change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Vatican City Travel Answer Locations

• vatican tours

Vatican City Apr 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Which Vatican tour is better: Vatican museum and st. peter's basilica? Or the same sights but from Art and Christianity perspective? We are also quite religious. thanks!

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • rome to vatican..

Vatican City Mar 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM

what is the cost of the ticket from rome to vatican city by bus?

7 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Sistine Chapel

Vatican City Feb 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Where can we find a guide to take us through the Vatican, especially the Sistine Chapel? Do we get our tickets online & then search for one?

2 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • what to expect

Vatican City Jan 18, 2014 at 11:41 AM

This August I am venturing to Italy for the first time. Will be there on my 65th birthday August 15th. We will be in the country for 14 days and don't know what to expect. Such as language, food, sightseeing, nightlife etc

8 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    • Location and name?

Vatican City Jan 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Restaurant immediately outside Vatican walls on left (South?) side. Large multi-course meal, advice is to allow two or three hours. Supposedly used by Vatican personnel and priests.

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • Vatican tour

Vatican City Dec 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Can you recommend a complete tour for the Vatican? We would prefer small group but see there are countless ones advertised.

2 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    • Paul_Traveler's Profile Photo

Easter Vigil Mass

Vatican City Dec 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I have been so lucky as to have recieved tickets for my children and myself for Holy Saturday Mass at St Peters. From what I have read, it looks like this is an evening Mass and that is fine as it is actually our last day and evening in Rome before flying home.

1. What I need to know is how do I find out the exact starting time for this Mass?
      2. How early before the start of the Mass should be getting in line since even though we will have tickets, I wish to ensure we get inside and perhaps even get some seats.
      3. We will be staying in a hotel near Termini and I am wondering how I find out if the subway will still be running after the Mass which maybe around midnight or slight there after?

I am sure I will think of other questions but if anyone can help with these, I will be headed in the right direction.

Thanks, Paul

9 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Closest main train station to Center city - Vatican area

Vatican City Nov 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

We are traveling to Pisa on an early train and would like to go out closest to hotel. Which is closer Termini, Turburtina or Ostiense

3 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM
    • Attend Mass, January 6, 2014

Vatican City Oct 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Anyone knows where, when and how to get tickets?

11 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    • Travelling to and from airport to Vatican

Vatican City Aug 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Can I take the bicycles on the bus or train into the Vatican

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • Travelling to and from airport to Vatican

Vatican City Aug 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

We are arriving at Rome's airport on the 1st of Sept. 2013. We will have bicycles with us. What is the best way to get from the airport to the Vatican?

13 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • Vatican tours

Vatican City May 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Hi,

Is Vatican open for tourists post new pope has been selected. I am looking at visiting St Peters ('Basilica di San Pietro'), the Sistine Chapel ('Cappella Sistina') and the Vatican Museums ('Musei Vaticani').
      in July 2013.

12 Answers May 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    • Easter Opening times

Vatican City Mar 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Can anyone tell me the official opening times and prices for The Vatican and Sistine Chapel over the 2013 Easter weekend please? We don't arrive in Rome until the Saturday afternoon so think we may miss them.

5 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

How will the Papal resignation affect visitors to Rome?

Vatican City Feb 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

For the next 30-40 days, I will conduct an experiment here at VT using the new features of the website. As you know, VT does not (yet) have a good way to communicate breaking or time-sensitive news that is important to the traveler. While VT is working on solutions, I would like to use the existing and recently added features of the website to try to follow the events in the Vatican and report how they may affect travelers to Rome in the next 30-40 days.

To do this, I will add - hopefully daily - updates to schedules and changes in the Vatican (and Rome) that affect the typical visitor, such as changes to the hours of the Vatican Museums, changes to access to the Basilica, changes to audiences and the Angelus at noon, changes to the Necropolis and gardens tours and whatever features of the Vatican that visitors can access, as well as changes in Rome related to the conclave.

I am posting this notice here in the Vatican City Forum, the Rome Forum, and in the Misc Forum, BUT I am adding all updates to the Comments at the bottom of the page of the Vatican City Travel Guide (Vatican City Travel Guide. If you lose this link, just do a search on Vatican City as a destination - you'll get one hit, which will be the Travel Guide for Vatican City.

Go to the bottom of the page for the Comments. If you want to be notified of any new comments, then find the box with "Follow" to the right of "Comments" near the bottom of the page, and click it. Your Dashboard will be updated each time a new comment is added.

Of course, you are invited to add your own comments about the changes in the Vatican about any updates that you have discovered, or to ask any questions that affect your travel plans in particular. I and the rest of the VT Community will answer them as quickly as we can.

I expect to keep this up until a new Pope is elected and the Vatican settles back into a routine...until then, please subscribe to the Comments on the Vatican City Travel Guide, and let me (and VT) know how well this experiment works for you.

Bill McCalpin
      Vatican City Travel Editor
      mccalpin@vtmail.com

1 Answer Feb 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • Jewelry store sold menorah pendant

Vatican City Feb 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

My Jewish friend bought a menorah pendant about 15 years ago at a jewelry store outside the Vatican.
      It was stolen and she is desperately trying to replace it?
      Any suggestions as to what stores to contact?
      Many thanks

5 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    • clareabee's Profile Photo

visit to the Vatican - February

Vatican City Jan 9, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Hi,

we are in Rome for 5 nights from the 3rd february. We are staying about 10 minutes from the colloseum so assume it is fairly easy to walk to the vatican from here.
      I know you need tickets for the museums - does the sistine chapel come under this or will we need further tickets?
      St. Peters Basilica - do we need tickets for this or is it just a case to queue - is it all clearly sign posted?
      I note that there is an audience with the Pope on Wednesdays if he is in Rome - how do you get tickets for this and is it worth it as we will be spending one day in the Vatican and I am assuming that this may take a chunk out of our visit?

Look forward to all your responses.

Clare

21 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    • Best times to visit

Vatican City Jul 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

What is the best day and time to visit the Vatican? What is the best tour company you have used? Name of tour guides that you liked?
      We are going in September and will be in Rome Friday afternoon through Tuesday morning. Thanks!

9 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Vatican Railway

Vatican City Jun 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

This is really a railfans question, but a Roman who uses san pietro regularly may be able to answer this.
      On google you can see a little 2 car multiple unit on the spur to the Vatican from san pietro station
      gcerc.files.wordpress.com/20...
      but this isnt a Roma suburban train. The Vatican rarely use this line now of course, but we are just interested in what this train is and if it's ever seen parked there or if this is just a freak coincidence when the helicopter was passing.

7 Answers Feb 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • BIW's Profile Photo

Ipad in Vatican Museum?

Vatican City May 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Hi,

I am going to Italy and the Vatican Museum and have 2 questions about it.

1) Has anyone taken their Ipad into the museum? Is it allowed?
      2) There are some Vatican Museum Guide apps I am thinking of downloading. Has anyone used them and, if so, how do they compare with the audio guide you can get at the museum?

Thanks in advance.

10 Answers May 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Spiral Staircase details

Vatican City Mar 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I'd like to photograph the spiral staircase from the top looking down (along with everyone else, I'm sure). How do I get to this staircase once I get through the front entry? I think I read it's near the exit--do you start at the top or bottom? Is there an elevator if it starts at the bottom? Once you start walking on the stairway can you go back into the Museum? (we wanted to take the door from the Sistine Chapel to St Peters so we can avoid the line from the outside).

8 Answers Mar 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Vatican/Sistine/Coliseum/Forum in 1 day

Vatican City Mar 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

It's going to be pretty tight for time so knowing that we HAVE to visit all of these places in 1 day, I need a little more info: once we drop off our bags at 1030am at our hotel which is beside the Termini, is the metro line A the fastest way to get to the Vatican? I am going to be booking our tickets (2) on their website--is it a good idea? Do we definitely avoid the line up by pre-booking? We'll be there on the Tuesday just after Easter--any problems we might encounter? Can I take photos inside (without flash of course). After we're done, what's the fastest way to get to the Coliseum (besides walking? Mama don't walk so fast...)? The Coliseum is open later than the Vatican in April, is that right? When does the last ticket get sold for entry to the Coliseum/Forum/Palatine? I understand we might not see it all, but we've only got the one day to do it (ok maybe just the coliseum, not Palatine). Many thanks!

16 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    • vatican gardens

Vatican City Jan 31, 2012 at 9:40 AM

How I can book tickets for the visit of Vatican Gardens in minibus and than museums of Vatican? In thw website I find the Vatican Gardens only 2 hours by foot with guide. But I know there is a minivan for 1 hour with audioguide

4 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    • want to buy some scarves, but how

Vatican City Nov 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM

When I visited the Vatican in August I bought a bunch of scarves from the gift shop. My friends loved them, so I'm trying to buy more, but all emails to the Vatican either go unanswered or disappear.
      Does anyone know if there's an email address to the gift shop, or someone at the Vatican that can buy and ship me a bunch of scarves like the ones I bought.
      Thanks,

4 Answers Dec 1, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    • frank.cien's Profile Photo

Polish tours of the Vatican

Vatican City Nov 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM

How can I find tour guides who take Polish speaking tourists?

2 Answers Nov 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    • reaching Vatican city by 110 open bus

Vatican City Oct 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM

What is the best way to reach Vatican city? We are staying near Termini station. We have 110 Open bus tickets as well.

6 Answers Oct 31, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    • Monday or Thursday

Vatican City May 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Since Vatican is not covered in Roma Pass that i plan to buy.I'm wonderng if its a good idea to do it on monday and then see rest of places from Tue to Thurs or the other way around.any thoughts? or its the same thing?

5 Answers May 29, 2011 at 2:27 AM
    • loislois's Profile Photo

Tickets Details PLEASE ???

Vatican City May 3, 2011 at 7:05 AM

Hello VT'ers.

Been in Rome this weekend wonder what about tickets in Vatican.

1. Is Saint Peter Basilica (church) free for visit or need a ticket ?
      2. Is Cupola of the Saint Peter free or need a ticket ?
      3. BETTER TIME OF THE DAY TO VISIT IT ? AND
      4. How many hours (AVERAGE) need to spend to visit St. Peter, Museuns and the Sistine Chapel ?

I know that :

The admission ticket is valid for visiting BOTH the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel only on the date of purchase

Any other helpfull TIP will be WELCOME ! :)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Lois

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

What is the best day in the week to visit the Vatican?

Vatican City Feb 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I've read the VT tips and also went to the official site for the Vatican and I'm not finding much information. I'm thinking Sunday would be the best day to go because they will have a service. I don't know what time the service will take place and would also like to have the guided tour. If there is a service (besides Wednesday & Thursday) perhaps that may be better with possibly less people? Thanks, in advance, for your insight!

10 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM
    • xdaliv's Profile Photo

What day should i go to Vatican? and opening times in Feb?Advise desperate needed

Vatican City Jan 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM

A group of us (6 pax) are heading to Rome in February. The only time we can visit Vatican is on Feb 12 (Sat!) and Feb 14 (Mon!).
      Its off peak but its on the 2 days of the week that are not advisable to visit. Plus Sat is stuck in between 2 closing days of the Vatican.
      I'm reluncant to go on Monday because we will be going to Pompei and Naples on Sunday. If we have to go early to queue for tickets, it be tiring. So Sat is better. But...

1. Heard that on Saturday, opening hours is till 12.30? Or is that daily winter hours? or just winter saturday? Oh Lord. No one can 100% confirm this.
      2. Should i "skip the line"? or just wing it?
      3. If monday's last entrance time is 3PM, is it possible to head over to St Peter first then to the Museum in hope the crowd have thinned out by 11-12PM?

Note: I prefer not to buy tickets but to wait more than an hour, i would consider paying the extra 24Euros to skip the line.

6 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    • Eve33's Profile Photo

Hotel in Vatican

Vatican City Aug 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Hello,
      I have heard that a hotel reserved to the ecclesiastics was built a few years ago in the Vatican state.
      Could you confirm and indicate its location, and precise if a taxi can drive you there.
      Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Aug 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM