Vatican City Travel Answers

change location

Jewelry store sold menorah pendant

by GGDARSPG Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

My Jewish friend bought a menorah pendant about 15 years ago at a jewelry store outside the Vatican.
It was stolen and she is desperately trying to replace it?
Any suggestions as to what stores to contact?
Many thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Jewelry store sold menorah pendant

by leics Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

There are rather a lot of shops selling jewellery etc etc in the streets immediately surrounding Vatican city. It's difficult to know what to suggest (especially as it was 15 years ago) except that your friend uses google streetview to have a look round and see if anything triggers a memory.

Another idea might be to google 'menorah pendant' and see if any of the images displayed are the type your friend has lost. The seller might not be in Rome, but perhaps that does not matter?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

leics is right that there are a bunch of jewelry and gifts shops in the area around the east side of the Vatican, especially in Borgo Pio (just northeast of St. Peter's Square), really, too many to name.

However, I did want to tell J that I accidentally found the name of the vendors inside the Vatican - http://www.savellireligious.com/ - we have had the question before of how to contact the Vatican Museums gift shop, and this may be the operator...

Bill

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Yes, I found that one too but I couldn't see any non-Christian jewellery and..to be honest..wouldn't expect to see any. So I think perhaps the pendant was bought from one of the numerous other shops around the perimeter of the Vatican?

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM

No, I am sure that it was bought off-site...I just wanted to get the name on this thread so that we could find it again...

Bill

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Good plan, Bill! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Vatican City Travel Answer Locations