manunitedfan Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 2:43 PM

Hi everyone

Me and my Husband will be travelling to Veliko Turnovo and staying at the Villa Tashkoff in April. Anyone ever stayed there? We are very interested in buying an apartment in Veliko has it sounds and looks like a beautiful place. Are there any areas to avoid? Would be grateful for any information. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2006 at 12:02 AM
    • Kartala region

by manunitedfan Online Now Feb 20, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Hi everyone

This is the first time I have used this forum. I'm after some information about the Kartala region of Veliko Turnovo. Me and my husband are seriously thinking of buying an apartment there and it will be finished June 2007. We have been in touch with property agents here in England, but it is unclear to us exactly where the apartments are being built. I have shown a colleague the building plans (which are in Bulgarian) and he says that there is a mention on the plans of a 'railway road' he thinks. Anybody out there any ideas or tips on how to find out more information.

Cheers

11 Answers Feb 21, 2006 at 10:20 PM
    • Travel to Istanbul

by Botev Online Now Dec 10, 2005 at 8:05 AM

Are there any direct buses running from Veliko Turnovo to Istanbul? What is the price of a return ticket?

6 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 3:22 AM
    • Light and Sound show schedule

by dandayan Online Now May 21, 2005 at 2:32 PM

Is the "light and Sound" show at Veliko's fortress performed in June? What is the schedule?

Thanks, Daniel

2 Answers May 22, 2005 at 8:55 PM
    • mancocapac30's Profile Photo

Transportation from Bucharest to Veliko Turnovo

by mancocapac30 Online Now Dec 7, 2004 at 1:22 PM

Hello, I will be in Bucharest, Romania and wanted to make a visit to Veliko Turnovo. I have seen that it is relatively easy to get to Veliko Turnovo from Ruse, but was wondering if anyone can give me advice on the best way to travel from Bucharest to Veliko Turnovo. I assume I can take a train from Bucharest to the border, then change trains to go to Ruse then Velko Turnovo. Is it a difficult connection for someone who doesn't speak Bulgarian (or Romanian!) Thanks, Craig

4 Answers Dec 12, 2004 at 7:31 AM
    • Veliko Turnovo Restaurant

by Rheingold Online Now Oct 14, 2004 at 4:33 AM

Hello to anyone living or staying in Veliko Turnovo. I am trying to find out where 'Tempo Pizza' is located in the town, i.e. street name. I'm told it's just off the square, and the main street.. The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of buying an apartment near there and want to find the street on my town map. Have searched the web, but although I can find Tempo pizza, there's no address. Hope someone can help.

2 Answers Nov 19, 2004 at 3:47 AM
    • johnnie1uk's Profile Photo

how long ?

by johnnie1uk Online Now Dec 21, 2003 at 5:05 AM

how long does it take to get to the black sea coast by public transport and private car. from Veliko. Is there a Market? nearest airport? please Best Wishes John

2 Answers Dec 25, 2003 at 12:08 AM