Veere Travel Answers

change location
Yurena's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Veere

by Yurena Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 5:23 AM

I will be attending one of my best friends' wedding in Veere on May 2005. It will be my first time visiting Holland and wonder if someone out there would be so kind to give me some tips on hotels in Veere and beautiful museums to see (also shops with traditional Dutch items , any recommendations ?) Many thanks for reading and hope to hear from some of you :-) Yurena

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • tompt's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Veere

by tompt Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 5:32 AM

Veere is a lovely small town. The must see things like museums and tourist shops can be done in a day. A hotel in Veere: http://www.campveersetoren.nl/ For more info on Veere see some VT pages on the town ( http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/6f85b/ ) or on the provincie Zeeland (http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/313/ ). Have fun, Gonnie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Accommodation in Veere

by ATLC Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 8:41 AM

You lucky person! Veere is a beautiful little town, absolutely romantic to marry there. You know that Veere has a strong link with Scotland, historically? In medieval times it was one of the main cities of the country. But I am carried away. Don't be misled by Marcel's comment about 'downtown'. Veere is absolutely tiny. Campveerse Toren or Waepen van Veere are both 2 minutes walk from the town hall, where the marriage undoubtedly will take place. You'll find many nice shops in Veere. Very touristy for us, but very nice for visitors. Also try to include nearby Middelburg which is the capital of the province Zeeland. Only a 10 minute drive away. Have fun! PJ and Marcel, thanks for the accomodation tips. They were lacking on my Veere page. I'll update.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 9:09 AM

AT ?????? :-) LOL, PJ

• tompt's Profile Photo

by tompt Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 10:17 AM

you are welcome !

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 10:25 AM

Tom, Is it me or is it you?? PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 10:31 AM

What? !

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 10:32 AM

Oops! I mean to say: thanks TOM and Marcel :-))) See PJ, I'm not used to replying before you when it comes to The Netherlands forums :-)

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 11:53 AM

With only 2 hotels in Veere, what could I have added? Well, here's the address of the local tourist office: VVV Walcheren en Noord-Beveland Oudestraat 28 4351 AV Veere Normally the VVV offices sell nice souvenirs. PJ PS AT, no hard feelings, just fun

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 2:46 PM

Just fun indeed! Veere is awash with nice souveniry shoppies :-)

• Yurena's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Veere

by Yurena Online Now Nov 18, 2004 at 4:53 AM

You are absolutely lovely people ! Thanks for all the tips about shopping and the names of the two hotels in Veere and the local tourism office :-) After reading your postings I am really looking forward to my trip to the Netherlands. Yurena

• RE: Accommodation in Veere

by Pjotr48 Online Now Aug 8, 2005 at 6:39 PM

Veere is one of the most unfriendly places in Holland. One of the only places where handicapped people have to pay to park their car on special parking places for handicapped people, while they had to pay a lot to get their handicapped parking licence.
    Veere belongs tot he community Domburg. The most a-social community in Holland.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Accommodation in Veere

by ATLC Online Now Aug 9, 2005 at 3:14 AM

Oh dear, that isn't nice. As handicapped person, you can park your car in all parking spaces, however there are special parking spaces for handicapped that can NOT be used by others. That means there is always a place for a handicapped person to park. So it's quite the other way round.
    If you were told otherwise, then it is wrong.
    In many places, if you have a handicapped parking license, you often do not have to pay a parking fee. But this is for you to check with the city council where you park your car.
    All this is the case in the whole of NL, not just Veere!

If you can read Dutch, check
    infopol.asp4all.nl/jsp/page....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines