Varese Travel Answers

change location
greencargirl's Profile Photo

Hotel or B&B in Saronno?

by greencargirl Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Bongiorno,

We are seeking accomodation in Saronno near the express train station, and there are a few places that we've found on the internet, but not a single one of them has any traveler-reviews on VT or tripadvisor (or anywhere else that I've discovered). So we have no idea if they are clean, if the beds are comfortable, etc.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the places in Saronno? We see there is a Villa Sogno (B&B), Hotel Cyrano, Hotel Mercurio, Albergo Motel Pioppeto, Albergo Principe, and a few others.

If we end up staying in Saronno, I will have to add a VT travel page for it (there are none!). Thanks,
Grazie!

Susan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Hotel or B&B in Saronno?

by jebep Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Ciao Susan!
    It was two years ago that you posted this "request" and if I read correctly no one ever responded...peccato (a shame)!
    I am travelling to Saronno in a few weeks and have met with the same issue. There are several hotels that seem like good deals but not much reliable info, even two years later !

SO, did you go? Did you stay in Saronno after all?

Could you give me a heads-up about what is the situation with the hotels?

THANK YOU!!!

jebep

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel or B&B in Saronno?

by greencargirl Online Now Jul 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Greetings, Jebep!

YES, we did stay in Saronno, and it worked out perfectly for our needs. I will say, it isn't really geared to tourists, but rather is a stop along the express train to the airport (which worked perfectly for us) used by commuters. We stayed at Villa Sogno, a gorgeous place in an italian home, and they graciously picked us up from the train station. We could easily have walked to their place from the train station using our GPS, but it helped to have them pick us up the first time; it's about a 20 minute walk. They showed us how to walk to town, which is more like a driving city than a walking city, but we could find some fast food at night which worked fine. This was really ideal for us. You can catch a train straight to Lake Como from Saronno for a day trip. Then it's a straight (15 minute?) shot to the airport in the morning if you're flying out from Milano. It was really the whole airport commute thing with the added bonus of an easy day trip to Lake Como at the tail-end of our trip that made it so worth while for us. The owners actually let us leave our luggage at their place for a week while we flew to Paris. Then we took the train back to them, staying one last night before our trip back to the states. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines