Velden

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to do with kids?

Delden Feb 6, 2015 at 7:24 AM

I have a couple of preschoolers and we will be looking for age appropriate activities for a couple of days mid-august. Any suggestions as to what to do/where to go would be appreciated

more
    • TraceyA10's Profile Photo

find Eetcafe

Hillegom Feb 27, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Where is Eetcafe near pastoorslan 30

more
    • Beers in Amsterdam

Amsterdam 17 hours ago

What should I roughly be paying for a beer in Amsterdam pubs? Obviously it will vary but a good idea of correct current prices would be appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • lezlswart's Profile Photo

Any tips/reviews on Hoofddrorp?

Amsterdam Feb 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Might be moving to Hoofddorp in 6 weeks for a long term employment contract. Any tips or reviews from residents or tourists would be so appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • chetanamale's Profile Photo

Need Info-Eindhoven

Eindhoven Feb 23, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Hello,

I'm living in Eindhoven centrum and looking for a shop near by to buy a hammer, could you please
      guide where -which shop-I can get this ?

thanks,
      chetan

more
    • Winter Weather

Amsterdam Feb 22, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Hello,
      how has Winter been this year? I'm hoping not overly severe, as I am visiting Keukenhof around 11/12 or 13th April, I know some severe winters have caused a delay in the blooms, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

more
    • Fred9221's Profile Photo

Ijmuiden Transportation

Amsterdam Feb 18, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Would like to take a taxi from downtown Amsterdam to port of Ijmuiden and return after cruise to airport from Ijmuiden.

Suggestions

more
    • Transfer to San Fransisco

Schiphol Feb 3, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Good morning , I am Syrian traveling to US by KLM and have US visa .and transferring in Schiphol do I need anything?

Thanks a lot

more
    • Amsterdam Attractions

Amsterdam Yesterday

Dear fellow travellers and friends!

Any recommendations of places for sightseeing and nice affordable restaurants? Good things must share!

Thank you!

Regards,
      Raphael
      Singapore

more
    • Rail/Bus passes

Netherlands Feb 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Hello,
      We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids (13yrs)) planning a visit to Netherlands in early April. Our base will be Amsterdam. Our itinerary
      Day 1) City of Amsterdam
      2) Zaanse Shans - 1/2 day (train), other half in Amsterdam
      3) Keukonauf - Full day trip (train,bus,taxi?)
      4) Amsterdam - Den Haag (train)- spend half a day, Den Haag-Rotterdam(train)- Spend half a day, Rotterdam-Amsterdam (train)

Currently Day 2 and Day 3 fall over a weekend. I wanted to find out what are the best available options for transportation? I have read about OV-Chipkaart online but cannot quite understand it.

Should we get day passes? Is it cheaper to individual buy train tickets for each day? How does OV-Chipkaart help with these trips?

Thank you for any help

more
    • 50km bicycle trip in Texel for untrained people

Netherlands Feb 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Hello,

I'm planning to have a 50km bike trip in Texel,

For the trip we have like 8-9 hours.

The people coming with me know how to ride a bike, but are not in 100% fit (just regular people which don't train).

Will the trip be too hard/impossible?

Should we rent an electric bike instead?

Thank you very much.

more
    • Service Date in Batenburg

Batenburg Feb 3, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Does anyone know this years date for the Conry-Candler memorial service
      I attended last year but not sure of this years date
      Many thanks
      Dave Havard
      daveh74@hotmail.com

more
    • Best supermarkets

Amsterdam Feb 3, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Hi all, we will be staying on saphatistraat, please can you advise best place to shop for food etc.

more
    • Keukenhof in April

Amsterdam Feb 5, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Hi,
      whilst on holiday in April, we are planning a visit to Keukenhof, I do not want to use a tour company as their day trips are only half a day. We really want to see as much of it as possible & lunch there too, so will go early morning.

I understand there are combi tickets, I am staying at Sarphatistraat & wish to find the simplist way to travel to Keukenhof & best place to buy combi ticket.

more
    • itinerary for keukenhof and amsterdam

Amsterdam Feb 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Hi,

I am going Netherlands with my friend for 2 days 11th and 12th April 2015. I will be reaching amsterdam airport 7:30 AM and then same day I am planning to visit keukenhof park. I am planning to take hotel in amsterdam only. Can you please suggest how to go to keukenhof park from amsterdam. Also what else can be done in amsterdam on 12th. My flight is back on 12th around 21:00 hrs.

more
    • Mastercard

Amsterdam Feb 3, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Hi,
      is MasterCard widely accepted in Amsterdam or is money preferred? Are there easy to find cash machines?

more
    • Hotels near city centre

Amsterdam Feb 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM

We will be in Amsterdam in May after a bus tour of Europe. We are looking for a hotel close to the city centre that is reasonably priced and does free breakfasts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Smokers friendly

Amsterdam Feb 11, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Hi
      Me & my husband are travailing to Amsterdam in March we are smokers & want some where cheapish & local to stay & "smoking friendly" as the last time we traveled here we stayed at the west cord art & felt very out of place & was quite far to travel from the station.

more
    • Currency conversion

Amsterdam Feb 4, 2015 at 3:27 PM

When I travel to Amsterdam should I convert to euros in the U.S. or wait until I am in Amsterdam?

more
    • Passport Control

Amsterdam Feb 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I am going from Boston to Cologne, Germany on Delta via Amerstam and connecting to Cologne on air partner KLM. Will I need to go thru passport control and security or can I go directly to my connecting gate? I only have 55 minutes and am nervous!

more
    • Memo silence museum

Amsterdam Feb 3, 2015 at 3:54 AM

We are thinking about taking our 3 children here, would you recommend ? Also best travel to here, all comments & advice welcome .

more
    • Difficulty walking

Amsterdam Feb 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Now in my 70s, my ability to walk around a city is gone. I can only do short distances. What is my best way of getting to landmarks or restaurants? C

more
    • Toy shops in Amsterdam, Lego in particular

Amsterdam Feb 4, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hi,
      When we travel to Amsterdam for our holiday in April, it will be my sons 10th birthday, he is a huge Lego fan so I thought it would be very special if he could choose a model whilst there. Any ideas?

more
    • Cafe & Coffee!

Amsterdam Feb 3, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Hi,
      can anyone recommend & advise on Cafe's, my husband & I enjoy sitting & watching the world go by, our children enjoy a drink & snack but we do NOT want to go where there is Cannabis or any smoking at all.

more
    • Dutch cheese.

Amsterdam Feb 24, 2015 at 1:25 AM

How do Dutch cheeses compare with English taste, like Cheddar, Cheshire, Lancashire etc? are there any similar tastes & textures, do the cheese stores smell? (That was my little boy's question)

more